“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed there for 3 night in Oct 2011. We had an Ocean view villa wich is really worth the price. Some minor outside early noises in the morning as the upper reception opens at 7.00 am. But overall, very quite place, excellent service and good food. Very helpfull drivers even though less expensive to use a local Cab (ask for Jimmy, the hotel works with him..)
As we were there as a couple, we appreciated the fact that guests below 13 are not allowed, the hotel is therefore much more quiete.

Room Tip: Choose Ocean view villas, not too close from the reception.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nomadeLausanne
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very happy to learn that you were pleased with services, the quietness of the Resort and the food quality.

With reference to the noises early in the morning, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you once more for sharing your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once more at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We have just returned from a week at the Hilton and had an amazing time. From the moment we were picked up from the airport, everything was fantastic. Check in was smooth and quick, accompanied by a nice glass of bubbly, the staff were so welcoming, and as we were having our wedding there, made us feel very special.
The room was lovely, the best part was definitely the bathroom with the jacuzzi and the lovely terrace which felt very private and secluded. Cleanliness was to a very high standard. We had trouble working the coffee machine, but maybe that's just us!
Service in all parts of the hotel was great, just a couple of issues with the front desk. We tried to book a couple of trips which were never followed through and booked and it seemed communication was not the strongest, the weather was really bad anyway so our trip to Praslin not happening was quite fortunate!
The beach area was nice and we loved snorkelling, the pool was a little cold and we only went in the once. The landscaping throughout the property is stunning and really well cared for.
Breakfast was good and had all the usual options, the champagne was a nice touch. We found the ambience in the Hilltop restaurant to be not as cosy at night, the lights were very bright and the music was really low - didn't encourage us to stick around for long! The food was okay, as it is a small restaurant we didn't find the variety of food to be that great and it really lacked seasoning. I don't think it was worth the very high price but it certainly didn't affect our holiday. It's probably because we live in Dubai, the city of buffets! The bar downstairs was just lovely and having a drink with the waves crashing below was magical.
We had a lovely night at Labriz included which was a great surprise, but as it rained heavily, there wasn't much to do. the rooms here are much more modern but we preferred the charm of the Northolme.
Our wedding was just perfect, Sharifa the wedding coordinator did such a great job. On the day we had our villa changed to one right up on the hill, the views were just breathtaking! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the Seychelles. Our wedding dinner was absolutely gorgeous, in a secluded gazebo on the beach. Exec Sous Chef Jason helped us plan the menu and came to make sure everything was perfect. The photographer, make up artist, videographer were all very good and we received our photos and wedding DVD within 2 days! We had a few treatments in the spa which were very good.
Overall, even though it rained nearly everyday we had a fantastic week, the staff really make the hotel, they made us feel so special and we were very sad to leave. They do a lot of weddings there, but we were made to feel unique were really looked after. Special mentions to Lody, Joel, Tracey, Sharifa, Melanie, Chamran and Jason who are great ambassadors for the Hilton group! We will definitely be back and wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Seychelles, I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlysonH77
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have experienced the true magic of the Seychelles and return home with many wonderful memories.

I was pleased to read that you were very satisfied with the overall service provided by the team, the villa decor, the terrace view from your bathroom and you were also pleased with the landscaping of the property.
Furthermore, I would like to sincerely congratulate you once more in your recent wedding with us, and Sharifa and the team had made this day a very special one for you.

I was concerned to read about your comments that the ambiance at the Hilltop Restaurant and the condition of the pool did not meet with your expectations and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your kind feedback has been shared with the Head of department concerned for their kind information.

I thank you once more for sharing your valuable feedback on tripadvisor.com and I look forward to welcoming you once more at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This was absolutely our best vacation ever! We left the property only twice during our stay and I don´t remember ever being so totally relaxed as I was on this holiday. The inroom dining was so delicious and speedy that we practically checked every food item during our stay. Staff at the breakfast room was friendly and polite but a bit slow taking into account that usually there were less than 20 guests having breakfast at the same time. On the other hand people on Seychelles are never in a hurry so maybe it was a good lesson to slow down in this hectic world where is has become difficult to find some personal space. The villas are elegant and well equipped with stunning views. I would recommend the Hillside Villas ( 222,224 or 226 ). However for people who do not like steps there are 105 to climb up to your Villa but once you get there - it pays back! 180 degrees stunning views over the Indian Ocean, facing the sunset and a private deck. I can hardly wait to get back to this heavenly paradise on earth!

Room Tip: All Villas have same layout with sea view but Hillside Villas 222,224,226 have stunning views facing...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tomi R
Dear Guest,

We were very happy to read that your recent stay with us was very relaxing and the best vacation you’ve had.
I would like to sincere thank you for your kind comments about the villa and the ocean views, the friendliness of the Breakfast staff and the In-room dining service. Please be informed that your kind feedback has been shared with the team.

With reference to the speed of service at breakfast, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa in the near future.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We spent our honeymoon in Northolme, which was picture perfect from stay to food. All rooms are separate villas with sea views (yes, even hillside ones). The rooms are very beautiful, portray a very nice view of Indian Ocean in terrace, a large hot-tub in modernly decorated bathroom and extremely clean and spacious bedroom.
The pool is very nice with view, however some may say small. Don't forget this is a boutique hotel. The beach again very nice, but small. Snorkeling around the hotel is said to be one of the best in Seychelles. It was my first time Snorkeling, but i might say it was breath-taking even when I was swimming in 5-feet depths.
Food is divine: either from open buffet that has different themes each day or romantic dinner by sea-side. They have extremely good selection of wine and staff is very knowledgeable about what goes good with food you have. From the bar I would recommend Bellini with Passion Fruit. Everything is very nice but Bellinis are very good. Did I say they serve Champagne in breakfast? You should try.
Northolme also sent us to Hilton Labriz for a night. We stayed at the luxurious Ocean-Deluxe villas. We had our own pool and direct connection to the ocean. Labriz was a bit too crowded for our liking, however it was very nice experience.
We did never leave the hotel since every minute seemed very precious. However, we were told it was very nicely located in Mahe Island.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laurangelus
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room, the view from your villa overlooking the Indian Ocean, the cleanliness of your villa, your snorkeling experience and the food selection and overall you’ve had a perfect honeymoon stay with us.

London
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Before I go into the details of my review I should let you know that we didn't stay at this hotel, we stayed locally in self catering which we really enjoyed, but we spent quite a bit of time at the Hilton during numerous visits for meals. We ate in the fine dining restaurant twice (the scallops entree was absolutely divine and really generous size - six scallops and a gorgeous salad) and found the location to be one of the nicest, most romantic and relaxing on the island. The service was excellent, we really enjoyed the sorbet between courses and were impressed with the portion sizes, quality of food and drinks. We also ate twice in the bar, again, portion sizes were good, quality of food was excellent and service top notch. To add to our evening meals, we also had breakfast in the Hilltop Restaurant one morning - which was superb. The range of food was as you would expect in a five star hotel, but with extras - like they prepare fruit and vegetables for you to make fresh juices, and they take your order for eggs, pancakes etc and will bring your hot breakfast to you rather than having to go up to the buffet (this is optional, you can choose your own if you wish). Champagne was free flowing and the coffee was good. Service again was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. The location of the Hilltop restaurant was gorgeous in the morning - waves crashing onto the rocks, the music and ambience, decor and open air theme was super chilled and very relaxing. The beach is small but it's private and that is something special in the Seychelles. The villas look out to the sea, the resort has a very exclusive feel and we both thought it would be a lovely stay for a honeymoon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JATOLondon
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing to dine at Les Cocotiers and the Hilltop Restaurants at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. I hope that you have truly experienced the pure delight of our authentic dishes as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to learn that you were happy with the overall food quality, services provided by the team and the location of the Resort and the Restaurant had an exclusive feel.

My team and I have greatly appreciated all your valuable feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming back to our Resort.

Yours Sincerely,

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We used this hotel as a second island stop during our Seychelles holiday. I must say from the welcome we received at check-in to the point we left, the staff were exceptionally courteous and efficient. The hotel offers some great lodge accommodation especially the Ocean Front option we chose. The restaurants are in a stunning setting and the food was of high standard. We really enjoyed our stay but felt that two points should be mentioned. We opted for a half board upgrade which covered the Hilltop Restaurant. There was an option to dine at their upscale restauarant at extra cost however, I was disappointed that when we did this we found that upgrade deal only entitled us to a 50% discount off the bill which meant we didn't receive the full value of our half board cost against this meal leaving us slightly out of pocket? Of greater annoyance was the fact that a hotel of this grade charges you additionaly for any Wi Fi connection (their sister hotel 'Labriz' does not). Over £8 for an hour! They said at reception this was the minimum cost but the hotel in room information stated you could purchase 15mins at obviously less cost. These two points were our only complaints but overall a good hotel to stay at in Mahe.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andybevrose
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the accommodation at the resort and the food was of high standard.

I have well noticed your two main disappointments and I would like to personally extend my sincere apologies for all the inconvenienced caused. Your valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated and has been shared with my team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Patras, Greece
Reviewed 15 September 2011

An unforgetable hotel, a one in a lifetime experience especially for honeymooners. Everything, every little detail was just perfect. An expencive but 100% worth of value choice. It will ruin every other hotel choice thereafter for you!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you’ve had an unforgettable experience during your honeymoon stay with us. Your valuable feedback has been greatly appreciated and has been shared with the Hilton Seychelles team.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Constance Ephelia
#7 of 35 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,331 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!