We spent here 5 days in February without kids as a short „winter getaway“ and enjoyed out stay at the Kempinski immensely. It is quite expensive and there a still some minor flaws, but offers a great location and super staff – we would come back!
The bay is gorgeous and kayak trips are great. Also kayak surfing (taking the kayak into the surf) proved to be great fun! A drawback is that it is difficult to swim in the bay due to corals – at low tide impossible and even at high tide you have to be careful and better wear swim shoes! The Baie Lazare area is rather laid back and quiet compared to the more busy Beauvallon area.
Price level is high, but the Seychelles are an expensive holiday destination anyway. We found the Windsong Bar (Beach restaurant) reasonably priced during the day and had almost expected the prices to be higher. For dinner you have 2 options which are definitely high-priced. But you can find many possibilities to eat outside of the resort if you take a taxi or have your own rental car (which we would recommend!), such as „Chez Plume“, „Anchor Restaurant“, „Marias Rock Cafe“…
• Staff – especially, reception, guest services & spa – are super service-oriented and helpful - well done!
• General location; gardens and properties very well maintained, spectacular surroundings
• Although hotel occupancy was high during our stay, it never seemed „crowded“ as premises are quite spread out
• Nice mixed clientele without any nationality being too „dominant“ (Swiss, German, French, British, American, Korean, Baltic States etc…)
• Diving school on premises. For boat dives they pool with guests from other hotels (Maia, Four Seasons etc.), but the Dutch-run diving school made a good impression
• Construction: the room doors are very light and not at all soundproof. If you neighbor closes his door, it echoes through your room. And it is difficult to close the doors without making noise. There should be some kind of rubber joints added to the door frames. If you seek utter privacy opt for a resort with single bungalows.
• Room Service: every room has dehumidifier devices, which turn off automatically when full. We had to empty it ourselves every day, although this should have been done by the room service. And: refrigerator did not work. Apparently it had not been properly checked before giving us the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be blissed in style! The Kempinski Seychelles Resort - Baie Lazare is the ideal location for those seeking an intimate getaway or an island adventure. Baie Lazare offers an intimate and exotic tropical paradise surrounded by untouched natural beauty. It is a tidal beach protected by a reef around 200 meters out. The Resort is tucked only half hours' drive from the International Airport and only 40 minutes away from the capital, Victoria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Prestigia and Ebookers so you can book your Kempinski Seychelles Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Seychelles Resort Mahe Island