We spent 6 nights at the resort as part of a two-week honeymoon that also included some time on Safari and in Cape Town. This was by far the most disappointing leg of our trip and it is just disheartening since there are so many wonderful places you can choose to spend your honeymoon and we chose wrong. Let me start by saying that the resort itself is beautiful and the rooms are gorgeous and the beach is probably the cleanest beach I have ever been on in my life. The resort is incredibly clean and you see people working all day long to keep the common areas looking pristine.
Our major issues with the resort were as follows: first, the service was terrible. They never once acknowledged that it was our honeymoon stay, even though they were made aware of it by our travel agent and by us on several occasions. Our room wasn't ready promptly, service at the restaurants is extremely slow (no one refilling your glasses, having to ask for the check on several occasions, etc.), our room would not be cleaned until very late in the day, etc. It is the service that usually sets Four Seasons hotels apart, and although these things seem minor, they add up to an overall frustrating experience.
Second, you are a completely captive audience and they take advantage of that with their outrageous pricing. The food and drink are so ludacrisly expensive that you have to just laugh, because you are stuck. There are very few places outside of the resort to eat, and options within the resort are limited. The food was decent, but nothing to rave about. I had to purchase a bottle of after-sun cooling gel from the hotel gift shop, which cost me (and I am not kidding) EUR 40. Excursions outside of the resort are similarly insanely priced. We took a taxi (and note I think there is one taxi that services the entire resort) literally 5 minutes outside of the resort to a nearby restaurant and back and it cost us EUR 30. Another couple we met at the resort had an issue where they would obtain pricing for excursions directly from the vendors, and then from the Four Seasons and the resort attempted to upcharge them by as much as 50%, which is just bad business.
We definitely made the best of our stay there...we spent a lot of time in our beautiful room and at the beach which truly was a pleasure. It was just upsetting to us to have travelled so far and to be so disappointed (and to not feel special at all on our honeymoon!). A note to honeymoon couples considering this resort...although you have a lot of privacy in your villa, note that the resort is full of families with young children, which is something I did not expect.
There is one restaurant we found outside of the resort that is worth making the trip to...Maria's Rock Cafe. Unique little gem where you cook your own food on a hot stone. Maria and her family are wonderful and the food and experience is great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island