Le Sakoa Hotel(Trou aux Biches)
US$208
US$171
US$225
US$214
Coral Azur Beach Resort(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$75
Agoda.com
  • Spa
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$214
Orbitz.com
Le Grand Bleu Hotel(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$76
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$368
US$319
Priceline
Le Palmiste Resort & Spa(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$97
Be Cosy Apart Hotel(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
US$160
Agoda.com
US$354
Hotels.com
1,401 results
All reviewsself serviceacross the roadall inclusive packageall inclusive drinkssmall roadtea and coffeeglass bottom boatgrand baiecurrymini barboat housean indianfiltered waterhoneymoon stayindian guestssuperior roombeach towels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having just arrived home from a 10 day stay at the Casuarina, i’d like to thank there excellent staff team for helping to make our stay a memorable and comfortable one. Nothing was too much trouble and if we had an issue, there management team were happy to listen and respond in a positive friendly manner. Particular mention to Cihon who made sure that our drinks were just how we liked them, Leenah who kept our room clean and comfortable and Ashley and the management team who listened to suggestions on how to improve service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toonarm
RajeshButon, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Toonarm,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and that we were able to meet your expections.

Looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you, once again, at a future date.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel, although only a 3*, is friendly and the manager will try to resolve any issues that you may have. The rooms, which need updating especially the bathrooms, are in sections away from the main building. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. Wifi is only accessible in common areas but can be paid for additionally in an upgraded room. The food is buffet style. All in all, quite pleasant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Punky28,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay as a whole. We have taken good note of your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. We have already started some renovation works and we will be implementing some upgrades to the property within the next few months.

Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Me and Shakey recently returned from here
Suraj and his crew behind the bar worked well and looked after us
Food excellent other than the chicken sausages for breakfast which was awful

Had some great dancing experiences both to the left and right

Would go again

Cheers

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
RajeshButon, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Neil P,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay as a whole and that you intend to come back in the future.

We are sorry to learn that you found the chicken sausages awful. We did not have any issues up till now with this food item and have escalated your comment to the team concerned.

Cordially yours

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

First of all don’t open the pictures below from room 128 today if you’re a Eating ! I’ll get to these later . I have posted them not because I’m spiteful but because the management do not seem to take TripAdvisor reviewers seriously about the hygienic issues at this hotel .

Good points:

Some of the older more experienced staff members in the restaurant and bar are very friendly and consistent. There is one super nice and helpful young lady with long dark hair reception.

There was a very nice tuna curry one day for lunch and a nice marlin la doube (local stew).

Bad points:

Getting insulted by the bar staff for my 5 day stay.
There were a couple of younger bar staff who kept making fun of me and thinking it was funny. I’m half Mauritian and understand creole pretty well but speak in my native English (perhaps they didn’t realize). A number of the bar staff continuously make very rude, underhand comments to each other in Creole about guests in open earshot, completely unacceptable .
On 2 or 3 occasions I was directly insulted by staff , the first time by a younger manager on my first day and then by other members of staff who found it funny to shout things like "hey , how many of these are for you drinking today" across the bar lounge area when delivering bags of wine to the restaurant (I was all inclusive and don’t like beer which apparently maybe funny to them, I didn’t get the joke). This was a consistent theme which created an atmosphere very quickly and made me not want to visit the bar area at all .
To say this is a lack of training like a number of the reviews here wasn’t strong enough for me I feel. And it’s not a language issue (English is one of the official languages in Mauritius). Paying guests come on holiday to feel respected, not to be made fun of (at best this is awkward)/insulted by staff.

Back to the pictures - My room was disgusting for the entire stay , please see photos of what I can only assume is not chocolate cake around the toilet dispenser, and red and transparent (let’s not go there) liquid stains on the bed linen. This was never picked up by staff during my 5 day stay and proves that standards are wild and rooms are not properly inspected if inspected at all at change over. I didn’t use a pillow during my stay because they smelled so badly of pure filth and sweat. My Dad (staying next door asked a cleaning lady to change them , she didn’t but did unhelpfully confirm that they are like sponges for peoples sweat). linen like other reviews was damp for the entire stay , the pond outside kept me awake (other recurring themes) and the walls and doors had stains and marks just about everywhere.

I reported these things in detail within the feedback form upon check out , the reception staff didn’t read it or say sorry , the house keeping manager who did read it and came back to the room quickly to sort it didn’t say sorry either, even when I confronted him about the probable poo on the walls and stained stinking pillows (he just looked sheepish and said yes it’s not good as he was fixing the patio doors which I hadn’t noted weren’t even fixed to the wall on one side.

Terrible complaints handling , unthinkably disgusting room and (some) rude staff members. Not my idea of paradise you have massive issues to address .

I can’t believe and am not suggesting this place is all bad looking at other reviews , but my experience together with plenty of others confirm Its a lottery. Good luck if you take a chance on staying here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lukash B
RajeshButon, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Lukash B,

Thank you for your review of our property.

We would like to point out that your comments are subjective and are based on your own perception.

Our hotel is audited by an international society (SGS) and fully complies with all international norms of hygiene and standard of services.

We appreciate the good points.

As for the bad points, please note that:-

- Bar Staff - You were always accompanied by your father at the Bar. Never, at any time, did you express your dissatisfaction about the behaviour of our staff who are well trained and highly professional. For your information, today the local is vital in our market mix. All our guests are treated and welcomed in the same way, whatever be their nationalities.
At Casuarina, as you will gather from other reviews, our staff is our asset and this is really the first time that we come across such negative comments. Over and above, we have our academy which provides continuous training, whether on-the-job or off-site.

- Accommodation - All our rooms are cleaned up every day and are up to standards.Our Operations Manager as well as our Executive Housekeeper have met your father who is still at the hotel and he is very happy and enjoying his stay with us.

Regards

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice & cosy.The room is awesome and comfortable. My family and I, had a wonderful moment there. Also, the hotel give you some aquatic facilities like glassbottom boat,kayak free of charges. Best of all is that I have a baby and requested for a late checkout which the admin/reception haven't hesitated to grant same to me free of charge which was very convenient for my family. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Deeksha, Shika, Aneksha, Reeya, Hena and Ayushi. Will definitely come again and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin V
RajeshButon, General Manager at Casuarina Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Kevin V,

Thank you for choosing our resort and for taking some time to write a review.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay as a whole and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Cordially yours