This hotel was the final leg of our honeymoon. The hotel is beautiful with a large infinity pool overlooking the sea, smaller pools around the hotel complex a number of different restaurants and beautiful white sandy beaches. The downside for this hotel I think is it is too big, the smaller pools were not cleaned (having bird droppings and animals in the pool), there was no staff providing free water (I have never been to a 5* hotel in a hot country where water is not offered throughout the day), there were hawkers on the beach all day meaning you got no peace and then speed boats every other minute. We had a couples massage at the spa which was excellent. The staff where incredibly friendly and the massage was very good, the spa area is beautifully maintained. The reception staff where helpful and always had a smile. The restaurant staff however where horrendous, I have never had such rude service! None of them smiled, said please, thank you, (even after I made a conscious effort to say thank you as often as I could) generally when taking our order the would come and stand next to us, and just say ‘yes’ without looking up! The prices were also astronomical, as there were no other restaurants near us outside of the resort we had little choose but to eat here. It was a shame as it put a damper on the end of our honeymoon. This hotel is more suited to families rather than couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius