“name is false advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Relax Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
“name is false advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I have been put up at this whole three times by an employer who was trying to make the cheap way out I have traveled the whole east coast for many years and stayed in many motels and this I must say is by far the worst motel ever not only is the motel dirty and smelly but the staff is rude and obnoxious the other guests are welfare recipient that the government pays to keep at the motel and this is where the owner admitted they derive most of their income from the government.this makes the promise is very dangerousand uncomfortable. The first time I arrive to check in they told me they had no smoking rooms but they were all full however there were only two cars in the parking lot so when I brought this up the young man who lied to me called his mother who insisted that he keep lying until I call their bluff and then they finally gave me a no smoking room which still smelled like cigarettes and mildew the sheets were damp in the room is dark and dingy I have a hard time dressing in the morning because I can't see if my suits match they do not give me tal walls they say they can't afford towels they won't change my sheets and they do not vacuum the carpet they have moved my belongings to another room without telling me. They have left my door unlocked with my valuables exposed to the welfare creeps that wander around the propertyI will never stay in this motel again I do not care if I don't get hired at the Watertown location again I will quit my job rather than stay in this filthy motel with its rude owner family

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank kirbdude

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Cheap place for a overnight with an awful mattress. Rooms are ok and renewed, except for the mattress. Bathroom old but clean. Parking. Go for it if you have a very low budget or If you don't find rooms available in town.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ElenaLiarte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I come often. Love the place people and locations. Close to army base. Shopping malls and restaurants are close. Small town but alot to do. I would recommend a stay.the staff are quick when you need something. Rooms are clean beds warm and comfortable. Rooms are updated. Frig and microwave in rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank lalatashabrandy
Ransomville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Nothing much about the staff, their strong accent (India) a little hard to understand. In the office and hallway there was a very musky smell that stayed throughout our stay there. The rooms are small, but clean enough for the stay. The bathroom is also small and the plumbing really old. Had to figure out how to turn on the shower, the handle was not working properly. Alloted password for the wifi..but had many problems trying to connect to the internet. Far away enough from the main roadway for quietness. Single story... no noise from up above.

Room Tip: Rooms at the west end had doors opening into parking area. Rest of the rooms you have to walk aroun...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Menehune808
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

The stay at the Relax Inn was one of the best experiences we've ever had staying out of town. The staff was more than friendly, they were, you could say, almost like family. They were very kind and accomidating to the circumstances that were necessary at the last minute, and very understanding. We couldn't have asked for a better location to stay overnight, and the "Relax" in "Relax Inn" is an understatement. The stay here was extremely comfortable, and we would not only stay here again anytime we were in town, but we would also recommend this hotel to anybody who intended on visiting the Watertown, NY area. We thank you so much for the accomidations and hospitality that was shown to us!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Breanna M
pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

This reservation was a nightmare. The first thing you see when you walk in is a very large notification that the motel charges a fine of $250.00 for pets and or smoking in a non smoking room. The owner/manager is rude and very strange almost creepy. something out of the twilight zone. I was sent to check my room before i was allowed to check in at 10pm. All i wanted to do was sleep, but i had to walk all the way to the room, then walk all the way back to the front desk ... when i asked why i would need to do this, i was told that they have a lot of customer complaints about the rooms. The room looked ok, no bugs or anything and we were 5 hours away from home, so i decide to check in... UNTIL I was told by this very strange person that my credit card would be charged a $250.00 deposit plus the rate for the room $79 not the $69 i was quoted. They put a hold on your credit card, for all rooms due to the penalty/ fine they charge ,if they think you took a pet into the room or if they think you smoked in a non smoking room. i was never made aware of this before i made the reservation. We didn't stay.... drove all the way home. Never again. terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank v o
Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Set behind the hill and well away from the road, you can indeed relax at Relax Inn Motel without hearing the traffic. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are wonderful, spacious and clean. There is a nice park nearby with a golf course, zoo for kids, nice trails for walks. You find delicious food at the Red Lobster and at Olive Garden, fresh organic fruit, bagels, etc. at Price Choppers on Arsenal Street. We feel refreshed after our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family