“Watertown Family Expo” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Clifton Springs, New York, United States
“Watertown Family Expo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were looking for an affordable hotel to stay while we were working the Watertown Family Expo.. We were pleased with the Best Western Carriage House Inn.... The staff were very friendly
and accommodating ...we had planned on eating at different restaurants around the town and ended up eating all of our meals at the hotel... Very good food ..
We were told the rooms were going to be renovated starting the next day...Can't wait to come back next year to see the finished project. Thank you ...Don and Linda

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. I'm glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, Savory Downtown and am very excited about the renovations that started this week. Our staff is also anxious to see the finished product. We look forward to seeing you next year for the Expo.

Jeri McInnis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Ava, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is the second time we had a play date here with our grandchildren. Each time Corrie checked us in and our visits just get better and better. Due to the fact that I have to work Easter, we got together with our kids and grandkids the weekend before. They love to swim in the pool and then we have pizza. Corrie hid the Easter eggs at the front desk, then let us hide them all over the lobby. We placed paper bunny prints all the way up the hallway from our room. Corrie then called our room. We had our grand daughter answers the phone. Corrie asked her if she had seen the Easter Bunny in the hallway. She played it up soooooo well. Delila looked out the hallway and screamed "He was here?" All the kids ran out the door, down the hallway to the lobby for the Easter Egg Hunt. She was fabulous! She thanked us for making her night. Really??? Thank you soooo much to her and the great staff at this hotel including Chris at checkout. Don't think that everyone in the NYS Dept. of Corrections and our unions are not going to find out about this great hotels where memories are made. Watch out Disney! The Best Western Watertown has got it going on...

Room Tip: You can't go wrong at this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing this experience from your recent stay with us. We try to hire only the best personalities for our staff and I completely agree that Corrie is great. I am so glad that she was able to assist you in making this visit memorable. I have posted this for all of our staff to see and Corrie has been given the title of Star of the Week. This is an internal reward system that we have for employees that go above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for spreading the word about our wonderful staff and we look forward to seeing for your next scheduled play date with your grandchildren.

Ony
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Carriage House Inn in Watertown NY for 1 night. We were in town to shop and wanted an affordable hotel. We were not expecting too much, but were pleasantly surprised to find this great hotel. Although the hall rugs were a little old, the bedrooms were well decorated and clean. The TV was large, the beds very comfortable and the room was quiet. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was great. Most often we pass on these breakfasts because they usually are not very good. The Best Western breakfast offered bacon, eggs, waffles, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt and more. In addition to a good breakfast, I was delighted to discover that the hot water for tea was actually hot! The fellow operating the breakfast was very friendly and did a great job preparing and presenting the food as well as keeping the area clean.
We also went to the pool for a swim. The water was nice and warm and the pool area clean. We will definitely return to this hotel if we are back in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the many amenities that we offer and that our staff took such good care of you. I have shared your review so that they know that what they do can transform a guest stay from average to excellent. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watertown.

Bath, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

For the rate I paid, I was quite pleased with the room. Beds were very comfortable and seemed larger than the advertised "twin." The TV was MUCH larger than I've gotten at much pricier hotels. While being placed on the ground floor was a bummer, it was very quiet in the room with regards to noise within the walls. Also, this being a smoking hotel was a major plus.

Here were my problems: There are 3 rear entrances but only 1 allowed you to use your card to get in. Also, the water pressure in the shower was no better than my daughter pouring a cup over my head. The size of the bathroom made it difficult to maneuver as well (the door hit the bathtub and had to be shut to enter the shower itself.) While a one cup coffee machine was made available in the room, it clearly stated on the machine that it was to be used with coffee pods. NO coffee pods were left in the supplies basket making the machine useless. While there were more than enough clean and good smelling towels, half of them were rough and uncomfortable and one of them was already in tatters.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our beds comfortable and that you enjoyed our 42" TVs. I would also like to apologize for the ways we let you down during your stay. The only thing that we are unable to change at this point in time is the size of our bathrooms. I have had the outside entrance lock fixed and the shower head replaced by maintenance. I have also gone over the importance of making sure all of our rooms are guest ready with all of our staff. We are currently undergoing room renovations and will no longer be offering smoking rooms, but hope to have you as our guests the next time you are in town.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I'm really surprised this hotel got this many 5 star reviews.
Originally we were planning to spend the weekend at this hotel and got the King "suite". After spending one night we've decided to move to Holiday Inn.

The hotel pictures on this website must be seriously "enhanced". In reality the hotel has a very dingy and old feel to it and is seriously outdated.

Our room had an unpleasant splatter and mildew-like spots on the ceiling (most likely due to a water leak from upstairs).
The bathroom sink was located in the room and not in the bathroom!
The sofa bed sheets were not cleaned from last time and had hair and lint!
The internet just never worked; it kept disconnecting and when connected it was unbearably slow. The hotel despite being in downtown is far from anything except for a couple of pizza places.
The staff was courteous but I'm sorry to say that this will not make up for bad appearances or cleanliness.

Needless to say we won't be coming back here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. While we strive to make every guest experience a positive one, we have in this case let you down. I have personally inspected this room (254) and although I would agree this is a very unflattering and mismatched paint job, I did not find any mildew in the room. I also want to apologize that our staff didn't make you aware of the 6 to 8 restaurants within blocks of our hotel which offer a variety of food from Italian to Sushi. I would also like to apologize for the lack of clean linens on the sleeper sofa. I have spoken with our houskeeping staff about the importance of making sure the sleeper sofa linen is changed with every stay even if they don't think it has been used. We are begining our room renovations next week and I would like to invite you back once these have been completed so that you can see the improvements we are making. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

315-782-8000
Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Everyone at this hotel is very pleasent. however, Chris Hess always goes out of his way to accomodate me. I am there an awful lot and he always makes me feel welcome and at home. He goes out of his way to recognize me by name and always has certain rooms movies etc available to me as I check in. He goes above and beyond what anyone should do and is a pleasure to work with. Best Regards Bill La Breck

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jerimcgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for signaling Chris out for his excellent customer service. It is very nice to hear that he takes special care of you when you are staying with us. He is definitaley an asset to our hotel and a super star when it comes to customer service. I have shared your review with him so that he knows that what he does makes an impression on our guests. We look forward to seening you on your next visit.