“Great Holiday at Lux”
Review of LUX Le Morne

LUX Le Morne
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Le Morne
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at LUX Le Morne last month. We had a nice stay. The hotel food was excellent. I have a sea food allergy and Mr Farhad the beach restaurant manager made sure I had an excellent meal every day and not simply giving me the vegetarian dish. Chef Daniel would go the extra mile by making me a bespoke dish which was always delicious. His beef salad was the best dish I have had on the island and it should be added to the menu for all guests to enjoy.

Many thanks you guys are a credit to the LUX brand! Also thanks to Cindy for recommending the fried ice cream!

One disappointment we had was one evening we went to thank the chef for our meal and the hotels head chef (drunk at a table with other Lux chef’s) the white bald man made some impolite and derogatory comments to us and the chef who had worked very hard on our meals. Quite an embarrassing situation with the hotels head chef insulting your guests and co-workers. Shame on you!

The hotel is in a lovely location, the beach is very nice and lots of pools and sunbeds around.
This hotel is commonly sold as a honeymooner’s hotel but in fact there are children and families and no area for adults only so sometimes peace and quiet can be hard to find.
We had a prestige suite which had a coffee machine and was very nice. The double sunbed outside our room was excellent and very relaxing. The room was just too dark. But in all an excellent hotel with great food and drinks.

Room Tip: Prestige suites have a lovely garden area with sunbed. Worth every penny!
3  Thank skyrim76
There are newer reviews for LUX Le Morne

Reviewed 10 March 2014

It has to be the best resort location combined with beautiful island and 'can do' people. 5 star and attention to detail was best experienced in my long travel life (35 yrs). We went there to get married and we were treated and spoiled beyond belief 5 star and help from Manie and Iqbal were especially appreciated. Colin & Luiza Moir

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Colin M
JeanPierre A, General Manager at LUX Le Morne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Colin and Luiza,

We are so pleased that your wedding at LUX Le Morne has been such a wonderful experience. It is indeed a very unique and important moment; we cannot imagine that it is less than beautiful.
Manie will be happy that you have honoured her of your compliments, same is Iqbal our chauffeur.

We hope we will have the pleasure to "spoil" you again in the future. In the meantime we wish you a very happy life together

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 9 March 2014

One of the best holidays ever! Great stay, extraordinary place to spend your leisure, I appreciate delicious food and beverages. We all enjoyed snorkelling and watersports, the beach and the pool awesome for children. Dolphin trip was amazing, too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Radovan Z

Dear RadovanZ,

Thank you so much for writing your review. It is short but so useful and goes straight to the point.
I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and I hope you will visit us again with your family

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We had a great time here, the hotel was wonderful and the employees very friendly. Perfect for honeymooners.

If you don't have an all-inklusive package, the food and drinks a very expensive.

A special thanks to Nicolas, who works at the Beachbar (?) in Lux Le Morne. With his friendly attitude and kindness he made our days even more better. @Nicolas: You do a great job, all the best from Manuel and Uschi :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StelliDiMare
JeanPierre A, General Manager at LUX Le Morne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear StelliDiMare,

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you had a great time here. Nicolas will be honoured by your comment, he certainly is a wonderful man.
Hope to welcoming you again
Best regards

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a fantastic holiday,definitely one of our best ever. This was our second visit and we noticed a huge improvement in the standards of service and food. The resident manager Rocco Bova is very hands on and always ready to help with any problem and this shows in the smooth running of the hotel and happiness of the guests. The Director Jean Pierre is also very eager to meet and talk to guests. The personal attention makes a stay at Lux Le Morne an exceptional and memorable experience. We love the theme of understated luxury, so relaxing..

The hotel is stunning with 3 gorgeous pools, fantastic white sandy beach, lovely garden, very spread out so you do not have to see much of the other guests if you do not want to.The rooms are spacious and smartly presented especially the bathroom/outside shower room. We recommend the Prestige Suite, especially one at the Oasis end of the Hotel(we had no94). The terrace was so pleasant for when we had had enough of the sun as it was very secluded and quiet. The rooms are all close to the amazing beach. The sunbeds are numerous, well spread out and very shady - grab a bean bag if you can and you will not want to move far. Take your own snorkelling gear because there are lots of fish to see off the beach and you cannot borrow gear except for the snorkelling trips. These are very good, free twice a day so are well worth doing as well. The view of the Indian Ocean and coral reef from all areas of the hotel, especially breakfast is unbeatable. The glorious backdrop of Le Morne is icing on the cake. The food is much improved from two years ago. We liked the Beach because that is where you are and the buffets for the variety. Ravi and Alain made sure we had any food we wanted if there was something we craved that was not on the menu. We loved the icecream bar.The staff were always extremely helpful and anything we needed was immediately provided. The housekeeping and service generally was faultless, which is unique in our experience.

The food and drink is expensive, We chose Half Board as we do not drink much and certainly did not need lunch with the size and quality of breakfast and dinner. If we fancied a snack we went to the little cafe at the side of the hotel, next to the Boat House which is run by the Hotel. It is simple but amazing value. We recommend you stock up on the very good value bottles of water from the hotel shop although two bottles of water are delivered to the room each day. If you do opt for HB you can buy wine at the airport which you can then drink on your terrace which we enjoyed very much.

We are planning our next trip, why go anywhere else, Lux le Morne has it all.

Room Tip: Prestige suite, no 94, we prefer the area near the Oasis pool as it is quieter
4  Thank siobhanmuskett
JeanPierre A, General Manager at LUX Le Morne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear siobhanmuskett,

Thank you so much for writing such a precise description of your experience at LUX Le Morne. Rocco and I thank you for your kind words, Thomas le Chef will be happy to read that his work is bearing fruit..
I need to congratulate you on your beautiful writing - hard to believe that you are not a famous travel writer ! What you say is the truth - but so nicely said.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I love attention to detail. And that is exactly what I felt during my recent stay at Lux Le Morne. I had been there before about one and a half years ago, and it is unusual to return to the same place for me. However LLM has so much to offer that the decision was made easy for me. It is the whole blend of different things that make this place so magic. The setting next to the Brabant mountain is spectacular. The beaches offer relaxation in a perfect setting. Strolling along the length of the beach through soft sand in the evenings one gets never tired of watching perfect sunsets. There is a huge buoyed area in the water and to me it became the most amazing saline swimming pool. As the current runs parallel to the beach it is a lovely challenge to swim up one way and then drift down lazily on the way back. I also went up the Brabant mountain with a guide and viewing everything from high up made me appreciate the location even more. I tried kite surfing and learned that Le Morne is one of the best spots to learn and I will be back for more! Cycling, hiking, exploring the island, all of it made me want to come back again. The beds and rooms are amazing, too, offering everything and making one feel at ease and comfortable.
I would also like to praise the team at Lux Le Morne. Big thanks to head chef Thomas and Sous chef Ravi and chef Vishal who made my stay a culinary experience I won't forget. Thank you, Joelle, the spa manager who made sure I would receive massages tailored to my needs and Ludovig, who would challenge me to 20' functional exercise routines in a wooden floored, cool and spacious gym. The pool staff always made sure I would try the home made ice-cream or have a coconut water after my swim- thanks guys. And thank you Rudy and the boathouse team. Swimming with dolphins is one of the most amazing things I have done. Thank you to Rovine, who makes the most amazing flat white coffees with special designs on the foam.
Thank you Rocco and Monsieur Auriol for another perfect stay at Lux Le Morne.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Gugu1_12
JeanPierre A, General Manager at LUX Le Morne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Gugu 1_12,

Thank you, thank you so much for writing such a detailed review. You have certainly experienced quite a lot during your stay: what a wonderful way to discover Mauritius and LUX Le Morne.
Your words to all of us are very kind and give us further motivation to give our guest the best services.

We hope to see you again soon

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just back from an all too short trip to LUX La Morne. Had I known how good this place was, it would have been for longer. Instant tranquility. caring staff and knockout location. Its especially worth splashing out on a 'Junior Suite Prestige' - didn't want to leave mine. The resort was almost full, but it never felt crowded. Would go back in an instant.

Room Tip: Junior Suite Prestige
7  Thank Andy W

Dear Andy,

Thank you so much for your review.
I am very happy to know that we will see you again - and this time we will give you the full experience.
You know there is a Jewel awaiting for you and your partner

All the best,

The St. Regis Mauritius Resort
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa

Been to LUX Le Morne? Share your experiences!