On arrival at Hilton was welcomed at arrival pavilion where formalities were finalised then taken to our oceanfront villa. It was very spacious with large balcony overlooking ocean towards Beau Vallon. Later we were taken on a tour of the property by our hostess. We ate that first evening in the bar and found it extremely expensive and everything had 20% on top of price! We were the only ones in the bar and thought it must be because of the early time, but as the holiday went on there was never many people there at all even though the hotel had entertainment on (playing to themselves a lot of the time). There was never any atmosphere there so we didn't use it as much as we would have done especially if prices were less expensive or even if they had a happy hour. We did use our balcony a lot in the evenings. There is a small supermarket just outside the property where we bought juices,etc (check on dates as we found quite a few out of date items). The staff were very friendly and pleasant and the breakfast was the usual extensive Hilton fair. We were on bed and breakfast and ate out all evenings except first one.
Internet has to be paid for (only Hilton we have stayed in where you have to pay to access emails) but be warned it is extremely slow, it took a minimum of 5 minutes to load onto emails.
Besides the prices the other gripe we had was the child policy. Apparantly children under 13 not allowed (as stated on their website), but whilst we were there there was always children from 8 months upwards. If I had booked because of their child policy I would have been extremely annoyed. The property is not suitable for young people or people with difficulty walking as it is very steep in places and there are a lot of steps, particularly if staying in a hillside villa.
We did however find the hotel very relaxing, it had a lovely infinity pool which we used a lot. The beach area was rather small but this didn't bother us. After hiring a car and touring the island for a day we felt that the Hilton was probably best placed of all of the top hotels because of its closeness to Beau Vallon. Some of the other hotels on the island had better beaches (although you couldn't go in the water on some because of the current) but there wasn't anything near to them so you were stuck unless you had a car or paid for a taxi. We walked to Beau Vallon (approx 20 mins) which had a few places to eat and a lovely beach then got a taxi back. We used the buses (stop right outside property) which were very cheap and you can get to most of the island on them.
All in all we had a wonderful holiday but found the Island expensive (particularly as a lot of things are in Euros), food and drinks at the Hilton very overpriced and they don't stick to their policies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched paradise along the Indian Ocean Your Creole getaway awaits at this hidden treasure - also an inspiration to James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Surrounded by white-sand beaches, tropical gardens and crystal waters, the Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa is a true escape. Our villas are perched on stilts, providing gorgeous views and plenty of privacy. An infinity pool, oceanfront dining, a luxurious spa, glass-bottom boat tours - it's just the beginning of your retreat in Beau Vallon Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort And Spa
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Hotel Glacis
- Hilton Glacis
- Glacis Hilton
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa Mahe Island