What a disappointing experience, I am still overwhelmed at how bad this hotel really is, as i'm writing this I actually feel like a whistle blower and really hope I can at least save one very disappointed future honeymoon couple from the same disappointment we have experienced. We are perplexed how this has resort has had good reviews, our best guess it is because the Seychelles itself is so beautiful people have offset this.
In short i'm going to bullet point the timeline of our stay..
-I phoned prior to booking as well as emailed twice to let them know it was our honeymoon and wanted the champagne greeting, it was completely forgotten without apology or optional solution.
-We didn't get a tour of the resort so had to find out all the things they might have wanted to mention ourselves, for example the 25% tax and service charge on top of everything, only noticed this after buying my first gin and tonic and looked at the receipt which came to just over £25 (this was in there normal bar by the way not the restaurant).
-Although we were aware at first booking we had no option but to pay an additional £400 for 'The Christmas Gala Dinner and entertainment' we didn't realize that this included no entertainment,no drinks and was in the same mid range buffet restaurant served in buffet style.
-The service was very slow throughout, even though the whole resort has only 40 villas large. Most of the staff didn't know who we were.
-Everytime we requested things for example calling reception for information, much of the time relating to the above points we were told we would be called back and never received a response, later to find out most of the staff working behind the main desk were interns.
-After consoling with the manager who if I can recall correctly was called Marc/Mark in our brief conversation he mentioned he would get back to us. We received a call not from him but another intern from the front desk offering a vague apology and offered to reimburse us with a complimentary trip back to the airport when we reach the end of the stay, in which we had to decline as obviously we had already arranged and paid for tis before our trip, the member of staff replied they would still like to reimburse us as wanted us to be happy, in which we never received.
-What really took the biscuit was our last evening we were eating next to some other guest who were also on their final night, only to see Marc again, who greeted the family, thanking them 'so much' and exchanging his well wishes' we still are not sure if this was deliberate or not but he completely ignored us, even after this brief exchange and was stood directly next to him at the bar. I can only assume these other guests who appeared higher priority must have spent far more than us.
-The final straw, minutes before our ride to the airport arrives at 5am an anonymous staff member runs towards us in broken English asking us if we had stolen an orange juice from the mini bar, of which i replied no, I was then told i had to write a statement on a piece of people and sign.
If you have already booked this hotel, please don't have a total meltdown! The Seychelles itself is fantastic and if you venture out, as we did you will be surely amazed, please don't expect much from this substandard hotel though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched paradise along the Indian Ocean Your Creole getaway awaits at this hidden treasure - also an inspiration to James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Surrounded by white-sand beaches, tropical gardens and crystal waters, the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa is a true escape. Our villas are perched on stilts, providing gorgeous views and plenty of privacy. An infinity pool, oceanfront dining, a luxurious spa, glass-bottom boat tours - it's just the beginning of your retreat in Beau Vallon Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Hotel Glacis
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort And Spa
- Hilton Glacis
- Glacis Hilton
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa Mahe Island