13 people are viewing this hotel
US$564
Free cancellation until 21/10/21
US$563
Free cancellation until 20/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$459
Hotels.comUS$564
PricelineUS$563
eDreamsUS$563
2,504 results
All reviews cafe lazare windsong restaurant beach restaurant kids club hill view our honeymoon a sea view room beach staff guest services beach boys half board every evening different theme private beach sparkling wine restaurant staff breakfast and dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to many hotels in very many countries and to many resorts. Prior to my 2 weeks at the Kempinski Seychelles I always rated Petit St Vincent as number one by a very long way. Well the list has changed and frankly I can’t imagine going back to the Caribbean under any circumstances. There is nothing to criticise about the Kempinski. You can live on the fresh fish and the fresh fruit forever.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Kempinski S, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2019

Dear pookymalookyg

Thank you for sharing such a glowing review of our hotel. It is always especially rewarding to receive positive feedback from guests who are familiar with tropical destinations around the world. Seychelles really is a unique destination and it is wonderful to hear how much you appreciated it.

Thank you for your kind comments about our fresh, tropical cuisine. While our chefs are well versed in a variety of international dishes, we do always try to introduce a real sense of our unique island-destination into our food. I will be sure to let our kitchen team know that you enjoyed this.

I hope that it is not too long until we are able to welcome you back to the Seychelles and back to Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare. Happy travels.

Reviewed 11 May 2019

We have just returned from a fantastic three night trip at the Kempinski Seychelles. The hotel is breathtakingly beautiful, with the rooms set across an enormous garden that sits right next to the beach with a stunning mountainous backdrop. The beach is quiet, pretty and a lovely place to spend an afternoon. Staff visited with fruit shots and provided water for guests along the beach.
The restaurant buffet was excellent, so good that we ate there a couple nights of our stay. The hotel rotates the type of food available on the buffet so there is always something new to try and very popular amongst guests. Breakfast was also outstanding. I cannot speak highly enough of the food at this hotel.
We also used the gym most days, the equipment is good and it wasn’t too busy there throughout our stay.
The room was fantastic, I really enjoyed sitting on the sofas overlooking the sea every day. The mini bar included free drinks the first time around, a nice touch.
We had some issues at checkout that was thankfully fixed after a return visit, that was much appreciated.
I did not get a chance to meet the resort manager, but he kindly left a handwritten message for us. It was a wonderful personal gesture.
Overall, definitely, a hotel deserved of its 5* status. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank majicka

Dear majicka

Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our remarkable location. Our gardens are really something that sets us apart from other hotels on the island: nestled in the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, and surrounded by our very own private lagoon, our guests are able to enjoy a peaceful seclusion that is unique to our property. Thank you for sharing this with fellow travellers.

Thank you, also, for your positive comments about our cuisine. A passion for food and produce is an earmark of the Kempinski brand, and our search for quality, authenticity and flavourful ingredients is never-ending. We take great pride in the premium dining options available at Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed them too.

I do hope that one day we can welcome you back to the Seychelles and back to our hotel. Happy travels!

Masami Egami,

Reviewed 30 April 2019

We have first visited Seychelles and the Kempinski resort in 2012 and ever since we have been returning; it is not just the resort and its setting, the beautiful beach at its feet, but the people that have been working there; their warmth, kindness and amazing attitude, it has been an incredible experience time and again.

We are grateful to the staff for always trying to make our stay a great experience and always treating us like family and to the chefs and cooks for always enticing us with amazing recipes.

We will definitely come back .

Thank you, we are grateful to be your guests.

Ioana

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ioana_AUH
Kempinski S, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2019

Dear Ioana

Thank you for sharing such a glowing and heartfelt review of our hotel. In the hospitality industry, there is no greater compliment than a return guest, and I am delighted to hear that our remarkable location and friendly service keeps you coming back to Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare again and again.

At Kempinski we believe that luxury hospitality is about people and their talent for creating warm and memorable encounters. I am delighted that this has been your experience each time you visit our hotel. Please be assured that your kind comments and wonderful sentiments will be shared with the rest of the team - I have no doubt that they will be delighted to hear from you.

I do hope that it is not too long before we are able to welcome you back to our hotel, once again. Happy travels!

Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

We had a choice of two hotels and sadly not knowing the kempinski brand of hotels we made the fatal mistake of booking at Le Meridien Hotel.

We were so disappointed with that hotel that we decided to take a drive and go for sundowners and dinner at Kempinski.

I was overwhelmed by the beautiful setting and the well maintained resort in comparison to ours.
The staff were so courteous to us as outside guests and I didn’t want to leave!
They had happy hour in the bar with a DJ and music and we had a lovely meal at the beach restaurant.

Don’t even think about booking somewhere else, Kempinski has SO much to offer and you won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank ulala_andmore

Dear Excursion53787822777

Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed the evening you spent with us.

Our location in the South-West of Mahé is ideal for those looking to get off the tourist track. We have some of the most beautiful white-sand beaches on the western side of the island, yet are located just 30 minutes away from Seychelles International Airport and are ideally situated for day trips or island-hopping excursions. It is an ideal location for those looking to enjoy quiet beaches and unspoiled nature, away from the crowds. There is plenty to do for those who enjoy spending time outdoors: from hiking and kayaking to leisurely nature walks and snorkelling adventures, there are new discoveries to be made at every turn!

I am so glad that you felt so well taken care of by our friendly team members, and that you enjoyed our offerings from Windsong Beach Restaurant. This beachside dining venue is a true favourite with our guests, who enjoy the relaxed al fresco set-up and proximity to the ocean.

I hope that next time you come to Seychelles we can welcome you back to Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare. Happy travels!

Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

An incredible two weeks at Kempinski. The hotel is set in paradise between a beautiful white beach, a mountain and a lagoon. Everywhere you look it’s stunning.

I was worried about staying in one place for two weeks as thought we may get bored but there is loads of stuff to keep you interested - we walked to the top of the mountain one day, went to Maria’s rock (a nearby cafe with 50 rupee wine - 200 less than in the hotel and a fun dining experience), walked along the beach, snorkelled, did a day trip, had a massage, went to the Casino (would totally recommend this for a fun and random evening) etc. Plus you can also paddle board, kayak, play tennis, do yoga etc. if you so wish!

Likewise with the food, this was a concern (esp. as there are some poor reviews about this) but we felt we were spoilt for choice and quality. The breakfast was yummy - loads of fruit, cooked options, croissants and jams (you have to try the papaya jam it’s divine). The evening buffet was great, amazing quality and variety each evening - although £55 pp which I thought was quite a lot. L’indochine restaurant was FANTASTIC - exceptional service and food simply wonderful. Windsong was great for more casual dining and they had some amazing fish options. I say this having stayed at the Four Seasons in Marrakech last year for 10 days where I was incredibly disappointed by the food (quality, variety and the price).

There is also 2-4-1 cocktails at Planters bar between 5-7 pm which we made the most of a few nights. Cocktails are roughly £15 at full price.

The staff are wonderful throughout and cater to your every need but not in a pretentious way. The beach staff bring you free iced water during the day as well as smoothies and fruit snacks. The Planters bar team are incredible - Nishantha who runs it exceptional as are his team. The life guard / gym team were great. Kenny ran some wonderful and fun water aerobics sessions and Janath ran a couple of awesome gym sessions for us. We were lucky as only 2 of us joined the gym sessions when we went but it’s a shame more people don’t make it out.

Room was fab and v v comfortable (and large) bed - wanted to take it home with me! Wifi throughout with a good connection.

Only a handful of things I’d change, but these are minor and I’d recommend this hotel to anyone regardless.

1. I wish we had a bath in the room.
2. When the hotel is full, breakfast time can be a bit manic. Coffees taking ages to arrive (ie. coming once you’d had your breakfast). We were here over Easter and there was a wedding over that weekend which I’m sure made things slightly more manic.
3. Staying here for 2 weeks I’d have thought there would be a bottle of fizz or something in the room when we first got here. Maybe that’s an expectation I’ve had from other 5 star hotels.

All in all I didn’t want to leave and will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank nickys864
Kempinski S, General Manager at Kempinski Seychelles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2019

Dear nickys864

Thank you so much for this very thorough and heartfelt review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our cuisine and friendly staff. It is always wonderful to receive this kind of feedback from appreciative guests and I thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Thank you, also, for your very kind comments about our grounds. Our gardens are really something that sets us apart from other hotels on the island: nestled in the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, and surrounded by our very own private lagoon, our guests are able to enjoy a peaceful seclusion that is unique to our property. Thank you for sharing this with fellow travellers. I am glad that you were able to enjoy a nature walk to the summit of "Mount Kempinski", which is a feature that is quite unique to our hotel.

I was also pleased to hear that you both were so well taken care of by our recreation team. Our "boys in blue" are often recommended for their friendly and attentive beach service, providing water and refreshments to our guests while they recline on the beach. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with them.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight where we could have improved your stay. It is only with the honest feedback of engaged travellers, such as yourself, that we are able to improve our service for future guests. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I hope that if ever you return to our hotel you will find each of these issues have been rectified and addressed.