“Fraudulent Charge for Smoking On My Credit Card ! We Are Non-Smokers ....”
Review of Ramada Watertown

Ramada Watertown
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Fraudulent Charge for Smoking On My Credit Card ! We Are Non-Smokers ....”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed at this Ramade Inn on Friday and Saturday - May 3rd and May 4th, 2013. I logged into my checking account this morning (Friday, May 10th) that is associated with my Credit Card and noticed that this hotel charged me my normal hotel fee of 170.66 and also a fee of 250.00, I called the hotel at 315-788-0700 this morning at 7:35AM and asked the young lady what this was for and she asked my name, date of stay and room number 209, she looked it up and said it was a smoking fee !! WTF, I have never smoked in my life ! So why am I being charged this fee ? She switched me over to the general manager's voice mail and Ileft a message for him to kindly return my call. What I noticed when I went in the room that it did have a slight odor of smoke, I called down and expressed this to the desk, I also opened the window a little and found a few folks standing ut in front of the cars parked that were smoking a pipe and a cigar ........ not sure if that could have drifted up and into the room somewhat ?

I am very upset about this ........ I hope to get this resolved and this bogus charge removed from my card today or I will pursue legal action quickly .....

Other than this major problem, the staff was very friendly, the hotel is a bit dated but make up for it with their service and location.

My CC Company has been made aware and a dispute filed as of 7:54 AM.

Looking forward to hearing back from the GM !

Regards,

William W. Stayed in 209

Room Tip: Be very wary when entering any room, if you catch and smell call desk ASAP and make sure they know a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Nepean
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Chose the hotel for a stopping point between our destination. Although the room was clean, the carpeting was stained and the bathroom's sink didn't drain easily, it leaked on the floor and the tub caulking was pulling away. The room seemed in need of an update. The breakfast was great and the coffee was fabulous.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada