“Great lunch - well worth the drive”

Green Island Beach Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Last week we drove from Grand Bay to have lunch at Green Island having had a great meal there last year. We struggled to find the restaurant from memory but we were glad we did.
The very friendly staff offered the catch of the day, Caitaine cooked whole and served with salad. It sounded great but we settled for Dorado fillet, beautifully cooked, full of flavour and with a fresh salad. An absolutely lovely meal, well worth the drive.

1  Thank Ashley K

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Excellent welcome. Good fun. Good food with a fun atmosphere anf the host Giovani will make you feel at home.

2  Thank Poussichat
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed in trou d'eau Douce two weeks ago and went for lunch to Green Island after reading good reviews of the restaurant. I ordered the crispy prawns, unfortunately I could not eat the meal as the batter was very thick and stodgy, and there was only a tiny little bit of very tough prawn in the middle.
I was not offered an alternative or asked what was wrong with the meal. I was very disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Edna S
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Went to the GIBR on Tripadvisor recommendation and was not disappointed. On booking they said they would pick us up and return us, the chef came out to tell us what was on, atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Our party had dishes of Lobster, Chicken curry, steak and Giant prawns all excellent, when I got my Crab Soup the wife ordered 3 more spoons for the party! Afterwards we were given a lift home, all in the price. Staff were very attentive even thought they had a party of 15 in. Went back two nights later and was just as good!

1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was there with my italian friends , the restaurant is very clean the food was very very good the price is good and the owner of green island restaurant and his team is very friendly

1  Thank vicky1234663