We stayed in a room with private splash pool on the ground floor. The room was much nicer, larger and more impressive, than the photos portrayed on the official website. With a fabulous outdoor shower, beautiful décor, huge room with king size bed and sliding doors leading onto our private wooden deck with splash pool, it was really much more than we expected. The room is just a few steps away from a beautiful white sandy beach which stretches the entire length of the resort. Water sport options were abundant and freely available to guests. All equipment was of high standard and the staff all professional and most helpful.
We had the option of eating in all 6 of the on site restaurants even though we were on a "full board" option. The food was delicious and the wines included in the full board option, were not the usual average house wines, but the same excellent wines available on the wine list. The staff were great and so friendly. We enjoyed using the large and modern gym facilities every morning and our room was cleaned perfectly every day. The gardens and grounds were also kept neat and pristine. Even the beach gets a "brush" and cleaned every morning.
Although the hotel was only about 40% full, there was some form of musical entertainment every night at the main bar and/or in La Caravelle bar/restaurant. The group, Diamond 4, was especially good and we enjoyed dancing to their great music. The buildings were most impressive, surrounded by water and palm trees, with no walls, open to nature with thatch roofs very much like in Bali. One can clearly see where the billion rand upgrade was spent.
We truly enjoyed our stay and it was well worth the expense. The only area I felt they should improve on is breakfast - I know catering for hundreds of guests is limiting and difficult, but the quality of the food was not great. Some mornings all the fruit platters were empty and the 2 chefs could not keep up with replenishing, preparing fruit and doing egg orders. The streaky bacon was dry, over cooked and in tattered pieces. The mini sausages were also dry and over cooked. Besides this, the food served for lunches and dinners was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius