We spent a week in the resort during mid-December. The reason we chose this hotel was because of the time of the year, this side of the island is more sheltered from the winds, and the fact that the hotel is fronting the best stretch of beach on the island, based on my research online.
The hotel did not disappoint in terms of the beach & setting. The junior suite are spacious, but could be better decorated at this price bracket? The large, well-designed bathroom did compensate for the bedroom as the latter was quite bland, & it was nice that the evening turn down service ensured the bathroom was dry & sand-free by the time we were back from dinner.
The restaurants are one of my favourite parts of the hotel. The Thai, Indian ones are particularly good. I'm normally not keen on Indian food, but since trying the curry there I've changed my mind. The staff at the restaurant couldn't do more for us, and we enjoyed learning to play the santoor from Rajesh, who is a very accomplished performer.
In my opinion, if you want to stay where the beach & restaurants are excellent, the Beachcomber is not a bad choice on the west side of this island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius