Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
US$612
US$492
Doubletree
Very Good 4/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,168 results
All reviewsbuggy serviceour honeymoonhilltop villaoutdoor showerzez restaurantplunge poolpetite ansebuggy driverssushikids clubbeach serviceday bedwhite sandincredible viewsbeach barocean viewthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I did stay in the hotel for 3 nights and I was very well impressed with the room and overall structure of the hotel and how beautiful the beach was.

The service was very good in all areas with the exception of housekeeping and spa. As I notified the hotel staff the organization of the housekeeping needs a big adjustment. During the first 2 days I left the room before 9am and came back around 2pm and the room was not done yet - that is definetelly a serious problem for a Four Seasons. The staff was very responsive to the feedback and said they would work on improvements. If the hotel recommends the hosekeeping time to be scheduled an email should have been sent before the check-in, advising its guests... very disapointing...

I couldn't enjoy the SPA because they were 'always fully booked'.... the recepcionist was not prepared to propose options or to return in case of any cancelation.... But for me, it is hard to believe a hotel that was not full hadn't any spot for a massage.... If a pre-booking is required, the hotel should have sent an email before checking-in.

The room (villa) was very big and impressivelly well maintained!! I don't agree with another review which said that it is difficult to get from the room to the public areas - you just need to call for a 'buggy' and they will come very fast!! The transfer was always private and very well organized!

The food at all restaurants and breakfast was very good at a decent price. Beach / Poll service (food and beverage) was a little bit slow and it was hard to find a staff member when needed... Diving and water sport centers were great!!

The hotel design and decoration were impressive and the buildings are very well integrated to the forest / mountains. The hotel has gorgeous views and the beach is one of the bests I have ever been, and probably the beat in Mahè!

Well done, noting the required improvents in housekeeping and spa organization!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TravelCoachOriginal
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Joao129

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We read every single one, and always give the feedback to the team here, as we strive for excellence in everything we do.

I'm sorry that you had some issues with the timing of your housekeeping service. I hope we were able to improve matters after your call. If you have any further feedback which you would like to discuss, please drop me an email at alex.porteous@fourseasons.com. I'm sorry we weren't able to find a suitable appointment time in the Spa. Unfortunately it must have been a busy time. It's very unusual not to be able to find a slot, but we do encourage booking as far ahead in time as is possible, to avoid disappointment.

Thank you for the kind words about the villa, restaurants and beach. We hope we can welcome you back to Seychelles in future. Please get in touch and I will ensure that we get you booked into our stunning Spa this time.

With warm personal regards

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We are big fans of the Maldives but wanted to see the Seychelles as well for comparison.
The Four Seasons is a great hotel - we stayed in a hilltop villa and the accommodation is in the top 5 of all places we have ever stayed in. Service was good, but not outstanding. Breakfast was OK, but could be improved. The beach is lovely, but the beach service was a bit hit and miss.
Overall, the Seychelles (we stayed at the Raffles in Praslin as well) are considerably more expensive than the Maldives, and I don't understand why. Snorkelling is miles away from what the Maldives have to offer, and you usually have to go to the decent reefs by boat. So we won't be back to the Seychelles full stop - just returned from Baros and Anantarah Kihavah in the Maldives and there is no comparison!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurumba77

Dear Kurumba77,

Thank you for your kind review of the Resort. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in the villa. Whilst we do have great snorkeling and diving, with the spectacular underwater landscape and crystal clear water enhanced by the huge granite boulders, some people do prefer the Maldives. There are many more activities available in Seychelles, with a lot to explore on land, that isn't available there. You are clearly a "water baby" so Maldives is your dream destination. Be sure to visit our two beautiful resorts there!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I just completed a recent stay at the Four Seasons. The staff were extremely rude, especially those on the beach and the price compared to what you get is certainly not worth it at all.

It rains all the time and the bay although beautiful was full of stinging jellyfish. Throughout the area there are ravenous mosquitoes which will eat you up.

The rooms are quite a distance from the beach and restaurant and you have to be an Olympic mountain climber to go back and forth!

If you have to come to Mahe, I would certainly say stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
20  Thank sb5000
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear sb5000,

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your time in Seychelles. I understand that the bad weather you experienced may have marred your experience slightly. I know that it is not any consolation, yet I can assure you that it was raining across Mahe island, not just the south west part of the island and the weather now is absolutely fabulous and back to its usual sun shine.

I'm a little surprised by your comments regarding jellyfish and mosquitoes. I don't recall any reports from either guests or staff regarding any problems recently. We always fly the purple marine flag at the beach to advise against swimming on the rare occasion that there are any jellyfish, as we want to protect our guests from this inconvenience. We also fog the resort regularly to reduce the risk of mosquito bites. Unfortunately we can't eradicate the mosquitoes entirely (we are in the Tropics, after all), so we provide natural and organic mosquito lotion around the resort, and mosquito coils in the villas.

I do believe that we provide ample numbers of golf buggies around the Resort dropping guests to and from villas, restaurants, spa and beach. Some people do enjoy the exercise, but those who don't won't normally have to wait more than 5 minutes to be picked up. However being on a hilltop and the side of the mountain does also have the adventure of spectacular views and sunsets, so there is a trade off sometimes.

As it relates to "five star rudeness" I am very concerned by your evaluation of the staff here. I don't often receive negative feedback about the team and especially not the beach, but if I did it would not be about rudeness. If you have any specific feedback that you feel could be resolved then pleases drop me an email to alex.porteous@fourseasons.com and I will personally discuss with our team, I assure you of that.

Assuring you of my utmost attention to your review.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

After going to Mauritius every year, we decided to try Seychelles. What a wonderful surprise. Even more magical and beautiful and still un-spoilt. The forests and greenery of this island is magnificent and the beach at the Four Seasons Resort was of the best we have experienced. The Four Seasons Resort is top notch. The service is excellent. The Kids Club was not as good as we have experienced in other resorts, a little too boring. My son though, loved the Scuba Diving School and went scuba diving every day. You do no need to go on a snorkeling excursion, as the coral at the hotel beach is fantastic. We easily saw 12 different fish species. Seychelles is pricier than Mauritius and the hotel did not include dinner in its rate. So be careful when going for dinner as it can easily cost USD300.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids per meal, without alcohol. We found two local restaurants near our hotel which were great and more economical.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two queen bedded Ocean View Villa. The room is very large with a little study table and lounge. Each villa has a beautiful pool and deck area. Total privacy and stunning views of the ocean and forest. My kids loved the huge Fruit Bats that swooped by us to eat the fruit off the trees. The higher the villas the better the views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Harriet S
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Harriet S,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review. It is really great to hear how much you and your family enjoyed their stay.

Perhaps you son was a little old for the Kids Club, but I'm glad he explored scuba diving instead. What a fantastic experience for him! We have a new Explorers programme of activities for teens, which I'm sure will be great for him if you are able to come back and visit us again. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Probably one of the best hotels I have ever been to. Great location, great service, very nice people and completely stunning view. The villas are wonderful, very private you feel like you're in heaven. The spa is a must do, the restaurants are fantastic and the staff is amazing. Will definitely go back there! Such great memories.

Room Tip: Villas on top are the best. Gives you the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amina25

Dear Amina25,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Resort. I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. I hope you will return to us soon for another visit to beautiful Seychelles.