Our silver wedding anniversary, my 50th and our daughter's 21st to be celebrated. And belated graduation celebrations for our 23 year-old son too I suppose. We wanted somewhere really special, but with plenty to keep us occupied. Mauritius and Dinarobin in particular didn't disappoint. From the moment we arrived, the friendly service was faultless. The suites were terrific, the food from breakfast, through the beach bar and on to the main restaurants was perfect. Special mention for Il Gusto - definitely our favourite of all! Golf is brilliant, but the course is a tough test. We loved each time we played. (Don't bother making the trip up to Tamarina for golf though - it might be good when it has matured a bit, but at the moment it is a very unforgiving, unfinished and unsatisfactory course.) Tennis courts got plenty of use and were much appreciated. So too the well equipped gym. We also made good use of the terrific boathouse across at Paradis - we now have 2 very proficient wind-surfers in the family and 2 not so proficient laser sailors! Kayaks and pedalos also great fun.
We were there late June/early July, so winter time. Although Mauritius is apparently an all-year-round destination, you do get the impression that things slow down or even take a break through the winter. Not all the trips we had contemplated (swimming with dolphins for example) seemed to be available. But weather was fine almost every day and mid 20s is quite warm enough for us. The wind didn't stop blowing most of the time we were there, but apart from occasional inconvenience on the golf course, it doesn't really matter. But you do need to be up and going in good time soon after it gets light to make sure you use the hours of sunshine through to mid-afternoon. Not that getting motivated to go and eat Dinarobin's sumptuous breakfast is much of a problem!
What we didn't end up doing was as much exploration of Mauritius as we had intended. Although we had a car (truck actually and that's what you need) for 10 days, it takes interminable time to get anywhere, especially if you start from a remote corner like Le Morne. 2 hours across the island to Sea Kayak near Goodlands was a real trial. Port Louis is not much more than a smelly, belching bus-laden, traffic jam. Not much was flowering at the renowned botanical gardens. So we largely kept our exploring to the SW of the island - and we found plenty to admire and entertain us around the Chamarel area and Le Morne. But mostly we just loved being spoiled at Dinarobin!
Overall, Dinarobin creates a wonderfully serene, relaxing holiday environment. It worked as well for the energetic early 20s as it did for the slightly more circumspect 40 somethings! Service is faultless, everyone genuinely wants to help you enjoy your stay and somehow, just about every member of staff seems to recognise you and know your name within 24 hours of being there - how do they do that?! It's brilliant.
Go and stay at Dinarobin - you will love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The symbol of tropical elegance An elegant five-star resort in Mauritius, Dinarobin Hotel Golf & Spa is a haven of peace and tranquility - the ideal setting for your luxury holiday in Mauritius and the perfect sanctuary to renew your body and soul. Cascading pools dotted with islets bright with flowers, spacious wooden decks, terraces designed with sea views and tropical gardens planted with exotic trees make Dinarobin the symbol of tropical elegance in Mauritius. Located on the most scenic shoreline in Mauritius with the spectacular Le Morne mountain acting as a dramatic backdrop, Dinarobin offers an intimate village setting. The resort features luxurious all-suite accommodation that blends harmoniously into the lush tropical gardens. Dinarobin and Paradis, an adjacent Beachcomber resort of the same category, share facilities. Guests of Dinarobin have access to the 18-hole Par 72 golf course at Paradis and to eight inviting restaurants, four at each hotel. Dinarobin also offers a range of complimentary land and water sports and access to two additional championship golf courses in the vicinity. The Spa is without a doubt the most beautiful spa in Mauritius and the ideal place to relax and be pampered. The resort's fabulous setting is complemented by world-class service. The ever-attentive staff attends to your every whim in the restaurants, in your suite or on the beach as you relax in the shade under your straw parasol. For absolute indulgence during your holiday in Mauritius, choose Dinarobin, a resort that offers new standards in luxury, a place of calm and beauty that will soothe your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dinarobin Hotel Golf And Spa
- Dinarobin Hotel Golf Le Morne
- Dinarobin Hotel Le Morne
- Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne