“Great 3 Night Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
London
“Great 3 Night Stay”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here after a week on Praslin and a week on Bird Island. This was the best hotel by a country mile (although Bird Island is a unique experience).

We had a hilltop room No 210 with spectacular view of the ocean. I could not fault it other than we would have preferred the room to be made up in the morning rather than the afternoon. The room was large, well equipped and I could have happily stayed for weeks. I always try to stay in west facing hotels to enjoy the sunsets and this room and hotel generally were perfect for sunset drinks.

The staff were, without exception, really good, attentive, welcoming and very helpful. The gateman even gave me a plate of mangos each day which were superb. Breakfast was outstanding in terms of ambience, choice and ocean view. I don't like buffets very much (and was bored with them after 2 weeks at other Seychelles hotels) so we ate in the Les Cocotiers restaurant 2 evenings and very good it was too, once indoors and once on the terrace overlooking the beach. The other evening we headed down to La Plage at Beau Vallon which was just as expensive and not as good.

We had one pleasant session at the spa each but the whole place is so relaxing this seemed unnecessary to me.

The beach is small but the snorkelling is good - watch out for the baby reef sharks! Each day we took a kayak out and went along the coast to deserted beaches for sunbathing and snorkelling. We even saw turtles while kayaking.

The pleasure of the Seychelles is the smaller islands but if you want to spend a few days on Mahe this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FDFLONDON
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.com.

We deeply appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We were very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience, your villa, the beach and the service of our team members.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your feedback is shared and discussed with my team to further improve on our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our small paradise.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this amazing resort. We arrived pretty late at night but the staff were very helpful signing us in and taking our bags to our room. We stayed in a hillsde villa which is a double storey house with one unit on top and another on the bottom. Try to get the top unit since you will have an amazing view of the ocean. Breakfast is in the resort's restaurant overlooking the ocean, this was one of the most remarcable places to have breakfast since the food was fantastic and the service was sublime. We were on an early bird breakfast package which cost €305 for 2/night. If you can afford it, include dinner in your package since we were very unimpressed with the quality of food served outside of the hotel. Resturants nearby are very expensive (at least for us coming from South Africa) and don't really capture the 'island feeling'. The hilton has two private beaches that are relatively small, but fantastic for snorkeling. Just remember to bring snorkling shoes since the corel can be quite sharp in some places. Other snorkling gear and kanoos are provide free of charge from the resort. All in all the rooms were fantastic, the service amazing and we will certainly be back to this hotel. Full marks for Hilton Seychelles.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor unit of a hillside villa, you will have amazing ocean views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christiaan_Fouche
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience and I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories of the Villas, the breakfast experience, the beaches, the snorkelling and the Seychelles.

Paris, France
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Firstly arrived and the staff where amazing so welcoming. The private beach at the hotel is sumblime. Went kayaking and was breath taking looking at back at hotel. It is very expensive to stay there. it is in a secluded location to be honest but relaxing is what its all about. The maids cleaning your room do an amazing job. Breakfast over looking the ocean is amazing also , as is the massages. I would say the drinks are very expensive and over priced but thats my only gripe. Take left out the hotel and up the hill about 300 meters there is a small convienence store to meet your needs. Get the hotel to organise the all day taxi tour of the island. lasts about 6 hours and is amazing. Costs around 150 euro. good job hilton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa. I hope that during your stay you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and were able to return home with many happy memories.

Our main objective is to provide you with an exceptional service and overall experience so that you would return to our property and recommend us to family and friends.
Providing your feedback and satisfaction of your stay is of utmost importance to us, to share with our team strength and/or development needs in regards to our quality of service, to create guests loyalty towards the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

I personally thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

Pirot, Serbia
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week here in early November 2013. This is a great property and while we had a few small issues it is a place we would return to without hesitation.

We had arranged for the Hilton to send a car for the ride from the airport to the hotel because we have had a number of issues with taxis over the years. Unfortunately, the hilton did not send their car and we had to call them from the airport and ask for transportation. They called a taxi driver that we assume they use often and he arrived quickly and took us to the hotel. He was nice and charged the taxi fare to the room. It was in the end much cheaper than the quote for the Hilton car so we used this service to return to the airport. I think they will arrange this for anyone but they did not volunteer this option when we inquired about transportation options. So tip number one would be take a taxi to the hotel and expect to pay less than 50 USD each way. Having the hilton arrange seems a viable option but I would double check the confirmation.

The Hilton has an arrival pavilion and we were parked there for twenty minutes on arrival while they tried to figure out who we were and where we were headed. Then we were taken on a quick tour of the property. The property is beautiful and we were impressed.

Although we were not told as much, I think our room was not ready so when the tour ended we were offered a complimentary drink in the bar. I may be wrong, perhaps they buy everyone a drink. The bar overlooks their private beach and is a great place to relax and enjoy the view.

Shortly, we were told that our "room was ready when ever we were" so we finished our second drink and went by golf cart to the room. Our tour guide gave us a brief overview of the room and offered to give us any information needed throughout the stay.

We were upgraded to the Ian Fleming Suite. This may have been because of the airport mix up but I think it is more likely because of our Hilton Honors status. Other reviewers have commented that it is the same footprint as the other ocean view villas and that seems correct. It does have a great view and a private balcony. It is very nice but I would not recommend paying for this upgrade.

So the room, and I assume all the rooms are the same, has a adequate size and nice layout. The bed is at the end of a long living area but you can lay in the bed and look at the ocean. Then there is a L shaped sofa, coffee table, desk, and coffee maker before a wall of windows and door leading to a large balcony overlooking the beach and ocean. Silhouette Island is visible to the right and Beau Vallon to the left. It is a great spot to watch the sunset. The opposite side of the room is dedicated to a large bath with jetted tub, shower, double sinks and private toilet. The room has adequate closet space. The room has hardwood floors, wooded walls, wooden ceiling, etc.. The room is very nice. Tip number two, buy the ocean view room but not the Ian Fleming suite.

Again because we had read other reviews, we opted for the Breakfast and Dinner package. Something I highly recommend if you are planning to eat at the resort. The breakfast buffet is 55 USD per person if you buy it outside of the package. I would assume the dinner buffet is as much or more. So tip number three is buy the breakfast and Dinner package.

We found the food offering at breakfast and dinner to be quite nice. The service was good as well. The view for breakfast is excellent. The dinner view is less impressive but the dinner atmosphere is nice and you can enjoy the breeze and the distant sound of the waves.

The dinner package does not include water or drinks. This seems a bit of a price gouge. While I found the drinks at the bar and the restaurant to be very expensive, I found the wine offering to be moderately priced when ordering by the bottle on the low end of the offering. But nothing less than 50 USD. They offered us coffee or tea at the end of each meal but we never got it so I do not know if it is free or at a charge. The breakfast includes, water, juice, coffee, tea and even sparkling.

The Hilton has a small private beach from which you can swim and/or snorkel. They have snorkeling equipment for free but I would suggest taking your own as their supply is limited and not the best quality. They also have kayaks. The beach is quite nice and above the beach the have a lounge area with chaise lounges and hammocks. A very nice area and atmosphere.

The hilton offers a couple of excursions during the week. One to Beau Vallon and one to the Botanical garden in Victoria. They take the first four people that sign up so if you want to do these things I would register on arrival. Their car is a much easier method to get to both than the bus and much cheaper than a taxi.

The bus is very cheap. Just 5 sey rupees ($0.41) per person for a ride. It is not a ride it is an adventure. Apparently the bus drivers are all aspiring race car drivers. It is a bit like a roller coaster. Seriously, not a good method for anyone with mobility issues. But for the adventurous a nice cheap method of island transport. I recommend going around the north end of the island heading to Victoria. This is longer but a nice view.

All in all the Hilton Northolme is a winner. We looked at the Le Meridian in. Beau Vallon and there is no comparison. We had a great relaxing week.

PS: Just up the street a local store sells beer, wine, snacks, etc.. Walking five minutes could save you a lot of money if you want to have a beer or glass of wine on your balcony. Duty free is also a great option. Enjoy!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jackinbama
Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience.

I am really concerned to read about your dissatisfaction in some circumstances that did not meet with your expectations and I’m sorry you were disappointed. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay, spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation. Your valuable comments have been brought forward to the team and I can assure you that all has been addressed with the appropriate departments.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton. I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stunning resort, the infinity pool is a pearl overlooking sea and mountains. Great resort in the Seychelles with focus in great and personalised service and peace due to small number of villas. The perfect choice for people in search of tranquility. It's a well run hotel and Marc and his team do a great job! Will come back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us at Hilton Northolme.

I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday, and that the resort, the infinity pool, the View and the Service of team members made you feel home away from home.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and rest assured that all your kind feedback has been shared with my team.

It certainly would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Booked a week at this hotel for a special occasion. On arrival, we were impressed with the fantastic location and impressive views of the ocean. After having unpacked in our gorgeous room, we looked forward to a rest in tranquility on our balcony. Our luck was such that we were disturbed by the felling of trees and the sound of pneumatic drills next door. We were informed by the desk manager Sharifa that this work on the construction site next door was no connection with the hotel. We asked to move rooms and this request was kindly granted. Although the interior of the room was quiet, there was constant disruptive noise throughout the day by the pool and the exterior of the hotel, week-end included. We had a suspicion that the construction work was an extension of the Hilton and following further enquiries, it was confirmed that construction work which had just started was connected with the hotel and would be ongoing for several months. We were extremely disappointed that the hotel staff appeared to have misled us. It is a pity that the hotel management breached their hotel value of integrity. During our stay other guests moved rooms and some left the hotel to go to other resorts because they did not wish to have a holiday next to a very noisy construction site. We should add that food and drink is very expensive at this hotel with a buffet for two without drinks costing about £100!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Pipsy2013
RM_HiltonNortholme, General Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.
I was extremely pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your overall vacation experience, with the location and tranquility.

In regards to the disturbance, it is correct that we have tree cutting on the next neighboring land, which was causing the noise.

The owner of Hilton Northolme is cleaning some trees and doing some grounding works but it is not on our property.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you spoiling an otherwise joyful vacation.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here when I visited Mahe. It was only a weekend trip but thanks to Hilton, I really enjoyed it. The room was very nice and bath tub faces the ocean, which is great! The service was excellent, the food was good but I would go out and eat somewhere because it can be a bit monotone. it is about a mile from the public beach where there are shops and restaurants. It is on the hill and roads are very narrow so you cannot walk even though shops are in walking distance. If you stay here, you might wanna rent a car or hire a driver. When you rent a car, make sure you have an automatic transmission if you are not comfortable with manual one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa for your weekend trip.

We deeply appreciate your comments and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Please be advised that your kind feedback has been shared with the whole team.

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Silhouette Island

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!