“Best Italian food in Mauritius”

1974, da Antonio e Giulia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: SPECIALITIES: fresh seafood and fish from Mauritius ocean, traditional italian dishes and original "made in Italy" products prepared by an italian long experienced chef.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We love the idea of having a surprise every time that we are going, since the menu changes to offer you the freshest Products, unexpected but really tasteful dishes. You don't need to think about what you are gonna have, Antonio will do it for you. And you can be sure, it wil be a wonderful surprise for your tongue: from starters till desserts. All are home made.
And we feel always really welcomed there. Antonio and Julia great personally all the customers.
We just love going there. Its our best restaurant in the island. We go there many times a month and Antonio finds always something different to suggest us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Very nice restaurant great food but I must say that they don't have a menu and it is small they should have a bigger property.they are always full

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Brilliant food and service! We have eaten at most of the good restaurants in the north and have to say that 1974 is by far the best . It's a great location, we sat on the verandah, Guilia was charming and the food delicious. The menu is small but you certainly have enough choice and they are very incredibly helpful with selections. We didn't find it pricey given that we have been to many other restaurants charging similar prices for very average food. All the pasta is home made and the sauces are seasonal and could not be fresher. Our friends had the beef fillet which was cooked beautifully and apparently tasted wonderful. I had a home made ribbon pasta with fresh porcini and pancetta sauce. Yum.
If you like " chain food Italian " then you won't like this.

We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Yes, yes, yes - it's good. Very good. Not cheap but the food is so delicious, you won't regret it. No menu - but detailed explanation of choices. We had amazing appetizers - almost as pricey as the main courses but DON'T skip these starters - I'm terrible remembering what things are called, (my foodie relatives made the selection) so don't be put off by my unappetizing descriptions - we had some sort of fried cheese puffs, a salad with fish, fish balls in tomato sauce - All of them were Fantastic! For lunch, I had the dorado cannelloni in tomato sauce - I can't remember what everyone else at the table had because I was in a heavenly stupor. The tomato sauce alone would make anything taste good, but added to the light fresh fish filled cannelloni - what can I say, I'm still dreaming about it. I know someone at the table had the fish filet, but that's all I remember. We were all raving about our meals. Just go and see for yourself. BTW, it's across the street from the beach in front of a play area so my 5 year old twins were happy playing in view while we ate. We're definitely going back.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am very glad we went to this restaurant early on in our holiday as we returned many times. The food is incredible, and the chef and his wife are so friendly and helpful.

Honestly some of the best food I have eaten in my life. Fish, Mussels, in fact everything we ate was out of this world!

12/10