Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
US$232
US$335
US$250
Agoda.com
Clef des Iles(Mahe Island)
US$341
US$317
Agoda.com
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
US$426
TripAdvisor
Romance Bungalows(Beau Vallon)
Hotels.com
1,277 results
All reviewsocean viewbeau vallonhilltop restaurantour honeymooninfinity poolles cocotiershilton seychellesoceanfront villasmall beachsilhouette islandindian oceangrand oceanwonderful hotelcoffee machinehead chefbuffet restaurantthe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We actually stayed here early Dec 2008

Upon arrival day we checked-in in the VIP bungalow. We were offered champagne or fruit juices while waiting. Everything went smoothly and we got the upper floor on the bungalow (which we asked for) next door. The room was stunning! Flowers everywhere and there were complementary fruits and drinks.

HH VIP members get gifts like sun hats, one free drink and a free 20 minute treatment at the SPA. Maybe this is applicable to ALL guests, I don't know?

In the room you have an espresso machine easy to use. There’s a DVD-player and flat screen TV. There’s a library where you can borrow somewhat old DVD-films. The balcony has a small table for two (make sure to order room service one night – even if the dishes are poor) and two sun chairs (the mattresses stinks :( ). Don’t leave leftovers outside – birds will wake you up early! EARLY ;)

The bathroom holds a walk-in-shower and a Jacuzzi with a view! Stay on the upper unit in these bungalows to get full benefit since there are many trees surrounding. There are some bungalows to the right of the reception hall that takes a long climb – maybe the climb is well-worth it since they are higher up and therefore have better view. Every night at turn down there was a little gift.

Make sure to have breakfast included since it is €30 per person otherwise (2008)! On the other hand the champagne is free at breakfast! As always at Hilton Worldwide resorts the breakfast buffet is GREAT. And at this resort you get the best view you can imagine!

There are 2-3 restaurants on site - one really fancy (super nice staff) and one serving buffets with different themes every night (some dishes was served every night though – so the difference wasn’t that big). The third one closed really early, so it was never an option for dinner. They had outdoor’s movie night twice a week – but being windy season in December they couldn’t show the films.

The beach is small but you can easily access nearby beaches by local bus. The snorkeling around the hotel area is good enough if you are a beginner. You can rent snorkeling equipment at the hotel. Otherwise try to go on a snorkeling cruise with any of the companies. The hotel also arranged champagne cruises once a week which was really nice. Unfortunately we had clouds hiding the sunset, but the snorkeling was well worth the bucks (euros)!

The SPA is really beautiful and the staff is very friendly.

Being Hilton it is pricy - 5€ for beers and 3€ for sodas. This is also the prices when ordering by the poolside. Stay around the pool at noon and 3 pm when complementary drinks or fruits are served.

We had VISA and € in cash – you can exchange to local currency at the hotel (about 100 rupees for 10€). There is an extra tax for tourists in the Seychelles – in Dec 2008 it was 10% on food and beverages. Being a tourist you pay with Euro almost everywhere – except for local markets and supermarkets and taxi (takes both) and bus. Taxi from capital Victoria to hotel was approx 150 rupees, one way bus tickets was 3 rps, coke at the supermarket was abt 15 rps. Just outside the hotel area if you walk a few minutes to the left there is a convenient store.

The downside is that you are more or less forced to eat the hotel site restaurants, because it is nothing else nearby.

I see so many nice photos showing the rooms - ours looked the same. So I have only attached photos from the hotel area, excluding the room.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The Hilton Northolme is a wonderful, memorable place to stay. The attention to detail and the beautiful surrounds ensure an idyllic getaway. It's a real luxury, but worth every cent. From a picky traveller like myself, that is high praise indeed!
When we arrived, our bed had flowers laid on it, and the word 'WELCOME' was spelled out in palms. Flowers were arranged on the clean white coverings of our drinking glasses. It's as though everything had an extra thought put into it.
Our bathroom was the biggest I have ever had, and the décor was exquisite . Having a shower overlooking the Indian Ocean must be up there with the once in a lifetime experience.
Breakfast overlooked the Indian Ocean and in the distance, Silhouette Island could be seen. It really is a majestic sight to behold. The beaches on Mahe are breathtaking and the sunsets over Silhouette Island are to die for. As we had only 5 nights, sadly Silhouette Island was another island we did not have time to visit.
We received a couple's massage while facing the one of the best views I had ever seen. The beautiful scenery of the Seychelles is something that could sell itself, but add to that the helpful staff and the friendly Seychellois people, and the experience becomes truly unforgettable.
Every night instead of the usual chocolates, we were given a different package. On the first night, it was local saffron and chilli on a flame tree pod, next night it was tea wrapped in a coconut fibre and on another night we received incense on a traveller's tree leaf. Every night I could not wait to get back to our suite to see what they left.
The roads in the Seychelles are very, very hilly and you could either hire a car like we did, or use the Hilton VIP service. Alternatively they will ask a tour company to pop in and go through the options that will best suit you

This had been one of the best places I have ever stayed. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We spent 2 weeks in the Oceanside Villa and it was pure paradise after a couple of days of chilling out. We arrived at 7am and our room was available only at 2pm and we did get a bit fed up but it was well worth the wait. The bathroom (jacuzzi and shower) is really luxurious, especially as you have the most beautiful view of the Indian Ocean whilst having a shower. The veranda was super, overlooking the Ocean once again & the lapping or the crashing of the waves (we never closed the doors, it was always too warm & we hate air conditioning) was music to the soul. Quality toiletries were delivered daily, petals arranged on the bed, nespresso capsules and tea etc were refilled, 2 small bottles of water were offered daily, little local handcraft gifts & a bit of reading about the island or the customs were put on the bed every evening, daily news, anti mosquito things to burn (we never saw or heard any mosquitoes though).... The large majority of the personnel are absolutely super, smiling, friendly, chatty, and always ready to help. The European girls at the reception are not as friendly as the European/Seychellois staff at the Hilltop Restaurant or the Bar but still nice. The food's very ordinary (but beautifully made up, a delight to the eyes) and you must try the candle lit dinner on the beach before leaving the hotel. It’s a dream. Prab decorates it in a most glorious way, petals, flowers, lights, candles ….. Discuss the tailor made meal you want with the lovely Scottish/German Chef beforehand. The cocktails were far too sweet for me and needed (more) alcohol for my liking. Even though the 40 villas were all booked, we never saw very many people which is really nice. The two small beaches disappear when the tide's high but that's no problem. There are lounge chairs on the rock above. Go to Praslin and The Digue for the day for long beautiful sandy beaches. Beauvallon beach, about 10 mins by car is okay. Hire a car, about 40 euros for the day. Well worth it. Busses are super the first time but they take forever to get from one place to the next. We had a few things we weren't too pleased with and the Director was very open to our criticisms and even allowed us to check out at 6pm (plane at 2am!) rather than at 12. I didn't try the spa, lack of time, just the second day as a 20 min massage was offered. The buffet's are worth going to (about 40 euros per person), they're nothing extraordinary apart from the Indian buffet, cooked by a real Indian, but it works out cheaper than going into "town" by taxi and the food. Wine's start at around 20 euros a bottle. Have a meal at the Marie Antoinette in Victoria, the capital and the Indian Restaurant in the Coral Strand Restaurant in Beauvallon. They're good. The BoatHouse in Beauvallon is very ordinary but is worth going to for its wonderful atmosphere , & eating pizzas or hamburgers in the Seychelles ( I did not do that, but they're everywhere) seems sinful rather than eating creole food. I must admit that when I arrived at the Resort, I found there were too many very young inexperienced people working there but once I got to know them, I found them all so very charming and forgave them the numerous mistakes they made (upon serving, the bills, forgotten items, not knowing quite a few things about etiquette, clumsiness etc). It's true that the waiters and waitresses whether in the resort’s restaurants or bars are not the type you would find at all in for example, Reid's Palace Hotel in Madeira or the Ritz in Madrid (we were in both last year) but I came to be very fond of them in the end and I was most touched when they, sincerely I'm sure, said I was a lovely client. Don’t forget to claim the fruits skewers offered at 3 because if I hadn’t asked, nobody would have got any! There’s equally a complimentary tea time offered (cake, banana flambé…) but the waitress (yet another new face who’d arrived) told me, mistakenly, that I couldn’t have the cake “free” if I didn’t pay for tea or coffee. As I had just had a cup of coffee at the villa, I didn’t fancy another one and I was so shocked at hearing this that I never want back there again. I preferred to do without. However, all in all, it was a wonderful 2 week holiday even though the huge majority of the clients were young honeymoon couples and I did feel a bit out of place and old sometimes!! Not in my head though!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed for 5 nights in our honeymoon and enjoyed every minute of it. Service was excellent with almost all hotel employees being helpful, polite and kind. Almost everyone greeted and smiled every time we met. We received complimentary deserts and drinks everyday. Our villa was excellent with ocean view, total privacy and comfortable amenities. The design of the villa and overall hotel complex was well thought out and was environmentally friendly. An amazing variety of plants and trees were around us. The food was also very good. Many different cuisines were available in an open-buffet form.

Overall Seychelles and Hilton Northolme Resort was an excellent choice for us and would like to go there again as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hielcioglu
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We spent our last three nights in this lovely hotel on Mahe. I would definitely recommend it. The rooms are much better than they appear on the web site with spacious balcony and large bathrooms.
The bar has a great atmosphere (playing a little bit of r&b and pop in the evenings for your sundowner) and the little beach is cute with loads of fish to spot for snorkeling. If you wanted to, you could chat to other people here (we didn't find that about other 5 star hotels in Seychelles). It's not exclusively a honeymoon venue, we got the feeling some people were just on a (really nice) holiday.
My hubbie & I were sorry we didn't spend an extra day here. It was the perfect way to start to make the transition from gorgeous honeymoon isolation back to real life.
Enjoy if you go!