“Peace of Mind in Heavenly Paradise on Earth”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Helsinki, Finland
“Peace of Mind in Heavenly Paradise on Earth”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This was absolutely our best vacation ever! We left the property only twice during our stay and I don´t remember ever being so totally relaxed as I was on this holiday. The inroom dining was so delicious and speedy that we practically checked every food item during our stay. Staff at the breakfast room was friendly and polite but a bit slow taking into account that usually there were less than 20 guests having breakfast at the same time. On the other hand people on Seychelles are never in a hurry so maybe it was a good lesson to slow down in this hectic world where is has become difficult to find some personal space. The villas are elegant and well equipped with stunning views. I would recommend the Hillside Villas ( 222,224 or 226 ). However for people who do not like steps there are 105 to climb up to your Villa but once you get there - it pays back! 180 degrees stunning views over the Indian Ocean, facing the sunset and a private deck. I can hardly wait to get back to this heavenly paradise on earth!

Room Tip: All Villas have same layout with sea view but Hillside Villas 222,224,226 have stunning views facing...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tomi R
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

We were very happy to read that your recent stay with us was very relaxing and the best vacation you’ve had.
I would like to sincere thank you for your kind comments about the villa and the ocean views, the friendliness of the Breakfast staff and the In-room dining service. Please be informed that your kind feedback has been shared with the team.

With reference to the speed of service at breakfast, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa in the near future.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We spent our honeymoon in Northolme, which was picture perfect from stay to food. All rooms are separate villas with sea views (yes, even hillside ones). The rooms are very beautiful, portray a very nice view of Indian Ocean in terrace, a large hot-tub in modernly decorated bathroom and extremely clean and spacious bedroom.
The pool is very nice with view, however some may say small. Don't forget this is a boutique hotel. The beach again very nice, but small. Snorkeling around the hotel is said to be one of the best in Seychelles. It was my first time Snorkeling, but i might say it was breath-taking even when I was swimming in 5-feet depths.
Food is divine: either from open buffet that has different themes each day or romantic dinner by sea-side. They have extremely good selection of wine and staff is very knowledgeable about what goes good with food you have. From the bar I would recommend Bellini with Passion Fruit. Everything is very nice but Bellinis are very good. Did I say they serve Champagne in breakfast? You should try.
Northolme also sent us to Hilton Labriz for a night. We stayed at the luxurious Ocean-Deluxe villas. We had our own pool and direct connection to the ocean. Labriz was a bit too crowded for our liking, however it was very nice experience.
We did never leave the hotel since every minute seemed very precious. However, we were told it was very nicely located in Mahe Island.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laurangelus
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room, the view from your villa overlooking the Indian Ocean, the cleanliness of your villa, your snorkeling experience and the food selection and overall you’ve had a perfect honeymoon stay with us.

Thank you once more for sharing your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once more at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

London
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Before I go into the details of my review I should let you know that we didn't stay at this hotel, we stayed locally in self catering which we really enjoyed, but we spent quite a bit of time at the Hilton during numerous visits for meals. We ate in the fine dining restaurant twice (the scallops entree was absolutely divine and really generous size - six scallops and a gorgeous salad) and found the location to be one of the nicest, most romantic and relaxing on the island. The service was excellent, we really enjoyed the sorbet between courses and were impressed with the portion sizes, quality of food and drinks. We also ate twice in the bar, again, portion sizes were good, quality of food was excellent and service top notch. To add to our evening meals, we also had breakfast in the Hilltop Restaurant one morning - which was superb. The range of food was as you would expect in a five star hotel, but with extras - like they prepare fruit and vegetables for you to make fresh juices, and they take your order for eggs, pancakes etc and will bring your hot breakfast to you rather than having to go up to the buffet (this is optional, you can choose your own if you wish). Champagne was free flowing and the coffee was good. Service again was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. The location of the Hilltop restaurant was gorgeous in the morning - waves crashing onto the rocks, the music and ambience, decor and open air theme was super chilled and very relaxing. The beach is small but it's private and that is something special in the Seychelles. The villas look out to the sea, the resort has a very exclusive feel and we both thought it would be a lovely stay for a honeymoon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JATOLondon
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing to dine at Les Cocotiers and the Hilltop Restaurants at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have truly experienced the pure delight of our authentic dishes as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to learn that you were happy with the overall food quality, services provided by the team and the location of the Resort and the Restaurant had an exclusive feel.

My team and I have greatly appreciated all your valuable feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming back to our Resort.

Yours Sincerely,

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We used this hotel as a second island stop during our Seychelles holiday. I must say from the welcome we received at check-in to the point we left, the staff were exceptionally courteous and efficient. The hotel offers some great lodge accommodation especially the Ocean Front option we chose. The restaurants are in a stunning setting and the food was of high standard. We really enjoyed our stay but felt that two points should be mentioned. We opted for a half board upgrade which covered the Hilltop Restaurant. There was an option to dine at their upscale restauarant at extra cost however, I was disappointed that when we did this we found that upgrade deal only entitled us to a 50% discount off the bill which meant we didn't receive the full value of our half board cost against this meal leaving us slightly out of pocket? Of greater annoyance was the fact that a hotel of this grade charges you additionaly for any Wi Fi connection (their sister hotel 'Labriz' does not). Over £8 for an hour! They said at reception this was the minimum cost but the hotel in room information stated you could purchase 15mins at obviously less cost. These two points were our only complaints but overall a good hotel to stay at in Mahe.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andybevrose
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the accommodation at the resort and the food was of high standard.

I have well noticed your two main disappointments and I would like to personally extend my sincere apologies for all the inconvenienced caused. Your valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated and has been shared with my team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Patras, Greece
Reviewed 15 September 2011

An unforgetable hotel, a one in a lifetime experience especially for honeymooners. Everything, every little detail was just perfect. An expencive but 100% worth of value choice. It will ruin every other hotel choice thereafter for you!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you’ve had an unforgettable experience during your honeymoon stay with us. Your valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated and has been shared with the Hilton Seychelles team.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Mumbai
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Went there for my honeymoon and stayed in the ocean villa. Its one of the best hotel rooms I have stayed in. Awesome size, great jacuzzi bath tuba nd fantastic views of the ocean. If you have a car (which you should rent at Mahe), the hotel is 10 mins drive from beau vallon. The pool is nice and the spa is fantastic. There were some 'service' issues in the restaurant but otherwise the hotel was so fabulous that we dodnt mind minor issues.

Room Tip: Ocean view villas are worth every penny
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank npraikar
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to read that you were satisfied with your Villa; from the size, the bathroom and the view of the Ocean and the pool facility.

We have well noticed your comments about the services at the Restaurant and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

NYC
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights as part of a larger trip across Southern Africa.

We arrived at the SEZ airport and caught a taxi for 500 SCR, arriving at the hotel around 9pm and the check-in villa was deserted. The security guy called down to the front-desk and someone sauntered up, about 5 minutes later, seemingly inconvenienced. No welcome drink or anything offered. Check-in was very business like and not the customary resort greeting.

First villa smelled like the Marlboro man had just checked-out. My wife and I both have asthma and staying in that room, in addition to smelling terrible, would have caused us to be very uncomfortable. The reception person agreed that the smell of smoke was very profound especially considering it was a non-smoking room and came back to tell us she was able to get us a new villa, but just for the night. So, they moved us.

By the time we got everything situated it was about 10:30p and we were very hungry as we hadn't eaten supper. Unfortunately the kitchen closes at 10p and it took a bit of effort to get the kitchen to agree to make us a Club Sandwich.

The next day we were moved to a new villa, right next to the reception area. Probably the worst villa on the property from a noise perspective. Every morning at 6am the tour vans idle right outside this room. Really disappointed with that and I don't understand why they insisted on moving us again to this villa.

In all three of the villas we saw the inside of while they looked clean at first pass, they really weren't. I don't think the villa we stayed in for the last 6 days had seen a mop in months. I walked out of the shower one day and stepped on the floor and then onto a bath mat. You could see a perfect black print of my foot on the towel (reference provided photo). That's how dirty the floors were. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said they'd send someone to clean our floors and someone came up and swept (which isn't what we were asking for). We showed the housekeeping person how dirty the floor was using the water and towel method and she shrugged.

Also had trouble with our keys continually becoming decoded. For the first four days we'd have to get our key recoded 3x / day. I finally told them to either fix the lock or station someone with a key coder outside our villa because I was done wasting 10 minutes every time we wanted to get back into our room. They finally dispatched maintenance, who fixed it. Not sure why they couldn't have fixed it the other, no joke, dozen times we asked.

Despite all that service overall was actually pretty good. The food was just okay. Breakfast was pretty weak but wasn't bad. The dinner buffet was rather overpriced for what it was -- we went on the Indian night -- but we enjoyed the food. The "fine dining" restaurant was really disappointing from a food quality perspective. Service, however, was great. My wife had a 24 hour GI "issue" mid-stay and although we can't positively ID what caused this, given the state of the guestrooms, I'm not sure how clean the kitchens of the restaurants were.

Because of the location of the hotel they more or less have you captive for meals and it's surprising that they don't have more of a selection for on-property F+B options. We ate one night down in Beau Vallon, which was okay and another night at the Bliss Hotel / Lounge 8, which was a great experience.

The hotel gym was absolutely disgusting and the machines were pretty out-dated. I cleaned a mat before doing push-ups and was probably the first person to clean that mat in months. The floors, like the guest rooms, were also very dirty. I mentioned this to the front-desk and nothing was done about it. In the week we stayed I used the gym 6 times and it was never once cleaned (towels were refreshed though so they know it exists...).

The beaches are very small, but the location of the hotel on a little peninsula is very nice. Snorkeling on the house reef is pretty good, although there's a lot of dead reef. In our opinion, the reef did not compare, at all, with the house reef at the Conrad Maldives. House kayaks were nice and the house snorkeling equipment was in decent shape. Also took advantage of the house bicycles and cruised around Mahe for a day and stopped at a few beaches, which was nice (but hilly).

The Seychelles were nice and we're glad we made the trip, but not sure we'd return. It's a bit too far to travel from the U.S. for a beach location and although really beautiful, didn't compare with the Maldives (we did the day trip to La Digue and Praslin, which was nice). If we go back we'd do one of the Starwood properties that are a little better located, to give us more flexibility and probably stay on La Digue for a couple nights too. The day trip was too rushed.

I'm a Hilton HHonors Diamond member (I stay at at least 25 Hiltons a year) and for Diamond benefits we received breakfast and free internet (which was terribly slow). No better location for our villa. I think there was some welcome stuff we were supposed to get, but because of the room shuffles those never found our way to us.

At check-out they tried to charge us resort fees, which were included in our points rate. They manually adjusted it without issue, but keep an eye on your folio if you stay on points. It's aggravating to me when hotels try and pull that nonsense.

Overall the hotel was a decent value from a discounted points perspective. Is it worth the 300 Euro / night rate (which seems to be the cheapest rate they offer for their Hillside villas)? Absolutely not.

If they fixed their F+B options, completed a really deep cleaning, and compensated for their lack of on-property F+B selections (maybe offer some sort of Concierge service for restaurants) the property might be a destination worth recommending. As it is today, I'd suggest you look elsewhere if for no other reason than the cleanliness issues.

Feel free to ping me with any questions.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near reception / parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Ipilly
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very concerned to read about your dissatisfaction that the room location, the overall cleanliness of the Villa, the fitness center condition, the value for price paid and the quietness of you villa did not meet with your expectations and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Although it is very disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, I do believe it is the most important way to measure the quality of our service and how best to improve on those areas in which we fail to deliver on the expectations of our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your valuable feedback and comments has been shared and discussed with my Management team to further improve on our services and facilities. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the property for a more enjoyable and comfortable experience.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 35 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,337 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!