We stayed at this supposedly "green" Holiday Inn on a Beautiful/clear sunny day with a nice breeze. We wanted to open our room window and sleep with just the outside air for the evening. When we went to open the window, we found that the window was purposely designed to only open about 1-2", not allowing enough air to come into the room to cool it down. We called down to the front desk and they told us we had to use the air conditioner since the windows were purposely rigged not to open too much. We then tried to use the air conditioner for the evening and found it to be a cheap model where the fan went on/off all night, not allowing us to get too much sleep. When we checked out the next morning we were told that is a Holiday Inn property policy not to allow the window to open very much.
Are you kidding me - a grean hotel that doesn't allow you to open the windows and not use the air conditioning?! We felt like caged animals and not allowed to feel at home since we open the window there all of the time. I will NEVER STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN AGAIN due to this stupid policy!! Felt like - we are not allowing our stupid guests to open the window due to liability issues - again, are you kidding me - am an adult professional, not some stupid kid. Stay away from this and ALL Holiday Inns - they are back in the 50's policy-wise, not green anything....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Watertown, New York is where great experiences begin at the gateway to the 1000 Islands. We are in the heart of the Watertown, NY shopping district and located near exit 45 just off of I-81. The area's finest attractions, including Boldt Castle, Sackets Harbor and the St. Lawrence River, many local businesses & Fort Drum are just minutes away. Our plaza includes Ruby Tuesdays, Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ponderosa, Chipotle, Five Guys, Moe's, Cold Stone Creamery, Planet Fitness, Dollar General and a liquor store. Stay Smart with free wireless & wired high speed internet access, free local phone calls, High Def TV & a guest business center. Begin your day with our complimentary Express Start Breakfast that includes hot items daily including pancakes and as always our signature cinnamon rolls. If you're on the run, pre-order a breakfast-to-go bag. Our Smart Roast 100% Arabica coffee is available 24 hours in our Great Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-1000 Islands
- Holiday Inn Express Watertown
- Holiday Inn Watertown
- Watertown Holiday Inn