“Kite surfing Le Morne....fantastic school with super instructors !”

Le Morne Kite School
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Le Morne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kite surfing for all Level's Beginner to Intermediate, Free Style/ Wave Ridding coaching. Teaching with Talkie-Walkie and Security Boat Stand Up Paddle lesson and rental Surf lesson and rental Kite shop in Le Morne and La Gaulette "Enjoy Your Ride"
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Having flown all the way from Perth,Australia my husband and 14 year old son just spent a week focussing on improving their skills in the lagoon at Le Morne.It is a perfect spot for beginners !! We had actually planned to go with another larger school but we were disappointed and let down with them.
On the positive reviews I had read of Le Morne Kite school on Trip Advisor I decided to ring Mario and it was the BEST decision !!! He organized for us to be picked up from our hotel the next morning as knew my son was upset as had missed a days kitesurfing the day before when bookings fell through with the other school . Mario himself is very friendly, highly informative,gives students full attention,flexible with lesson times,patient and an excellent communicator. I can highly recommend him.The other company wanted to charge us 10 EUR to transport us there and back from our hotel to the kite spot which is only about a 5 min drive away. Mario on the other hand picked us up and dropped us back happily as part of the service.
Even at times when Mario felt the winds were too strong for my husband who is a novice we never felt pressured and he was patient to even transport us down to the lagoon to makeup our own minds whether to go ahead or not! Always with a smile :))
We were happy to pay for semiprivate lessons for both my husband and son but after the first 2 hour lesson when Mario could see that my son only needed direction he then converted payment for future sessions as kite rental only for him which wa a pleasant surprise as I had booked for them both to have another 2 hr lesson together . Twice Mario would just ride and keep my son company in the lagoon and was happy to get the kite out a less busy spot for my son when the winds were strong .
Also the more lessons you do with Mario the hourly rate becomes significantly cheaper. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed if you make a decision take lessons with Mario,Kevin and his team.
I always think is so much easier to communicate with the instructor himself as kitesurfing is so weather and wind dependent.Mario kept us briefed regularly on Whats app on weather progress if the wind was too calm too strong. The other main kitesurfing school wanted us the 3 rd day we were there when the winds were gusting at 37 knots to meet at the lagoon for a lesson!!! That was crazy considering we had just been down there an hour before and could see the winds were too strong and were no kiters about!! As Mario said is one of the problems with a larger kite school is that the staff coordinating the lesson times are not the instructors taking the lessons.
I rarely write reviews but wanted to as we were throughly impressed with Mario and his team and I have no hesitation in recommending him his Le Morne kite school for kitesurfing lessons .

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Esther T
LMKS, Propriétaire at Le Morne Kite School, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi Esther,
We're already in 2017, but your comment is very important to my team and I !
We are glad you really enjoy every bit of your lesson taken with us.
Really look forward to see you back soon with us for a ride !
Thank you very much for the of time you took to write us your thoughts about the school which really helps us move forward in improving our teaching skills.

Hope you're riding well in Perth !
Mario ;)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I would 100% recommend having a freestyle lesson with Mario, great teacher and great communication. I'll defiantly be going back the next time I am in Mauritius. I also hired all my gear from them and was very impressed with the choice and condition.

LMKS, Owner at Le Morne Kite School, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I and the team say's a very BIG thanks to you for your comments.
We are glad you really enjoy every bit of your lesson taken with us.
We really look forward to see you back next year or very soon for those who are coming again this year. Thank you very much for the of time you took to write us your thought about the school which really help us to move forward in our teaching skills.

"Keep Tracking Your Progress"

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great school with great instructors, they take time for their students and give them full attention, plus they get you in the water at once. We did kite control exercises and body dragging in the very first lesson, and got boards in the second lesson already. My wife and me were able to get up and ride after 4 lessons already, and it was freaking awesome! Now we both got pretty much into this great sport, looking forward to the next kiteboarding holiday.
Water in the lagoon is flat all over, ideal for practice and nothing to be scared of. The school uses brand new North kites and boards, good quality. ​
Thank you Mario and Kevin, you guys gave us a great experience!

Hey Marc,
Thanks so much for your kind review about the school. We really appreciate you taking some of your time to lets us know about your thoughts on our team/services. Glad you liked kiting with our North kites ! Hope to you see soon to have a ride with us :)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I received several kite surfing lessons from Mario (LMKS). Mario was an excellent teacher. He was very patient, provided great advice and reliable. I highly recommend Mario and I would take lessons with him again.

Thanks so much for your kind review about the school. We really appreciate you taking some of your time to lets us know about your thoughts on our team/services. Hope to you see soon to have a ride with us :)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Mario is a very pleasant and reliable guy. During my beginners kitecourse, he always showed great commitment and a good portion of patience as well ;-) . In my opinion he had a very professional way of analyzing the problems and helping to solve them. We can definitely recommend this kite school.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Nils,
Thanks so much for your kind review about the school. We really appreciate you taking some of your time to lets us know about your thoughts on our team/services. Its always a pleasure to look back at your comments ! Hope to you see soon to have a ride with us. Keep tracking your progress :)