“awesome place!”

Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful and awesome place for total relaxation!
hotel accommodation includes individual and comfortable villas with lovely views!
possible movement of the hotel is basically just buggy as villas are located on the rocks in lush!
In the hotel is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island with amazing white coral sand!
excellent and attentive staff makes your every wish!
beautiful spa on the top cliff with stunning views of the ocean! facial treatment performed Elirose memorable!
great fitness area on the beach! open 24 hours a day!
Thanks to everyone who made our holiday tale! favorite place in which more than once will be back!
Special thanks to Victoria and Laura!)))
We love that place!!!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Dzhavad M
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Dzhavad M,

Thank you so much for your review. Elirose, Laura and Victoria send their very best wishes to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future to our beautiful Resort.

Alex Porteous

Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was my first reaction when I saw this hotel with little cottages spread across the beautiful mountain range across from sea with pure white sand beach. We actually did not stay at this hotel but to one which is very next to it Kempinski. Comparing both would not not right since the price difference between the two is too much. Four seasons is Luxury who can afford. We took a tour of this facility and they showed us the Royal Villa bundled with best if class luxury, infinity pool, Bose systems and other things. It goes as high as 4000 Euros per night !!!
Staff was very inviting and made sure we get our little tour on time and with great comfort.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gl0betr0ttersIN,

Thank you so much for your "spacey" review of our Resort! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Resort. Rest assured, we do have plenty of lower-priced categories of villa than the Royal Suite. I hope you can join us for a stay in the Seychelles again in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I visited the Four Seasons Resort in Mahe Island Seychelles with my husband for our honeymoon. From start to finish it was the most amazing hotel and paradise island. You are greeted with a cold drink and flannel with a special welcome personally from the manager. We were taken via buggy to our beautiful villa. Spectacular accommodation, overlooking the blue sea and white sand, a big terrace with outdoor bed, shower and infinity pool, the room on the inside was very spacious large bed, living space, TV, dressing area and plenty of closet space. On arrival to the room there was a small cake and bottle of champagne to welcome us and each day the housekeeping left us a small treat. The room is made up twice a day and requests for this to be done later in the day are welcome. Depending on your room, you are very much reliant on buggies to get round the resort, these are readily available, safe and can be requested from your room. The beach is small but not busy, very beautiful, clean with loungers available and staff would go round with water and occasional snacks and will bring drinks to you from the bar. There was also a small area with the many resident turtles near the swimming pool. Swimming pool was large, quiet with large loungers and bar, good place to relax. We used the spa, great service very attentive. I would recommend a visit even if not using the facilities as the view is amazing. Breakfast was of a high standard and the chef is always willing to oblige for any special requests. Dinner was always very good a lot of variety with different themes nights but pricey. We had the dinner on the beach, very romantic and private, personal waiter, food selection is limited but a lovely idea. There was always evening entertainment including singers and creole dancers to get a feel of the culture of the island. The reception staff are very good and try to cater to your needs and are happy to arrange taxis to see the island, we spent half a day touring the island and visited the capital Victoria, great to see more of this island and Victoria had plenty of tourist stalls if you're after some gifts to take home. It was the most perfect holiday, beautiful island, would definitely return, pure luxury and seclusion.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 11_S_11

Dear S R,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our beautiful resort and wonderful team.

I hope you will be able to return one day to enjoy some more "pure luxury and perfection."

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We visited this hotel recently 19 years after we had part of our honeymoon on Mahe.
Very hard to find anything to criticise, wonderful rooms, brilliant staff and food and drink better than anything we've had for a while.
Would recommend a visit to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TandCP,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad you found Seychelles as magical as your visit 19 years ago. Please come and see us again in this little piece of Paradise again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've recently stayed at the Four Seasons with a group of friends. It was a short stay so I cannot comment on the spa but I'd like to provide some info that maybe useful to others.
Rooms/villas: these are meant to be the best and biggest of any FS. My hilltop villa was certainly amazing. And I had the most incredible view (v romantic). I understand that they are constantly making sure that they feel like new. And that was my impression.
Restaurants: I tried the beach bar and the rest at the beach. Both were OK but nothing special.. The beach restaurant could provide some more local food (or better, refined local food to soothe globe trotter tastes) or come up with their own Indian/Seychelles fusion. I had a local octopus curry and it was edible but not nice.The beach bar was v. average. The other 2 restaurants were so-so too, especially the Japanese.
Beach: there is only one beach. And there are quite a few rocks underwarter. It is postcard nice. But I guess after a few days I can feel v repetitive to be in the same place and to see lots of people. And I will not recommend snorkeling as a must visibility is not good and there is not much to see.
Kids Club: I did not take my daughter this time but went to check it and I was very very impressed by the range of activities and the enthusiasm of the staff working there. The kids seemed to be having a blast.
Transport: my husband did not like the buggy rides. After a while I guess it can be tiresome, specially as you do not have your own but depend on them sending them. I witness 2 arguments about who's buggy it was.
Staff: The reception staff could do with more training. The 2 I had to deal with were clueless. On arrival the lady took all my cards details and serve me a bill when I checked in because they had messed up with my pre-paid stay. At check-out was the same discussion. This was certainly not the usual FS standard.
Bottom line: Would I go back? Yes probably as connections force you to stay overnight on the Seychelles. But I will not be staying for long.
I have been in many Four Seasons. And what I think is missing is a a touch of local color. This could be Punta Mita (except that there the food is great), or Costa Rica (again more charm). If you are there for a few days you may not even realize that you are in the Seychelles. And that's a pity.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank miss_saigonlondon

Dear miss_saigonlondon,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful villas. I hope you can visit again with you family. Try to arrange your next stay to be here on a Saturday so you don't miss our fantastic Creole Night!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Recently stayed here and the resort is stunning. The beach, rooms and decor is fabulous. The service is excellent, although the meals could be a little better. For example ,my wife likes her steak medium rare and after requesting this , they actually brought a steak that was blue . On sending this back it came back rare and to make matters worse the actual potatoes that accompanied the steak came back actually still frozen. So this isn't what one expects from a Four Seasons. The F&B manager apologised and was very polite and a colleague of his also approached us the next day and apologised as well. Whilst we were staying at the resort, the TV wasn't working one evening ( due to the local provider) and they were highly apologetic and did it in a very professional manner . Overall an excellent stay and the way they deal with issues is commendable, although the F&B definitely needs addressing .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear pasboy,

Firstly, let me apologise again that we failed to serve your meal up to our usual high standards. I'm glad we could recover the experience for you. Please do let me know if you have any further feedback at alex.porteous@fourseasons.com.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back to our beautiful Resort again in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I did stay in the hotel for 3 nights and I was very well impressed with the room and overall structure of the hotel and how beautiful the beach was.

The service was very good in all areas with the exception of housekeeping and spa. As I notified the hotel staff the organization of the housekeeping needs a big adjustment. During the first 2 days I left the room before 9am and came back around 2pm and the room was not done yet - that is definetelly a serious problem for a Four Seasons. The staff was very responsive to the feedback and said they would work on improvements. If the hotel recommends the hosekeeping time to be scheduled an email should have been sent before the check-in, advising its guests... very disapointing...

I couldn't enjoy the SPA because they were 'always fully booked'.... the recepcionist was not prepared to propose options or to return in case of any cancelation.... But for me, it is hard to believe a hotel that was not full hadn't any spot for a massage.... If a pre-booking is required, the hotel should have sent an email before checking-in.

The room (villa) was very big and impressivelly well maintained!! I don't agree with another review which said that it is difficult to get from the room to the public areas - you just need to call for a 'buggy' and they will come very fast!! The transfer was always private and very well organized!

The food at all restaurants and breakfast was very good at a decent price. Beach / Poll service (food and beverage) was a little bit slow and it was hard to find a staff member when needed... Diving and water sport centers were great!!

The hotel design and decoration were impressive and the buildings are very well integrated to the forest / mountains. The hotel has gorgeous views and the beach is one of the bests I have ever been, and probably the beat in Mahè!

Well done, noting the required improvents in housekeeping and spa organization!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TravelCoachOriginal

Dear Joao129

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We read every single one, and always give the feedback to the team here, as we strive for excellence in everything we do.

I'm sorry that you had some issues with the timing of your housekeeping service. I hope we were able to improve matters after your call. If you have any further feedback which you would like to discuss, please drop me an email at alex.porteous@fourseasons.com. I'm sorry we weren't able to find a suitable appointment time in the Spa. Unfortunately it must have been a busy time. It's very unusual not to be able to find a slot, but we do encourage booking as far ahead in time as is possible, to avoid disappointment.

Thank you for the kind words about the villa, restaurants and beach. We hope we can welcome you back to Seychelles in future. Please get in touch and I will ensure that we get you booked into our stunning Spa this time.

With warm personal regards

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!