“Really Great Holiday Inn......”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed 7 October 2013

By far one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express Hotels we have ever stayed in. We are Platinum Priority members and have stayed in quite a few! The staff were some of the most friendly client service peopled we have encountered......just pleasant personalities. The hotel is close to great shopping and great if you are staying in the Thousand Island area. The room was huge with a jacuzzi tub offset in another part of the room where there was a day bed and TV......so you could soak and watch your favorite flick as well. Although we were only there for one night I would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was also great!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were winding up our NYC trip and stopped in Watertown on the way home. I thought I would treat the wife to a jacuzzi suite and this hotel had a nice one. I booked a double queen jacuzzi suite.

The lobby is relatively small when you first walk in, but then the breakfast area opens up into a fairly large room. The two clerks at the front desk were very nice and getting booked in was a snap. Fresh chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies were available at the front desk, and one of the clerks gave me one. I guess I looked like I had been driving for a while and needed a pick me up! I was informed that hot soup would be served in the meal area starting at 5:00 pm. Although we had dinner plans, that was a really nice touch.

I was pretty tired, but I think I recall a choir of angels singing as I swung the door open to our room. It was spacious, new, well appointed and clean. Immediately to my left as I walked in was a medium sized washroom, filled with amenities and it was immaculate. Further into the room were two very clean and comfortable looking queen beds. I almost didn't bother checking them, but the wife would never allow that. I checked and they were immaculate. There was the usual desk and chair for the work area and the lamp had two conveniently located electrical plugs. Wi-fi was free and worked well for our laptop and two BlackBerry's.

Hanging in the closet were two fresh, white robes. These were handy because at the end of the room and to the right was a doorway that led to the jacuzzi room. There was a day bed with pillows, another flatscreen television and one of the deepest jacuzzi tubs I've ever seen. It wasn't very wide, but it was long and deep. The light above the jacuzzi had a slide switch that allowed it to be dimmed. The room was perfect for enjoying the jacuzzi while our young lads slept.

One quirk you may find is that when you turn the iron on, it doesn't seem to heat up. The wife thought it wasn't working. The light was on, but no heat. After I played with it for a minute or so I discovered it had some type of safety function. It won't heat up until you lay it horizontally. The red light will turn green and you're good to go.

The complimentary breakfast was great! The hot breakfast was cheese omelets, large round sausage and fried potatoes. There was also a few kinds of cold cereal, porridge, fresh fruit, yogurt and various breads. Juices, coffee and tea were also on hand.

I knew that there was a pool, but we never made down to see it. There is lots of free parking on site too.

The hotel is conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and highways. I wouldn't say it was a cheap place to stay, but you certainly get your money's worth. A very nice hotel that I will stay at again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is a nice modern clean hotel with every thing we needed.
We took 2 connected rooms with 2 double beds.
The rooms were nice, and clean.
Breakfast was very nice though the "Cinabons" the hotel prides itself by are just regular "industrial" ones.
All in all we got our moneys worth and were happy.
The only problem is the hotel is over half an hour drive from the thausand islands main boating harbour.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank עפר י
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our stay was wonderful. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The location is excellent with close proximity to shopping and restaurants. First thought was that the room was a little over priced, however we got great value for our dollar. A nice breakfast was included as well as a few nice touches in the room. I would particularly like to acknowledge the housekeeping staff member who was honest. Her integrity is heart warming.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JnJ84
Reviewed 16 September 2013

There is little doubt in my mind that this is the hotel to stay in while in Watertown, NY. First of all it is in an excellent location with close proximity to restaurants (Texas Roadhouse is an absolute must - we signed up on their website for a free appetizer), Shopping, Highways and attractions. The hotel itself is incredibly clean with very friendly staff throughout that are eager to assist in any way they can, great pool, fitness and SAUNA (I dont see that too often),lots of parking, message board in front foyer that updates guests on truly local events and things to do, nice breakfast incuded in the room price which I might add was excellent value as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ikiwiguy
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the pool, sauna and local attractions while you were here. We are thrilled to hear that our team went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our stay was very good. My 8 year old daughter was excited about getting a cookie, ice cream and hot chocolate. She thought the pancake maker was cool. She enjoyed swimming in the pool. My husband and I enjoyed seeing through her eyes of the little things of excitement. The staff we met was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here with family on a trip to the 1000 Islands and the service was prompt and attentive, our rooms were spacious and clean, and the express check out was a cinch. Would definitely stay here or at any Holiday Inn Express again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed the clean rooms and attentive service our staff provides. We look forward to your next stay!