“Excellent”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Cobourg, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first time at a steakhouse in over 15 years and I will never wait that long again. Hubby and I were a tad leery about going there as we are on a tight budget and weren't sure what to expect. We were quite happy with the reasonable price, for so much food! I ordered my steak medium rare, but it came medium well and they were so good about bringing me a new one. The manager even came over to apolojize. It was a fun place too with peanuts! Can't wait to go again.

• Visited September 2013

Peterborough, Canada
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am convinced that Texas Road House does not make money off of its patrons unless they purchase a lot of alcohol. The food portions are huge and are relatively inexpensive for patrons to buy in comparison to what you get for your money.
It's primarily chicken, ribs, steaks, etc.
When we got there at 6:00 on a Saturday, the parking lot and the restaurant were both jammed. We were told it'd be a 20-30 minute wait for our party of 2. They called us and seated us exactly 20 minutes later. Service was good and fast. Server was knowledgeable, nice and helpful.
We ordered the blooming onion, texas combo (ribs and 1/2 bbq chicken), and an appetizer plate (boneless wings, potato skins + jalapeno popppers). The portions were huge so we took a good deal of it home. I did not know that the server was dropping off a complimentary bread basket w/ cinnamon butter, so I filled up on these leaving little room for my actual dinner. But everything I had - whether during dinner or later, for a midnight snack - was delicious. I would recommend that if you order a mashed potato as one of your sides (most of their meals come with your choice of 2 sides) that you get it 'loaded'. Green beans are another tasty side option, too. The 'Sides' menu is extensive (garden + caesar salad, mixed veg, corn, baked potato, mashed potato, sweet potato, green beans, fries, etc.).
I would strongly recommend this place. The country music and the peanut shells on the floor isn't for everyone, but you should try this place at least once.

• Visited June 2014
Ellsworth, Maine
“Consistent...”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Texas Roadhouse is so consistently good. Whether here in Maine or New York state, I always enjoy their food. The service is excellent and they always aim to please. Especially enjoy their fresh salad in chilled bowls (nice touch!). Best ranch dressing I've ever had! Thank you!

• Visited April 2014
Rensselaer Falls, New York
“GREAT Food!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was my birthday "Eve", so we ate at Texas Roadhouse. Not our first time, of course. The meal was fabulous, as always! I love the salads! Waitress was very attentive to our needs and all the staff is always friendly. Used the "Call Ahead" method and walked in, didn't have to wait and was seated immediately! Thanks Texas Roadhouse for a great dinner! :)

Visited June 2014
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Do you people have any class?”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

How can anybody give this place a decent review? It is chain! The food is horrible! The service is horrible! Where else do you people eat? McDonalds? Taco Bell?

The gimmick about choosing your steak...you're picking a supermarket steak for crying out load.

If you like NASCAR you'd love TRH