“Alright for the money.”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Nowhereville
“Alright for the money.”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have stayed at the Econo several times and not had any of the issues others have had. We have seen others return that were there when we where there last time. We pay $65 seniors rate. It's not the Best Western but the Best Western up the street wants $125. We just use it for sleeping and eat out for everything. The morning breakfast has always been alright for what it is: a continental breakfast. We will stay there again next week. If it has gone down hill since the spring will redo this review.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This hotel was a stop on our trip and simply a place to sleep for the night. The room was cheap feeling but adequate for our needs. The breakfast in the morning was sufficient although very basic with toast, cereal, coffee and fruit.

Room Tip: Don't be on the first floor as you will have people looking in your windows from the parking lot...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed here as a family for one night to take advantage of the Salmon Run Mall and other shopping venues. The room was fine for that reason as we were not in the room a whole lot. The bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable. There is a fridge and microwave in the room that work well. The AC was cold and so it worked great on a hot July night. There was a musty smell in the room that didn't go away and we did smell smoke when we first entered the building which as a non-smoker is probably more prevalent. The pool looked great although we didn't use it and there is a nice outdoor patio off walkout off pool area and picnic tables at the side of the building. We didn't have the continental breakfast but went out instead. For the price compared to other hotels it was reasonable. If we were going to be staying longer and spending more time in the room, we would likely book at another place. Every hotel was booked full including this one until up to the last day before our trip and there was a cancellation here otherwise we would have to stay outside of Watertown in the Fort Drum area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The clerk at reception seemed friendly enough and said the room was 'very' nice with a queen bed. The room is far less than mediocre and the bed was a full. There was a huge stain on the side of he bed, the floor was not cleaned, the spare pillows had hair all over them in addition to black smudges. The bathroom also had hair on the floor and left over women's cosmetics. This was our only option as every hotel in town wad booked, we had to wear shoes the entire time and tried not to touch anything in the room. I wouldn't stay here again even if it was a free night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Ontario
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Booked and paid through the Internet. Price was very reasonable. Location was close to all the major shopping stores and in from the main road which provided some tranquility. The hotel was very clean as was our room, don't understand some of the previous reviews as we didn't experience any of those negative comments.
Staff and front desk were polite and helpful and very nice. Continental breakfast was what you would expect, no issue here. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
K-town
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I still feel dirty thinking about this place. I suggest camping as a cleaner option!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank neverrun
United States
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I went on vacation to see my fiance. I am from texas, and he is stationed at Fort Drum. I chose this hotel only due to the price and the way they presented the hotel. From what I gathered from looking at the pictures, I thought it would be nice and it would be worth the price. Little did I know, when I got there, the office of the hotel would be away from the rooms. They try and sell you a clean room, with a indoor pool, and contental breakfast included. Well I checked into my hotel about 2230. They thin pointed me off into the direction I was to drive to go access my room. I got all of my bags out of the truck, and walked to the door. I began to pull my card out, thinking I would need to use it to enter the door to go to my hotel room. I was wrong, I looked at the door and said to myself wow, you dont even need a key. I then brushed it off, and went to my hotel room, scanned my card, and went into my room. When Im expected to pay a low price, I dont expect to have a five star room, or five star anything, however I do expect it to look nice, and it to meet the standards the people have made it out to be. I walked into my room and was amazed at the way it looked. It did not look like the pictures they had online when I was looking at them. The walls looked raunchy, there were cracks in the ceiling. It just did not meet up to my standards. It WAS GROSS! Contental breakfast- its a joke. There was stale donuts, dry cereal, milk that was not cold. My fiance came to pick me up later that morning. I checked out, they gave me a reciept and it said my credit card was going to be charged 71.99, I was okay with that. Until I checked my bank account and they charged me 287.34 plus the 71.99. I was floored. I then called econo lodge and was asking them what was going on. The lady I talked to was a total jerk, she wouldnt listen to me, and she just kept repeating herself over, and over again. I asked her to shush, and she called me rude.
I simply DO NOT recommend ANYONE to stay at this hotel. IT SUCKS! AND THEY OVER CHARGE YOU! I wouldnt even rate this hotel one star.

Room Tip: IT ALL WAS HORRIBLE. If there were negative ratings for how horrible they are, I would so deffinate...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo