“Wish I could have taken the bed home with me!”

Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Spent a weekend at this hotel - hadn't been there in years. Very clean with VERY comfortable beds! Staff are very friendly. Breakfast buffet has a good assortment of choices.
Checked all on line prices and then called the hotel who quoted a slightly higher rate. Negotiated a lower rate.

2  Thank Buddy0
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and our beds so comfortably that you wanted to take it home. Hopefully it is not years before we see you again. We look forward to it. Let me know if you would like me to look up the information for our mattresses. I would be happy to do so. I believe they were from Serta.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Watertown Fort Drum

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a good value for money choice if you are in the Watertown area and a good central location for visiting the surrounding area such as Sacket's Harbour. Kept very clean by a hardworking staff, the rooms are in the process of updating and the décor is nice and the beds comfortable. All staff are well trained and friendly and, despite being quite busy on the weekends, seems to be run quite well. Late checkout was not a problem and front desk staff were quite helpful. on site restaurant is quite nice and Italian themed menu. Nice pool area with exterior deck, free DVDs available at front desk. Bathrooms require updating but I assume that is in the plan for the off-season. Overall, a good choice and we would stay there again.

1  Thank thefamilybee

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is so nice to hear that our staff took such good care of you during your stay. I am also glad that you found our hotel to be clean and our location convenient to your needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a bit dated but is still quite nice. Rooms are well decorated, and well equipped. The room has a small fridge, small microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom is one of the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel, but it served the purpose.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that you thought our hotel was nice and well equipped. I apologize for the size of the bathroom. We are currently in the process of renovating our guest bathrooms and hope to have this project completed before winter. While we are unable to make the rooms larger we are trying to make them more functional for our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hearing what you think of our new bathrooms. If I can be any assistance with a future booking please let me know.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Best Western in Watertown at the beginning of August. The hotel is near historic downtown, a little bit off the highway but well worth the small drive. There are restaurants and local shops right within walking distance, as well as a nice restaurant and lounge on premises.

The hotel staff were wonderful and worked quickly to accommodate requests. Allison checked us in and she got us in quickly and was very friendly. The GM, Jeri ,was at the desk as well and took time to chat with us and made us feel very welcome. Our housekeeper Jenn made sure to inquire how we liked the room and if we needed any additional items. Every staff member i encountered were very friendly and happy to ask how I was doing.

The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The tv, dvd player, and movie library were a plus that I wish were available at the other hotels I've stayed in. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but I did get a chance to stop by and have to stay I'm sorry I missed it. The breakfast was good and made for a good start to the day. Overall I was impressed and felt well cared for during my entire stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GinaM89529

Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had during your recent stay with us. I am so glad that our staff took such great care of you and that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer our guests. I am sorry that you did not have time to enjoy the pool but we will keep it warm and ready for you and your next visit to Watertown.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this Hotel. Was conveniently located and easy to access. This hotel offers a restaurant which was very convenient. Good food and service. Service is excellent. Offers unique free movies to guests. Older hotel but very clean and well decorated.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at our hotel. I am very happy that you found our service excellent and our hotel clean. I am also glad that you enjoyed our DVD library. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the States.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

great stay only problem with all b w hotels is credit card deposit amount varies from 25 to 100 dollars for one night stay getting this money put back to account is not in a timely manner b w hotels need to address this issue

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Colin R

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great stay with us and apologize for any issues you may have had with your credit card and Best Westerns. Our hotel authorizes credit cards for the full amount of a guest’s stay only. If the guest pays cash or checks out early any additional authorization is then released back to the card. At this point it can take the issuing bank 3 to 5 business days to release this back to the credit card. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit to Watertown.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Not near enough staff at check in or even later in the day there was still a line up at the front desk with only 1 person on duty to cover it all. The rooms were nice and clean and some recent upgrades have brought this older hotel up to par. The breakfast area was huge and well presented with lots of choices and sitting availability. Make sure you have a good GPS because we drove past this hotel twice looking for it as it has poor signage and is off the main highway

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jerimcgm, General Manager at Best Western Watertown Fort Drum, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our rooms to be clean and updated. I apologize for the difficulties you had locating our hotel and that the staffing problems that we have been experiencing affected your overall experience at our property. We hope to see you on a future visit so that we will have the opportunity to provide you with the superior customer service that you deserve as one of our guests. If I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know.