“Honeymoon at the Hilton Northolme”

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glacis
London, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon at the Hilton Northolme”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Outstanding! Perfect place to start our honeymoon, we were wowed by the privacy and facilities of the villa accommodation- especially the jacuzzi bath and the views from the balcony! The Duniye Spa is out of this world, perfect setting and very experienced staff provided an amazing experience. All staff are very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet offered is just something else! It is a very quiet location and it honestly felt like we were the only couple on the resort at times- perfect if you want the beach all to yourself!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Benjamin T
Vanessa A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Benjamin T,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!!

I am so pleased to read that you loved your stay with us and it was indeed a pleasure for my team and myself to ensure that we looked after you and helped you to create great memories to go back home with.

Hope to see you soon in our beautiful paradise.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Room: Clean, Very Big, amazing bathroom, great veranda, enormous bed, wifi reception was excellent!!! .Meal&Breakfast: Great (Quality, Variety, Quantity), although dessert need some improvement. Pool: clean with great view. Beach: private, very clean and quiet, Sea: crystal clear water (with amazing colorful fishes), Spa: well trained physicians (believe me, they know what they are doing) Gym: Not too big but can support you for a week. Staff: Always with a smile.

Room Tip: If you have a choice to choose, prefer to book an upper level room will give an amazing gulf view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vanessa A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Erimin,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!

It is indeed a pleasure to read such a great feedback from you. My team and I are extremely pleased to learn that you loved your stay at our resort, especially the spa and our great bay for snorkelling.

We hope to see you soon again, so that we can continue to make your stay feel like home away from home.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We have spent 2 days at this Hotel in room 213 and have only positive things to say. We are checking out today and wish we could have stayed longer. Great location, attentive staff, and accommodating to a request for a late check-out. Great restaurants with ocean and sunset views. Immaculate rooms that are well decorated.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eiralch
Dear Eiralch,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolem Resort & Spa!

It was such a pleasure to have you stay at our beautiful resort, and I trust that you have arrived home safely. I am happy to read that you loved your overall stay with us and that you left with great memories. I will definitely share your feedback with the team as they feel great pride in the work that they do.

I do hope to see you soon at Hilton Northolme.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have so many good things to say that i don't even know how to start. I'm picky and hard to please especially when costs are high. Plus we were on honeymoon so it was even more important for us for everything to be perfect. Plus we stayed at many 5 star hotels, in various places, so we are not easily impressed. We stood at the Northolme for 12 nights (our entire honeymoon) and with every day we were even more and more happy with our choice. We are leaving tomorrow but i was so happy about it that i wanted to share our opinion as soon as possible.
So, one by one:
1. APPEARANCE -The hotel is absolutely beautiful from all points of view and it is the first place where the rooms and entire resort look better in real life than in the official pictures.
2. LOCATION - If you are an active person and don't want to just spend all the vacation inside the hotel (which you shouldn't anyway) the position of the hotel is perfect because except for 2 beaches in the south, all main interest points are extremely easy to reach. Please note that no matter where you stay, you will need a car to visit the island. you could easily rent one directly through the hotel because it is well priced and offers full insurance, which other companies don't. Also, their recommended partner was extremely nice, prompt (they brought the car in 20 minutes) and flexible.
3. SERVICES - my favourite :) the staff is incredible. They are so welcoming and helpful and more important , they seem genuinely friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Although everyone was very nice, some of them really made our stay special and made us fall in love with this hotel. Specifically:
EVANS - highest in hierarchy on his shift. We were a bit sad upon arrival, because our luggage got lost, and he tried to cheer us up by giving us the nicest room possible that was available (room 226). Also, every time he got the chance, he went out of his way to make us happy and exceed our expectations. Not to mention he is very, very nice.
JAMES - same position as Evans, on the other shift. After we decided to use their recommended car company, he arranged everything in no time and in just about half an hour we had our car ready to go. Every time we met with him he tried to make us happy or laugh by saying things in our native language (which is romanian, so this never happens :) all in all, he was also wonderful!
WILLIAM - i think he is highest in hierarchy in the ocean front bar, or if not, he should be. He was so attentive with us and made sure everything is absolutely perfect. He is extremely nice to talk to and his genuine big smile and kind eyes just light up the place and give it even more charm. He did everything to take care of us, and we absolutely loved him!
SHEENO - he is at the ocean front bar and does the best cocktails ever (the hotel has award winning cocktails, you should try it!) also, he remembered every time how i like my pina colada extra creamy. Plus he is also very nice and friendly.
PRECIOUS - also at the ocean front bar. She was so nice with us and made sure we receive everything just as we wanted, even when we had weird requests for modifying some courses to be more in our taste. She was also very very nice and made me feel comfortable again when i spilled my pina colada all over the table and floor once, and made sure i got another one immediately without charging it. She is also a lovely presence.
MARVEL - at the front desk. She was super nice every time but once really surprised me. We were leaving for a short photo session and we were in a hurry because we already kept the photographer waiting. I didn't have any flowers so i asked if i could take one from the reception decoration. After leaving towards the car she came literally running after us with a fresh flower bouquet.
CLARA - front desk. What a joy to remember her smile! She was also very skilful in explaining all the points to see on the island, giving us advice and making sure we get the best solution for our trip to La Digue (she arranged everything and sent everything we needed to our room).
OKSANA - also front desk. She was always very nice and helpful and what made her stand out was her very lovely presence and big genuine smile no matter how late or what we wanted.

Also every time we left or returned to the hotel the security at the entrance waved smiling.
If we had a hotel we would definitely hire all these wonderful people!

4. FOOD - we ate almost every day here because the prices are similar or sometimes even lower than in the local restaurants, but the food quality and service was without doubt superior. We had the chance to try out most of the menu and everything was very nice. We especially loved the calamari salad, fisherman pasta and beef burger. We haven't tried the buffet or Le Cocotier because we liked most the atmosphere at the ocean front bar.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the hotel offers wifi, snorkelling equipment, canoe and transfer to Beau Vallon beach free of charge.
In our opinion this hotel is a much better option than other 5 star hotels in Mahe.
And to be honest, in our almost 2 weeks stay, we never heard noise from the construction site when we were near It :)

Overall it was a wonderful experience for us and although there were of course small minuses, they were unnoticeable compared to how great everything was, and to how wonderful these people were, which made the difference.

Room Tip: Hilltop villas look the same as ocean front villas and actually might have a better view as they are...
7 Thank PatriciaArb86
Vanessa A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear PatriciaArb86,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!!

It is indeed a pleasure to hear from you and all your wonderful comments regarding the services that we offer at our resort, and also the service quality of our team members, in particular Evans, Oksana, Lucy, James, William, Sheeno, Precious, Marvel & Clara. Your feedback has definitely been forwarded to them and their respective department heads.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you went back home with wonderful memories to shaer to your friends and family.

My team and I hope to see you soon.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After traveling over 45 hours from Los Angeles we were beyond thrilled to arrive in the Seychelles for our 5 nights at the Hilton. We were warmly welcomed and floored by the beauty of our room. We just could not be more excited to be there and this was the part of our trip that we intended to do our relaxing, and what a perfect location it was for that. The villa had unobstructed ocean views, even though we were in a "hilltop villa" we felt like we had the best location (room 222) because you really could not see the neighbors.

The beach on the property may be small but it provides a lovely location for relaxing, and the hotel maintains plenty of beach gear for its guests to use and enjoy. It was very nice not having to lug fins and snorkels across the world for the handful of times we were able to just borrow from the hilton. They even had Kayaks on hand and we appreciated not being charged to take it out. One day we actually took the Kayak down to Beau Vallon and pulled it right up onto the sand while we went and had cocktails at a bar on the beach, a great adventure!

The staff are all very caring and you can tell they are very interested in making sure you are comfortable and enjoying your stay. Everyone was a true delight and we thank you for making our stay so lovely.

The food was the major downfall at this property. We actually befriended several other couples at the resort along the way at it somewhat became the running topic of conversation just how off the mark the property was with the food quality and service. We actually felt somewhat offended by the price of the meals vs. the quality. We dont mind paying high ticket prices when it feels like you are getting a worthy product but that was not the case. The staff is so nice and caring, and the dining locations are so amazing and breathtaking, that you never want to say anything, but management is not setting them up for success and we felt so bad about that. We would ask "how is the tuna prepared" or "is there mayo on this chicken" and nobody knew the answers to anything, ever. The hotel gives you a coupon for a free high tea, but it took about three people to come by and explain what that entailed once we went to use that voucher. The funny thing is that everything is always so vacant, and the staff are just standing around in groups of four most of the time, I wonder why the free time is not being spent learning the menu really well. It does sound like they are getting a new executive chef coming in so hopefully this will all be cleared up for future visits.

I have to say I was very displeased that first day when I went to get in that pool that I had been dreaming about and it was beyond freezing. I guess thats why nobody ever went in it. I dont need water to be heated to a bath tub, but It was freezing cold and thus we ignored the pool the rest of the stay because even with the warm air the pool was way to cold to enjoy.

I am a hilton diamond member and we were on the first stop of our honeymoon. I actually never really except anything to be done by management in celebration of such things, but was a bit surprised in hindsight that nothing was actually done to note the occasion since every other establishment (even places we only stayed one night) did something to mark the occasion. Clearly there were many other honeymooners but two glasses of champagne and a welcome note can go a long way, especially for a staff that seemed to have alot of excess time on their hands.

All that said you are in paradise an its easy to nit-pick about little things anywhere but we would gladly return and we hope that this property continues to to do well make some adjustments so that it lives up to the perfection it is capable of. We were told that the 40 villas were all occupied (of course then we were told six were closed b/c of the construction) but it felt very quiet and private the entire time, which is exactly what we were looking for in our stay.

2 Thank Katie M
Dear Katie M,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa.

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our resort! I trust that you also left the resort with some wonderful memories to share with friends and family.

It was a pleasure to read that you really appreciated our team members and that they ensured that you felt cared for. I have forwarded this feedback to the various departments so that the team receives your feedback, as they will be truly pleased. I have also forwarded your comments regarding the food and the other points.

I thank you for your feedback, as it is through your feedback that we can ensure our guests' expectations are met and exceeded.

Wishing you a pleasant day.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After staying at the lovely Constance Lemuria on Praslin, we made the hop over to Mahe for the second week of our trip. The rooms and views at the Northolme were wonderful; we picked it on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews and it didn't disappoint.

A small caveat for anyone thinking about staying there. The beaches are small, which seems a shame in the Seychelles, although with a small in-house guest list, you never feel overcrowded. The food was rubbish at the time we visited and staff 'forgot' a dinner reservation, which worked out fine since we ended up discovering a lovely restaurant downtown instead. One of the other highlights for me was the location, since there was a lot going on in the city and we went out frequently.

For divers, Ocean Dream Divers took good care of us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahReth
Dear Sarah Reth,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!!

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are so pleased to have had you with us. I would like to also thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel and the rooms. This has been shared to the whole team. I have indeed read your comments in regards to the food and I have shared it to the F&B and Food Production Team.

It is our wish to ensure that all are guests are looked after and that their expectations are met.

I do hope to see you again in Seychelles

Germany
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been to the Hilton Northolme Resort & Spa in July 2014.

The resort is located at the road between Beau Vallon Bay and Glacis; it takes only 5 min by car to Beau Vallon Bay. Rooms/bungalows are wonderfully positioned along the hillside and waterfront within and surrounded by beautiful vegetation. In the evenings, you can hear an amazing bird choir as Mynahs seem to use the trees in and around the resort as their „sleeping trees“.

We experienced the whole staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.

Dinner is served at the hilltop restaurant as a buffet with changing themes (Italian, Indian, North African and other) every evening and provides a quite good variety of choices, also for vegetarians (tell the staff if you are vegetarian, the cook will prepare something extra). We also loved the Ocean View Bar located next to the restaurant with a very nice terrace, excellent views of the beach, sea and the sunset over Silhouette Island. Try the vegetarian curry, very tasteful, also the pizza.

I enjoyed a treatment at the Duniye Spa of the resort. A 60 min massage for 1500 Seychelles Rupees, around 100 Euro. Expensive, but great, I felt deeply released from a lot of pain that bothered me along days before. Recommended!

All in all, we enjoyed our time here and can recommend staying at this place.

1 Thank TravelSiMa
Vanessa A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear TravelSima,

Greetings from Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa!!

It was such a pleasure to read that you really appreciated your stay with us, and that you left with such amazing memories. We feel so happy and proud to receive such feedbacks from our guests and I have indeed shared it to my team and fellow colleagues.

We strive to ensure that we meet our guests' expectations and ensure that they are satisfied throughout their stay.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you at our resort and we hope to see you soon.

Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glacis
Banyan Tree Seychelles
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!