“It Worked”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Ottawa, Canada
“It Worked”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I booked this hotel through hotels.com because of the rate (and free breakfast), for a quick spontaneous night over Easter weekend.

The room - could get it nice and cold (excellent)
The bed - king size (nice), was comfy
The bathroom - tiny - but the water was hot and plentiful
The walls - paper thin - this hotel is known for this.
The breakfast - typical for a free breakfast - it filled the spot
The cofffee - some of the best I've ever had in a hotel
The staff - the night auditor - we had a great chat. She was amazing.

Would we come back to this hotel - for the price. Yes.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that with the exception of the thin walls & tiny bathroom you enjoyed everything we had to offer. I will pass your comments about Gina our auditor on to her so she knows what a great job she is doing. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Jeri McInnis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ottawa
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed one night at the Best Western Carriage House Inn, Watertown, NY. Because of an injury, I travel with my own therapeutic pillow ($150). Unfortunately, this time I forgot the pillow in the room when we checked out. Upon returning home, I called the hotel to see if they could return my pillow - offering to pay the shipping cost. But apparently my pillow could not be found. I guess someone on staff found it to their liking...

The room was shabby and dated, but reasonably clean. Altough we booked a non-smoking room, there was a strong smell of smoke. When we complained, a staff member sprayed the room (!). The bathroom was very small, the breakfast buffet was only so-so, and there were no eggs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann P
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a response about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not all that it could have been. I have spoken to my executive houskeeper about your theraputic pillow. She does have one, but we are unsure if it is yours. Please let me know which room you were in and if we have the right pillow we will send it out at no expense to you. I would also like to apologize that our staff did not offer to move you to another room when you mentioned the strong odor of smoke. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to give you a great experience. I would be happy to book your next reservation personally to ensure that you are taken care of.

Ontario
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hi, just got back from a weekend getaway to Watertown. We love staying at the Carriage House Inn...it's older but in a classic way...and it is super duper clean! We live just across the border and like coming over to hit the Cracker Barrel, Ponderosa, and TJ Maxx that we just don't get in Ontario. We've had super friendly staff such as Angela and Gina help us choose our room.
Treat yourself to suites like 155 and 154 if they're available...155 with a canopy bed is especially romantic! 2 free internet stations are right across from check in, and the free breakfast in the morning is great. You can also choose a free movie to watch in your room on the DVD players hooked up to 42 inch flat screen TVs. The hotel location is close to everything in Watertown...even if you want to check out Sackett's Harbour. So thanks to all at the Best Western Carriage House Inn...James and Erin will be back soon!

Room Tip: be sure to upgrade to a King suite if available...worth every penny...you'll see!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James717
CANADICE NY
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Recently my spouse and I found ourselves at the Samaritian Medical Center down the road from this hotel for a family emergency. This place was a bright light at the end of our tunnel. Staff was extremely courteous and accomodating with late arrivals and uncertian departure times. Everything was very clean, the room, the pool, and the restaurant. Although we were here unexpectedly for an emergency, it is the half way point to where other family members live. I will not hesitate to suggest a half way meeting point for a pleasant visit at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff is doing everything they can to accommodate our guests. We look forward to having you and your family with us in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

gatineau
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We like to stay at this hotel when we come shopping in Watertown. The rate is cheap, the personnel is very friendly and we have a fairly decent breakfast for free. We found the room (with a king size bed) to be very small. It was OK considering that we did not spend much time in the bedroom.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us was. I am happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when you come shopping in Watertown. Please ask for one fo our larger king rooms on your next visit such as 212 of 342. If I can be of assistance during your next reservation please let me know.

Corning, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I arrived Feb 17. We had a room on the 3rd floor and is was clean. Bathroom is very small but OK. Again it was clean. New bathtub tile, but sink, wallpaper area needed to be redone. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Dinner at Savory was good, also. They do need a PLEASE WAIT TO BE SEATED sign because it's not clear where to go. Some customers sat, waited, and left because they were not waited on. The waitresses were moving quickly but couldn't keep up, it seemed. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was. I am very pleaseed to hear that you found your room clean and that the staff were all friendly. I have passed your comments on to the restaurant about the seating sign. I also wanted to let you know that we are working on finalizing plans to update the bathrooms. We hope to see you on your next trip to Watertown.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Everyone at this hotel was nice and genuine. They wanted to make your stay nice. Free Breakfast was nice and good food. 42 inch TV was nice. However Condition of the room we stayed in was Poor at best. Wall paper was peeling from the walls at every seam. Many stains on the wall paper, such as had water leakage.Bathroom was wall papered over tile, with wall paper ripping off. Bath tub was dirty. No bathroom fan. Shower had no water pressure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank nyfamily1234
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review concerning your recent stay with us. We strive to make every experience at our hotel a positive one and I am sorry that we let you down. Our owners are working on finalizing renovation plans for our guest rooms, but we do not as yet have an exact timeline. I would like the opportunity to make this stay right for you as well as getting my staff to make what repairs they can in the room you stayed in. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email so that we can discuss your stay with us in more detail.

315-782-8000