My wife, our 8 years old kid and myself spent 7 nights in Paradis Hotel & Golf Club, from 13-21.10.2013, staying in Deluxe Room Beach Front number 127. it was my 2nd stay inside this hotel and I can say that it was a very good decision to come back ! This hotel, its location, its staff, all is very good and not much things to complain about, really !
We really enjoyed our walk all along the sandy beach, the possibility to enjoy the beautiful lagoon easily, by either renting a speed boat, a fisherman boat or a deep sea fishing boat as you can easily find them close to the beach.
Please note that you can also enjoy all facilities of Dinarobin Hotel, which has a less good beach, is very unpersonal and too big to our eyes. It was definitively the best decision to stay in Le Paradis and not in Dinarobin.
We made a lot of activites during our 7 days there, for example we fished 4 times inside the lagoon, thanks to our favorite fisherman, Captain Johnny. With him, you are sure to get many fishes. We also climbed on the famous rock lying on the lagoon, we went to Port-Louis for a shopping afternoon, we swam with dolphins and had a barbecue on Ile des Bénitiers (which actually became overcrowded by tourists and local sellers as everybody is going there now...), we tried snorkeling and went to Dinarobin to see the beach which is really not attractive and not nice to swim, due to stones and corals all along it...
So, to resume our stay, let's say that :
Positive points :
1) Great quality of service.
2) Very large bathroom in Deluxe Room Beach Front.
3) Food was varied and very good.
4) Best location out of all hotels in Le Morne area.
5) Best Lagoon.
Points to be improved :
1) More and more locals are coming to tourists to try to sell their things, which nobody wants ! It is really disturbing if you are looking for quiet, relaxation and peace. Hotel is not doing anything against it !
2) Restaurants were almost full or at least you had this feeling every night, but occupancy rate was only 49%...
3) Excursion on Ile aux Bénitiers is not that nice, too much tourists are there also and you don't get this privacy feeling of living something exceptional, and no toilets on the island...
4) Expect more clouds than in other parts of Mauritius Island, as cloud are gathering very fast around Le Morne mountain, particularly from the afternoon !
Well, that's it ! We really enjoyed fully our stay in Le Paradis and will definitively come back once more. Great place, great times. So, see you there one day maybe ;-).
I will soon add some photos and some videos of this hotel and of our stay, for you to clearly see what I'm talking about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate leisure resort in Mauritius! If you are looking for outstanding luxury family holidays in Mauritius, look no further than Paradis Hotel & Golf Club. One of the finest luxury hotels in Mauritius, Paradis enjoys a superb location on the island's south-western tip. Situated on Le Morne peninsula, the resort is set against the backdrop of the iconic Le Morne mountain and edges onto one of the most scenic shorelines on the island.The greatest leisure resort in Mauritius, Paradis offers superb accommodation in rooms, suites or villas fringed by a pure white sand beach and the island's largest lagoon. Le Paradis is adjacent to Dinarobin, a neighbouring Beachcomber hotel of the same category. Both resorts share their facilities and create undeniably, one of the island's greatest attractions in terms of quality and variety. A stay at Paradis heralds a fantastic culinary journey as the resort has four restaurants to choose from. The hotel is not only perfect for leisure seekers, but also for families travelling with children. A true sporting paradise in Mauritius, Paradis offers an extensive choice of complimentary land and water sports plus the opportunity to play on three championship golf courses in the vicinity including its very own 18-hole international golf course. The hotel also has a golf academy welcoming beginners and seasoned golfers alike and a Spa which provides the perfect setting to soothe the body and mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradis Hotel And Golf Club
- Paradis Hotel Le Morne
- Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne