Make my trip actually almost ruined my trip to Mauritius. I guess their business model is focused on single time customers only, because I will never recommend Make-my-trip to anyone.
The sales person pushed me to book Le Surcouf hotel & spa, gave us free 30-mins massage but to our surprise, there is no SPA there at all. I call it cheating. Why should the name be SPA when there is none? The hotel management lacks courtesy. Hotel beach is so dirty, hotel rooms have faulty a/cs, faulty lights, faulty door locks, & the worst of all, hotel guys are not even available to help or at the minimum show interest to listen to problems. I had cockroaches & a lizard in my room & no one bothered the complaint.
Another couple with us had terrible time when hotel cancelled their candle light dinner & did not even take a responsibility to inform about the cancellation. GM of hotel arrogantly denied to take a complaint.
Snorkeling was supposed to be a free activity, even printed on the hotel brochure but they were charging exorbitantly high for this activity. Boat house will close at 4:00pm when you really are back to hotel & wana enjoy.
Food was literally worst, except for breakfast when some omelette & fruits saved us.
Also to mention, rats & birds used to be a frequent visitors in the restaurant & kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Description: A fully renovated picturesque, cottage-style 3-star hotel complex. Set in atropical garden on the beachfront and composed of 54 rooms, 1 suite, a bar, a spa and arestaurant with sea view around a swimming pool.Location: On the East coast of Mauritius not far from Ile aux Cerfs, 50 km from the capitalcity of Port- Louis. Situated only 40 km from the airport the transfer time is estimated only1½ hours drive from the airport.Accommodation: The hotel consists of 1 luxury suite and 54 rooms (27 on the ground floorand 27 on the first floor).• 1 luxury suite of 75m² with a large bedroom, an additional single bed and attachedbathroom with shower, 1 living room with sofa, a coffee corner and a large terrace overlookingthe beach. The suite is beautifully furnished with individual adjustable air conditioners, atelephone and a flat screen TV.• 29 classic rooms – 9 with twin beds (24 m²) and 19 with double beds (33m²). Six of theclassic rooms are interconnecting and can accommodate 4 adults and 2 teenagers agedbelow 15.• 15 superior rooms (38 m²) – which can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child aged below 12.• 10 deluxe rooms (54 m²) – ideal for a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers aged below 15.Six of the deluxe rooms are interconnecting and can accommodate a maximum of 4 adultsand 2 teenagers aged below 15.All the rooms have either a personal terrace or balcony with sea view. They are beautifullyfurnished and equipped with individual air conditioners, bathroom with shower, telephoneand flat screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Surcouf Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Surcouf Village Resort
- Le Surcouf Hotel & Spa Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce