My review is rather belated as my husband and I had our honeymoon here in June 2010 but I felt I needed to write a review of the hotel as we had an amazing 3 weeks (too long in The Seychelles in one place but no fault of the hotel)
The hotel rooms are beautiful with every amenity you could wish for - DVD player, Nespresso machine, extensive Crabtree and Evelyn products etc. Fantastic bathroom with huge double ended bath. The buffet restaurant was very good for breakfast, we felt it was very overpriced for lunch and dinner as the food at those times wasn't great. The service by the majority of the staff was superb. My pancakes had been burnt one morning and my yoghurt was slightly out of date and we were given a free lunch at the super fish barbecue which occurs once a week. Food and drink are very expensive here - expect to pay circa £60 for a couple of club sandwiches and a drink (non alcoholic!) at lunchtime, however this is standard across the Seychelles - don't come on any kind of budget and be prepared to remortgage on your return!! Some of the staff were a bit lazy (bar/beach side) but I fear this is because drinks are so ridiculously expensive people don't tip causing them to lack enthusiasm. Spa was gorgeous - I had about three treatments and they were excellent.
I will never forget this holiday, The Seychelles is quite beautiful, the hotel very good. My main advice would be that 10 days is probably long enough as there is very little to do/see (lots of boat trips but the islands are quite far apart/much of a muchness and the sea is quite rough!), hire a car, make sure you go to Moyenne Island and finally be prepared for a heart attack enducing bill at the end but you will have a wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched paradise along the Indian Ocean Your Creole getaway awaits at this hidden treasure - also an inspiration to James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Surrounded by white-sand beaches, tropical gardens and crystal waters, the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa is a true escape. Our villas are perched on stilts, providing gorgeous views and plenty of privacy. An infinity pool, oceanfront dining, a luxurious spa, glass-bottom boat tours - it's just the beginning of your retreat in Beau Vallon Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Hotel Glacis
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort And Spa
- Hilton Glacis
- Glacis Hilton
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa Mahe Island