Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
AVANIhotels.com
Villa Bambou(Baie Lazare)
TripAdvisor
1,179 results
All reviewsbuggy serviceour honeymoonhilltop villaoutdoor showerzez restaurantplunge poolpetite ansebuggy driverssushikids clubbeach serviceday bedwhite sandincredible viewsbeach barocean viewthe general manager
Reviewed 20 June 2010

What an amazing property and view, everything looks at its best but staff are unfriendly and rude as the Seychellois are bit racist to foreigners and the management were so fake and careless to others needs.
The worse dining experience in my life was at this four seasons, they should go and check what a four seasons food and beverages is and teach their staff what is service as it is an Inn service and nothing more as they were bad bad bad people but Dion was trying his best to help but what can he do alon???
I have been to 13 four seasons around the world in the US and Europe and Asia also and for sure will continue visiting properties of this company but never again to Seychelles unless this management will be changed.
The only nice people were the engineering staff to fix things and the nurse Christine.
Reception is very bad and not professional especially the old Indonesian woman with her irritating way to deal with guests of four seasons and her fake smile, she should stay at the back only.
We were planning to go there back to get marry but the wedding organizer refuse to meet with us clamming that she was busy and only gave us a call before check out (what can we do with her upon check out??? Can you tell me!!!!!!
I would recommend to the headquarters of this great company to close this resort and retrain everyone what is it to be a four seasons.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank germanman1970
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This is an outstanding resort in many aspects. My wife and I and our baby daughter, who was just one and a half, had 8 nights here back in February. I have only just got around to writing this review but wanted to express how amazing this place was.

Built in a quiet pristine bay the resort has done a great job of integrating the villas amongst the natural vegetation which is abundant. The rooms are first rate. Very luxurious in every aspect with fantastic views. We did not have a hill top villa but one in the middle of the resort but we could still see the sea .We infact got an upgrade from a garden villa so make sure you ask as the resort didnt seem too busy.

The beach is amazing with biscuity sand and the pool layout and surrounds were very picturesque. Yes the food is very expensive but thats the seychelles for you. We didnt go crazy on ordering the finest dishes and still managed to spend around 200 Euro per day which included lunch/dinner so expect to pay that minimum.

We had concerns about the baby around the private villa pool but as soon as we arrived they erected a wooden fence around the pool area in the villa so if you have young children you dont need to be concerned about that. It worked very well. Alcohol is also extortionate so take some of your own! I cant fault the weather. A mix of sun and tropical rain. You are in the tropics so expect plenty of both but we liked that.

A few people have commented on the service. Personally I couldnt fault it. Im not really one who insists on being looked after or waited on hand and foot. As far as I was concerned the staff always did their best in good faith.

We hired a baby sitter for most nights we were there. This is very expensive! 20 Euro per hour and you must have 4 hours. I wrote a letter to the management asking for only 2 hours per night as I thought spending 80 Euro per night was a little silly. They agreed to this so I paid only 40 Euro per night and we had 2 hours out for dinner which was perfectly adequate in terms of time. The baby sitter was the same person every night and she was very good and very nice. I could not fault this service.

Overall I give this resort 10/10. If you can afford the prices once your there then go for it. You will have a very relaxing and luxurious experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank GrahamDubai
Reviewed 10 June 2010

the most beautifull hotel they have have staye at over 40 of their hotels
the service is by far the worsth of any and maybe of all hotels they use the lingo yes sir at your service but if you expect 4 seasons service forget it its awfull dont stay te
her

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We came here for our last night of our honeymoon and have also stayed in other hotels in the Seychelles. Without doubt, the room was excellent: nice view over the bay, infinity-pool, everything was very nicely decorated. The beach is beautiful, no comments on that part. Althought the architecture of the buildings is very beautiful, they lack maintenance. The ponds next to the restaurant showed algue and looked a bit dirty (this is a new hotel!). The hotel is widely spread out and built on a hill, so going from the beach to your room is quite an exercise. You can call for a buggy to pick you up, which is okay - but after a couple of times, it started to annoy me to have to wait every time I wanted to go elsewhere (or to see other people jump on your buggy without asking -;)). Staff is friendly, yes, but not professionaly trained. It was chaotic, with sometimes 2 or 3 people standing at your table asking you questions on the food or drinks, not very efficient. The food was average and should be better for this type of hotel.
Yes, the basics are there: location & rooms are very nice, but the ambiance is lacking, food should definetely be better and staff should be more efficient. No good balance between price and quality.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa2805
Reviewed 8 June 2010

The Four Seasons was our last port of call on our amazing trip to Seychelles and I hoped it would hit the mark and somehow exceed what we'd experienced already at Ephelia, Labriz and Denis Island.

To say that it did is a massive understatement.

Check in was a comfortable experience once you've found the resort which is at the end of a winding road that climbs high up the hills that over look the sea. The staff were smiling, relaxed and delightful.

From there you're taken to your villa accompanied by the buggy driver who brought our luggage. A chatty guy who knew his stuff about Seychelles and seemed impressed with my knowledge.

This was my second visit to the Four Seasons, the first being last year at the same time. The vegetation had grown quickly and enhanced the feeling of privacy and lush Seychellois natural luxury.

Each villa sits in its own space, we were in a garden villa, an essential is you have young children who insist on walking (as we did) down to Breakfast. To say the rooms are sizeable is the biggest understatement, they are massive! From this perspective you would have to say that from a perspective of value for money they hit the mark. They are decorated with Seychellois art work and minimal decor. The bed was enormous and had THE most comfortable mattress I have ever experienced, amazing.

Bathrooms are massive with a seperate indoor and outdoor shower and a sunken bath which over looks your private pool. A proper pool, not a plunge pool, this thing is great for a warm up in the morning to loosen the limbs after your perfect sleep!

The TV must have been 42 " with an ipod jack for your own tunes, complimented by a powerful surround sound system so you can enjoy your own soundtrack to the holiday. Perfect.

The main pool area supports lots of sun beds, plenty of space and a huge pool perfect for proper swimming and kids, although it is too deep for little ones to stand up in, so bring your arm bands.

The bar has a great range of food for lunch from magnificent fish and chips, to smaller snacks of calamari or tapas style food. Drinks were reasonable for the surroundings, not cheap, but look around you and know that it is not excessive.

The short walk to the beach which sits right in front of the property reveals THE best beach on Mahe, it's long and curved and is flanked by steep hills at either end, making it feel even more private. They conduct weddings on the beach which must look incredible.

The beach has a gentle slope into the sea and if you swim out, you'll find the coral and a number of fish. If you're really into your diving I'd probably suggest that you take the dive boat out to find some bigger fishes, but it was fine for this side of Mahe. During the afternoons the waves did pick up and you could almost body surf, but it's not big waves in truth so safe bathing, but watch out if you have small children.

If you travel with children as we did, then this place is an absolute delight. The kids club is full of activities and great things to do, some that adults will love doing with their kids too, which means they will be dragging you along too!

The only problem with the kids club is the shallow pool which is very poorly designed and extremely slippery to enter. We did raise it with the management team.

Food quality was excellent and there is a lovely lack kof formality which we loved, service was very good and many of the team were recognisable from my last visit 12 months ago!

In terms of excursions, I'd say hire a car for a day when you're there and get out and see the place. Most hire car companies will bring your car to the hotel making life nice and easy!

In summary, whilst the Four Seasons will not fit every budget I would have to qualify that in terms of service, room quality and size, food and overall ambience, I have never stayed in a hotel as perfect as this one. It's location is unbeatable, it is on Mahe, which means a transfer of 40 minutes by road, perfect for a tired traveller who's just disembarked from a long haul flight. Unlike some of it's competitors, Banyan and Maia, it feels like real Seychelles and that, after all is surely the point of coming to a destination like this.

It's natural, stunningly beautiful with a magnificent beach and is perfect for families, couples looking for a romantic stay and clients wanting the best of the best for their exploratitive holiday in Seychelles.

Certainly my favourite all round experience in Seychelles.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family