“We are frequent visitors!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Cobourg, Canada
“We are frequent visitors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

We make regular trips to see friends in the Syracuse area and always stay here as it is quite close to the border. The staff are very pleasant; the rooms are impeccably clean and the atmosphere is welcoming. There is an excellent selection of food at the breakfast bar from fresh fruit and yoghurt, to bacon, eggs and sausage, to pancakes and cinnamon rolls. The hotel has been open for a few years now but the high standard of service has not changed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
kingston, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed here December 18th and was very pleased. The lobby is beautiful, the restaurant is great and my room was everything I have come to expect from Hilton. The beds are very comfortable and room was spotless. The front desk staff was friendly and professional - they seemed to really care about my being happy with my entire experience. My server for breakfast was very attentive and the buffet had a great variety available. I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
castleton,ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

We always stay here when we go shopping in the states , the rooms are very comfortable and clean . You get a free breakfast and on Saturday nights they have movie night with popcorn and drinks . After breakfast the man looking after the main room overed us water and granola bars for our daily excursion which was nice it shows how friendly they are . In our room there was a gift bag with snacks in it and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are very clean . The only down fall I could find is they put the suites by the elevator if they could figure a way to sound proof the elevator shafts it would be better , they should have put those rooms at end of hall . Other than that it was great .

Room Tip: Try to get top floor that way you don't hear people walking above
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tommer42
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

New, clean property. Good beds. Cooked to order breakfast included for HH diamond members. Staff were very pleasant and housekeeping was good. Small fitness center with 2 treadmills, 2 elipticals and a recumbent bike.
Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably best to get a room not on the I81 side.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Springville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

Twice this pass summer, I used this hotel for unpleasant trips. The first in July and one month later, both for attending funerals of very close and longtime friends. Since it took me 5 hours to get to my destination, I was physically and emotionally tired. I was met with very sincere staff that could not do enough to help me out. They might be small things, but making sure my room was in the most quiet area, printing maps for the funeral homes, easy and good restaurants to fill my needs and making sure I had snacks to carry me through the trying days activities.
From the desk staff, the housekeepers(who remembered me from the previous visit) the little guy that made sure the coffee was full and hot, and the security staff---I would not hesitate to send anyone to this site.
Management checked on me thru both visits, to see if I needed anything more. You could not ask for better service and I come from the corporate travelers of a few years past and I rate this to be one of the best. Thank You for the comfort, cleanliness and the emotional support.

Room Tip: if you like to swim,ask for poolside
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Make sure you room is not
On interstate 81 side it gets
Noisy with 18 wheelers going by.
The other side is fine.
I stayed here twice while salmon
Fishing.

• Stayed October 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and i stayed here on a shopping weekend and loved this place. It was very clean and accommodating. Staff were very courteous. Only thing we wondered was why cleaning staff were still cleaning at 6 pm, several carts still in the hallway. I guess it does take time to keep this place neat and tidy!! The complimentary breakfast was excellent. We were approached by a kitchen staffer asking if we wanted a bottle of water for the day. Impressed!!

• Stayed November 2011