Yes indeed - we really learned the hard way that fuzzy pictures of azure blue swimming pools and empty beach fronts are far from the truth....unlike our neighbors who had a sun drenched deck with lovely view of the sea - we were treated to a dark, locked up and overgrown mosquito farm.
Low points to include:
- No one to greet us or help us find the key to get in when we arrived
- Hard beds offering a paradise for either bed bugs or mosquito nests
- Old Bed sheets -some with old blood stains - use your imagination here...
- A large gas bottle connecting the oven sitting in the middle of the kitchen
- Burnt out lights surrounding the property, house and poolside
- Not even the very basics like salt and sugar in the kitchen
- Any request to have the House keeper cook a " Mauritius style meal" must be brokered with the owners for some kind of silly mark up embedded in the price - that includes buying all the food yourself including basic spices etc..
BTW - The " 5 short minutes walk to the beach" is false - there is no easy beach access unless you have a Rental Car - otherwise budget a 30 min stroll along a 2 lane road with the kiddies in tow.
Marie and Georgie the house keeper and gardener were genuine, hardworking and pleasant
Summary: Fork out for the all inclusive beachfront villas at the Lux LeMorne or Paradise Hotel and get yourself a real vacation.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|