The location is fantastic. If you are looking for a hotel that sits on the beach surrounded by calm water from a natural lagoon and on the side of the island that has the most spectacular sunsets then this is the place for you.
We found most staff very friendly and when we complained about fumes from the room below where staff were repolishing outdoor furniture they were on to it in 5 minutes, moving the work to another area away from guest rooms.
I recommend booking both the beach front deluxe rooms together with half board as you have 8 restuarants to choose from for dinner including restaurants in the adjacent Beachcomber property Dinarobin. You can get to the Dinarobin easily by golf buggy from reception. We enjoyed all the restaurants...for great views of the ocean Blue Marlin is good and we also enjoyed Il Gusto in the Dinarobin. The main buffet resturant has all the menus in the foyer including the set menus if you are on half board and I recommend checking these out mid morning and booking ahead.
I was a little dissapointed with the day spa. I visited the spa to make a booking, the staff seemed confused about what time they could offer me. They also had a special deal where you have 3 treatments and get 20% off but be warned if you book this as you do not have the full choice of Clarins branded treatments that you will find in the spa menu in your room. This resulted in 20 minutes of 'discussion' prior to my treatment which was not the stress free experience I was hoping for. Make sure you ask which treatments you can have with this special offer before selecting from the menu as even though it is a branded Clarins Spa the special offers do not generally cover the Clarins body scrubs or massages.
The beach front does have hawkers selling stuff but they don't hassle you and just move on when you give them a polite no.
BE AWARE...the coastal road to Paradis is closed due to rockfall, this is not an issue at all as transport can either take you through the mountains or through the interior of the island but be warned when using the taxi service as they will ask for a supplementary fee because of the alternate route which is just a money grab as the transport time is the same. The hotel organised our pickup at the airport using White Sands tours and they were great. The road will probably be closed for 6 months so I recommend organsing your airport transfers ahead of time and the hotel is happy to assist.
All in all this was a lovely stay and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate leisure resort in Mauritius! If you are looking for outstanding luxury family holidays in Mauritius, look no further than Paradis Hotel & Golf Club. One of the finest luxury hotels in Mauritius, Paradis enjoys a superb location on the island's south-western tip. Situated on Le Morne peninsula, the resort is set against the backdrop of the iconic Le Morne mountain and edges onto one of the most scenic shorelines on the island.The greatest leisure resort in Mauritius, Paradis offers superb accommodation in rooms, suites or villas fringed by a pure white sand beach and the island's largest lagoon. Le Paradis is adjacent to Dinarobin, a neighbouring Beachcomber hotel of the same category. Both resorts share their facilities and create undeniably, one of the island's greatest attractions in terms of quality and variety. A stay at Paradis heralds a fantastic culinary journey as the resort has four restaurants to choose from. The hotel is not only perfect for leisure seekers, but also for families travelling with children. A true sporting paradise in Mauritius, Paradis offers an extensive choice of complimentary land and water sports plus the opportunity to play on three championship golf courses in the vicinity including its very own 18-hole international golf course. The hotel also has a golf academy welcoming beginners and seasoned golfers alike and a Spa which provides the perfect setting to soothe the body and mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradis Hotel And Golf Club
- Paradis Hotel Le Morne
- Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne