“amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
Zug, Switzerland
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Perfekt place, there are reason why this hotel is well rated on tripadvisor. We had a amazing time! (not cheap, but perfect service) Clean, nice rooms, good food, nice beach and well managed. We did enjoy our stay very much.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mateomeier
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear mateomeier,

The team and I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review, as we read every single one. Thank you for your glowing report of your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Alex Porteous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Beau Vallon, Seychelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We enjoyed every Minute in this outstanding resort!

In Villa dining was so Special and I Never experienced how fast they served this 5 Star lunch! Can really recommend The Sushi as well as the beautiful poolbar with Great Drinks!

We will come back ...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sabine B
Dear Sabine B,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Whether you seek for romancing, culture or break this piece of paradise got it all. Book my arrival through Resort Concierge and they switch me through customs like a star. Although the luggage was never arrived and we get frustrated a Resort Assistant who welcome us was cool and calm and as soon as we arrived to the villa they already mise en place SOS survival basket for us inc T-shirt and Short :D nothing goes wrong at The Four Seasons (Salute). The Resort is spacious, sleek and stunning to combine the byword for refinement....Impeccable FS service as always. We stayed on an upper part of the hill row 500 series (Hilltop Ocean View Villa) which offer us a sweeping view across the ocean (try to stay on the left or the right not the center you'd get a better view). The Villa is luxury, charming and value for every penny spend.... the attached separated outdoor daybed area overlooking the pristine cove is a havens for two. Beautiful bathtub though we end up most of the time using their outdoor shower. Local organic amenities is fab... I feel exposed to the culture

Food... We arrived on the night "Kannel" poolside terrace serves Creole cuisine (it even came with a theme local market attached) fresh seafood and sea breeze kept us sane (from not having a luggage). On a second night we tried delectable Italian at Zez under pretty thatched roof pavilions the resto was pretty busy and lively. During the day, we tend to go to the Beachfront bar where you and linger outside the roof on a daybed lazy-ing around while eating and reading or even dipping in the pool. (their Phadtai made me feel closer to home)

Spa... Situated on the highest point of the resort. I didn't had a chance to get any treatment done but it is worth a visit for a view. I rather visit this elegant oasis for Yogic Sleep Class where they offer it as Resort Activities yet the class was very personalize (only 2 guests inc myself).. very skillful Yogi I must add.

Activities... I book a Scuba Dive daytrip at Resort Dive Center where we go in a car to resort next door for boat ride... During the trip we experience a strong current where I'm not a very experience diver I decided to cancelled my afternoon session and come back to enjoy the resort. At the resort there is a secluded area made for giant turtles very pretty very friendly

If you'd like walking...All and around the resort there are many quintet spot to explore... I think for the first time I really enjoy a resort so much I didnt really step outside the property.. I end up extended my stay for 2 more nights... This has been the best resort I've come across.. They have brainwashed my brain completely now I'm so attached to the brand :D

Room Tip: The higher the hill the better ... on the side not the center
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Khim S
Dear SnobberooKhim,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased to hear that the team created such a wonderful and memorable stay at the Resort, despite your lost luggage on arrival in Seychelles. You certainly managed to fit in a lot of activity, as well as relaxation, and I'm delighted that you will now be a Four Seasons ambassador wherever you travel now.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Ok, I am late again. We stayed at the end of May in 2012. This was the vacation to end all vacations - we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and decided to "go big or stay home". Needless to say, we went big and stayed home all of 2013. But, it was worth it. We could only afford 4 nights at the Four Seasons and it was worth every penny. The property is magnificent. The beach beyond incredible. The villa unbelievable. Everyone was attentive, relaxed and fun. We enjoyed talking with the wonderful staff more than the other guests. Let me be clear, my husband and I are normal hard-working people. Yes, we are lucky enough to sometimes enjoy the "finer" things in life; but we work to do so. Most of the people at the resort are very wealthy and it shows in their treatment of staff and their unwillingness to even smile at others. But we didn't go to make friends but to enjoy the beauty of the resort, the beach each and everyday, yoga each and everyday and get a spa. I hope that we will be able to go again to the Seychelles and stay at the FS resort. The team there was excellent.

Room Tip: Personally, I loved being in a garden villa because I was in walking distance to the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KMD41
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear KMD41,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Resort. It is wonderful to see your appreciation of our wonderful team.

I sincerely hope we will welcome you back in future. Please let me know when you are planning to return to the beautiful Seychelles.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have been to several resorts in Maldives and Mauritius and the Four Seasons resort in Seychelles has something very unique to offer. The view and overall setting of the hotel is unlike anything we have seen before. The hill is curved into a private enclave offering the best beach over the entire island. The views you get from the room is absolutely remarkable making you want to stay there for hours.

Service was truly 5 stars throughout our stay. Our concierge did his best to ensure our preferences were set in place for our entire stay. Staff throughout the resort were nice and attentive to all our needs. Buggy and beach boys very particularly helpful in suggesting things to do in and outside the resort. Management nicely checked in a few times as well.

We rather enjoyed our breakfasts at the hotel’s restaurant as it had a distinctive view of the beach and a good selection of foods. International newspapers from all around the globe were printed for guests to enjoy with breakfast. Internet wifi is readily available throughout the resort with decent speeds. Although internet is not free keep in mind that you can connect 2 devices per purchase. Also I would recommend at least half-boarding so you wouldn’t have to worry about how expensive it may be.

Besides relaxing in the room we enjoyed sitting on the couches in bar area next to the pool. You can order a cigar there or enjoy Shisha if you are a smoker while you snack or enjoy a hot drink.

Some of the things we did and would recommend:
Beach side sunset dinner (when its not raining)
Order lunch or breakfast at your Villa’s outdoor Gazebo sitting area
Have a drink at Sez or Kennel Bar during sunset.
Enjoy the spa.. you must try the 4 hand massage!
Kayak for two at the beach. Most beach activities are inclusive.
Request a Private Tour of the resort’s 2-4 bedroom mansions on top of the hill
Ask room service to bug spray your room every evening

A couple few friends asked to compare Seychelles with Maldives. My response is that its a completely different experience with each country having something unique to offer. Maldives has the most pristine and tranquil beaches while Seychelles offers a tropical exalted paradise unlike anything I have seen before.

As a couple we enjoyed our time at the resort very much and we look forward to visit it one more time in the near future with our kids.

Room Tip: Villa’s on top of the hill (serenity villas) enjoy the best views, its definitely worth the spend sp...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Amer S
Dear UAEexplorer,

Wow! What a fantastic review! Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words here on TripAdvisor. If anyone had any doubt about the pros and cons of Maldives vs Seychelles in future, I will direct them to your review :)

I'm delighted to say that we have just introduced complimentary internet access for one device per villa, so you can enjoy that on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully will your family, in future. Our family facilities are first class, so will leave you some time together to relive your first stay as a couple!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at the four seasons with my 6 year old daughter in December 2012. It was a magical experience. The hotel staff went out of their way to make out holiday special from the moment we entered the beautiful property. The beach is beautiful - the sand feels like soft cotton under your feet. The views from our hilltop villa was breath taking. The rooms are equipped with everything you could want - the nespresso machine and the daily treats that greeted us every afternoon as we came back from the beach were lovely. From the moment we left, we've wanted to go back. Unfortunately, when we tried to book our stay, we realized they'd implemented a 7 night minimum stay requirement. Since i could only be away for 5 nights, we had to find alternate accommodations. We are now staying at the Kempinski, which is a very serious disappointment. I would recommend the Four Seasons in Mahe to anyone who is looking for an experience they are not likely to find at any other hotel in the world.
S. Khalili
Dubai

Room Tip: If you stay in a hilltop room, the higher up you are on the hill, the better the view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shadee_Khalili
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Shadee_Khalili,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm sorry we weren't able to accommodate you during your trip to Seychelles this festive season. I hope you will be able to come and visit us during your stay in Seychelles this time. Please give us a call if you would like to come over for lunch or dinner at the Resort. We would be delighted to welcome you back.

Falls Church, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was the thirteenth Four Seasons we have stayed at and it easily boasted the best view and lodging of any of them. We had a Hilltop Ocean View Villa and almost didn't need to leave our villa due to the amazing view of the bay and beach. Each night we were treated to a new painter's canvas of the sunset depending on the position of the clouds. We have so many beautiful pictures. The villa itself was magnificent. I felt like I was in the trees. It was spacious with a huge bathtub and comfortable couch I almost fell asleep in many times. The best feature was the so-called dipping pool that was bigger than many hotel pools. Everyday I swam in the pool among the trees and listened to the jungle sounds and enjoyed the view. The beach was absolutely amazing. The Seychelles is a bit more relaxed than say the Four Seasons in the Maldives, but our initial concerns about service were more than addressed. I recommend the Creole dinner. The resort is very kid friendly and we had no trouble bringing our infant. The rolling crib was a nice touch because I could bring her to our shaded deck and she fell asleep in the fresh ocean air and sound of the waves. I did too!

Room Tip: Splurge for the Hilltop Ocean View--the views are better and it is less humid due to the ocean breez...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anon789
Dear anon789,

It's always pleasing when a frequent Four Seasons return guest gives us a fantastic TripAdvisor review, and your review is no exception. Thank you for your kind words about the Resort and the fantastic team.

We hope you and your family will be able to join us again in our little corner of paradise.

Alex Poteous
Constance Ephelia
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 36 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,245 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!