“Great Two Nights”

Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We checked in at this location on Saturday the 14th April and stayed until Monday the 16th. Our reservations were made through the Best Western web site. After making the reservation we called the hotel direct and they managed to accomodate our family by giving us a connecting room for the first night as we needed two rooms. Any of our requests were dealt with professionally and quickly. There have been upgrades since we last stayed here. The pool was very nice and the temperature was comfortable. The exercise room looks to have new equipment, but did not use. The buffet breakfast was not as good as in previous years but did the trick, and was included, which was a plus. Our room was of a good size and comfortable, and clean. The washroom was a bit small, but not an issue. All in all we had an enjoyable stay and would recommend this place to anyone. we had a great weekend away with family and enjoyed the shopping and all the great places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review for your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you noticed the improvements we have made to the property. I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate your requests and that you found the rooms comfortable and clean. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Rooms were outdated..toilets were cramped against wall. Beds not comfortable at all. Pretty clean eye level and below..they need to dust light fixtures and pictures. Room curtains need to be room darkening. It stated heated pool and it was not. It does have a sauna but the girls and guys are separated? Can't go in with my husband.
Dogs were barking at 7am very loud. Do not get room street side very noisy..

• Stayed: April 2012
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us was. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. I have had my engineering department look into the pool temperature and the water is currently at 78 degrees. It is possible that fresh water had been recently added and had not reached this temperature. We are in the process of installing new drapery in all guest rooms, however our current drapery does also include blackout curtains so I am not sure why your room would not have had them. We are also worrking on renovation plans for our guest rooms, but these have not been finalized yet. I hope you will consider giving us another chance if you are in Watertown again.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Decent room for short money, less than $100 a night, all taxes, etc., with AAA cut. Clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel's dated, but clean. A/C heater has very little wiggle room, it's either too hot or too cold. Beds comfy, nothing spectacular. Breakfast included and it's passabler, again nothing to write home about, big steam trays of sometimes rubbery scrambled eggs and dried-out homefried taters, but nothing you'd blanche at. Great bar there as well, drinks reasonable and again, staff very friendly.
Best part of the hotel is location, right downtown near anything you'd want to be near. Fort Drum was the reason I was there, and it's only a 10-minute car ride up the road.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review for our property. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly. I am working on the breakfast and HVAC items that you mentioned with my staff so that we can make improvements in these areas. IWe look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I would never ever come back to this best western ever. THe roomms were old and outdated i wanted to leave but everyone else said it was ok and then we found the bugs in the bed and were out of that moteln faster then you could say "see ya".

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

First let me apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are an older building, but have renovated all of our public areas within the past two years. Our owners are currently negotiating the renovation of our guest rooms, but I do not have a definate date scheduled. Our guest rooms are inspected thoroughly every month for bugs and we have had no issues reported. I also have no record of any bug issues being reported in December. We take these issues very seriously and have strict guidelines we follow if there is even the slightest suggestion that there is a problem. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, but I am curious as to why you waited several months to post your review for our property.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I booked this hotel through hotels.com because of the rate (and free breakfast), for a quick spontaneous night over Easter weekend.

The room - could get it nice and cold (excellent)
The bed - king size (nice), was comfy
The bathroom - tiny - but the water was hot and plentiful
The walls - paper thin - this hotel is known for this.
The breakfast - typical for a free breakfast - it filled the spot
The cofffee - some of the best I've ever had in a hotel
The staff - the night auditor - we had a great chat. She was amazing.

Would we come back to this hotel - for the price. Yes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that with the exception of the thin walls & tiny bathroom you enjoyed everything we had to offer. I will pass your comments about Gina our auditor on to her so she knows what a great job she is doing. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed one night at the Best Western Carriage House Inn, Watertown, NY. Because of an injury, I travel with my own therapeutic pillow ($150). Unfortunately, this time I forgot the pillow in the room when we checked out. Upon returning home, I called the hotel to see if they could return my pillow - offering to pay the shipping cost. But apparently my pillow could not be found. I guess someone on staff found it to their liking...

The room was shabby and dated, but reasonably clean. Altough we booked a non-smoking room, there was a strong smell of smoke. When we complained, a staff member sprayed the room (!). The bathroom was very small, the breakfast buffet was only so-so, and there were no eggs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann P
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a response about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not all that it could have been. I have spoken to my executive houskeeper about your theraputic pillow. She does have one, but we are unsure if it is yours. Please let me know which room you were in and if we have the right pillow we will send it out at no expense to you. I would also like to apologize that our staff did not offer to move you to another room when you mentioned the strong odor of smoke. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to give you a great experience. I would be happy to book your next reservation personally to ensure that you are taken care of.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hi, just got back from a weekend getaway to Watertown. We love staying at the Carriage House Inn...it's older but in a classic way...and it is super duper clean! We live just across the border and like coming over to hit the Cracker Barrel, Ponderosa, and TJ Maxx that we just don't get in Ontario. We've had super friendly staff such as Angela and Gina help us choose our room.
Treat yourself to suites like 155 and 154 if they're available...155 with a canopy bed is especially romantic! 2 free internet stations are right across from check in, and the free breakfast in the morning is great. You can also choose a free movie to watch in your room on the DVD players hooked up to 42 inch flat screen TVs. The hotel location is close to everything in Watertown...even if you want to check out Sackett's Harbour. So thanks to all at the Best Western Carriage House Inn...James and Erin will be back soon!

Room Tip: be sure to upgrade to a King suite if available...worth every penny...you'll see!