Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Ottawa, Canada
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I found that overall this is a good hotel to stay at, price is a little higher then others and its close to the highway but I like the pool and sauna area and the breakfast was good. If your doing a short travel with kids this is a place I would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Greetings, thank you for writing a review about your recent visit. Glad you enjoyed the pool and sauna during your stay!
Seth B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have been to other Holiday Inn Express places, and this one offers an outstanding customer service ... A+, and then some. The hotel is well maintained, the rooms are clean ... I mean really clean. The quality breakfast offers multiple choices and service with a smile. Well done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Richard,

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate all feedback. We really appreciate the kind words about the friendly staff and clean rooms. Please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know how we can make your next stay even better.
Ontario
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our little family getaway for a bit of shopping and swimming with kids. The front desk is very friendly and attentive. The room was a King suite. Nice upgrade for kitchenette and fridge. The room was very clean and had a nice layout. I'm kind of funny, I like a quiet solidly built hotel... Walls and high ceilings are concrete and give you a nice quiet secure stay. I love that the washroom door doesn't squeak. We asked for an east facing room to avoid highway 81 noise. The pool was clean and ample towels. I've been in places where that was an issue. We ate take out from Chipotle's next door. That was a treat because we don't have one near our home. Highly recommend Chipotle if you've never tried it. Overall, this hotel hit it out of the park in my opinion. I will probably switch my loyalty to HIE and drop Hilton branded hotels. My last stay at Hampton Inn in Ottawa was not impressive at all. Oh yeah, breakfast was fresh and ample. Cookies at front desk at 4pm was a hit with kids. Free soup at 5pm was bonus that we missed, but was available. Great value. Cheers to HIE Watertown!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank honestmarc
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for the great review and sharing your experience with us! I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to meet your standards of service, cleanliness, and quality. We are constantly working to meet and exceed every guest's expectations in this area. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our entire team! I truly hope we continue to earn your new found loyalty with our brand.

Seth B.

p.s. I completely agree about Chipotles!! Good stuff indeed!
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Kids enjoyed the pool. They don't however have a hot tub. Breakfast had good variety of hot and cold options. Room is clean and pretty comfortable. Upgraded and front desk staff ordered a pizza as part of a package deal from Papa Johns.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time for completing your review! I'm glad to hear you and the kids enjoyed the pool, breakfast, and our great dinner for a dollar package! Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The rooms were very much like home. I have to say the part I enjoyed the most was the wonderful breakfast they include every morning. There is also complimentary soup every night also. The laundry site is next door and that too is a very nice place; I may try that one next time I stay.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hotinpink91
Seth B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Our staff tries hard to treat every guest like family. I concur that we have a wonder breakfast staff that keeps the food hot and replenished. Before staying next door remember our breakfast is always included in the price ;). Please don't hesitate to let us know how we could make your next stay even better.

Sincerely
Schenectady, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've been staying here since 2006, and can honestly say it feels like a home away from home. The staff is excellent, and I'm almost always upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. It's good to stay at a place like this after along day at work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your thoughts and comments. We are glad you enjoyed the room and found our Staff to be excellent. Thank you for being such a loyal guest throughout the years and please don't hesitate to let us know how we can make your next stay even better!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Front Desk employees were very nice and helpful. The room was clean. The only negative part of the stay was the cleaning service. We put the "Fresh Linens" sign out but they just made the bed like usual. Also, they were not accommodating in terms of cleaning the room when you were away. For example, they first came to our floor early in the morning so we had the do not disturb sign on the door. We took it off from 10:30 am - 1 pm. They never came. However, we put it back on the door at 1:05 pm and that's right when they came. We asked if they could come back in an hour when we would be away and the lady said she would check with her boss. We were gone for 3.5 hours and they never came.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Justin B
Seth B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watertown-Thousand Islands, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Justin B,

I was sorry to hear your stay was not 100% positive. We take any issue a guest may have during their stay very seriously and have brought these comments to the attention of the housekeeping staff. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss these issues. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you and deliver a positive, clean stay!

I am glad to hear though the service you received by other staff members was helpful and friendly.