“Over priced and under quality”
Review of Sboros Restaurant

Sboros Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 148 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family owned and operated, Sboro's Restaurant has been a dining destination in the north country for over 25 years. Come in and enjoy a glass of wine or specialty martini before dining on a variety of chicken, seafood, pasta or steak dishes. We have a comfortable lounge featuring a full bar menu and an intimate dining room perfect for a business dinner, date night, family or friends dinner.
“Over priced and under quality”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here for a date night as we had wanted to try the restaurant for a while. I had the rack of lamb and she had lobster bisque. The bisque came out cold, and rather than wait another 20 minutes for them to return with a new bowl, she decided she would just eat it. The lamb was well cooked, but the chef has no idea how to make a lamb dish. Lamb is already a hearty and earthy dish, and they use some kind of meat gravy which made it very bitter and gamey. We spent over 120 for something that should have cost us 40. Save your money and go to the olive garden or cavalarios cucino (sorry if that's not spelled right).

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Joshua S

Massena, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Best Steak I've ever eaten"”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I have lived in the noth country all our lives and have been to the mother Hub of the north country (Watertown) many many times and never knew of Sboros restaurant. On a whim for our 28th wedding anniversary 5/3/14 we went and enjoyed every bite. I had the special,a 28oz porterhouse steak with peppercorns and melted crumbly blue cheese and my bride had the chicken marcela. WOW. Thank you Sboros you are our new go to place for special occasions,I hope it's as long and lasting as me and my bride.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Teddy M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected a lot more!!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Upscale restaurant for watertown, ny but that all went down from the moment we walked in where we had a reservation for 12 and the hostess was talking on the phone to her neighbor. We stood right in front of her and she never acknowledged us. So we happened to look around the restaurant and found some of our party already seated so we sat ourselves!! Not impressed for upscale restaurant. Went to order and they were out of baked potatoes, it was 6:30 on a Saturday again not impressed!!! Will not be returning to this establishment :(

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Household6km
“Melt in your mouth excellence”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went here for Valentine's day never been before thought we would try it everything was excellent from beginning to end didn't know what we had been missing out on will definitely come back

• Visited February 2014
Watertown, New York
“NEVER disappointed”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have been dining at Sboro's for many years. Whether for a special occasion or just a casual "night out", it is ALWAYS delicious. Thanks to Art & Heather, Artie and all the staff, from bartenders to kitchen and wait staff for always putting the customer first!

• Visited January 2014