“Sound airport option” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Germiston
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Sound airport option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

As an overnighter between flights this is absolutely fine. I wouldn't consider this as an option for longer stays if you travel with much luggage or don’t have your own car. The rooms and bathrooms are minuscule but clean enough. The beds are comfortable, shower decent, amenities basic but adequate and black-out curtains effective. Rooms facing the garden are quiet at night with the adjacent freeway barely audible. Room service is available from nearby restaurants. The shuttle bus, like many hotels around Joberg airport, is not free, but ran on time. Check in and check-out was quick and efficient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BadgerCT
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We thank you for the review. We're glad you found the check-in process efficient, we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Namur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I would never have expected to have such a service for that price.

Simple but clean and nice, good breakfast and super staff!

You even get a pastry when leaving and shuttle from and to the airport are super punctual. A must if you need to sleep next to airport!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Geoffrey D
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for the great review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Some mixed feelings about this hotel. We only spent 1 night en route to Limpopo, so chose somewhere close to the airport. The staff were absolutely amazing - I can't compliment them enough. From the desk attendant to the manager, we were treated like royalty. The room however was another story. We didn't mind too much that it was small, but it would have been nice if the air conditioner worked. As it wasn't working we had to sleep with the window open and the R21 is extremely busy all night. Noisy. But as I said the staff was very nice and that made all the difference.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for the review. We’re happy to hear that you found our staff to be amazing. We apologize for the trouble you had with the air conditioner, steps will be taken so that something like this doesn’t happen again. We hope to see you again soon
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Despite the facility of dining being closed next door, the Town Lodge,
did a fine job feeding our large team and taking care of us. We stay here
every year because it is a lovely home away from home!
OMNI team

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Elijah M
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Toamasina (Tamatave), Madagascar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

When I checked in on the evening of 27/10/2013 I was told I could not pay in USD, so I paid with the only Rands I had left. I waited for what seemed an eternity to be checked in, and to pay the waiting cab driver with the change. Once I got to my room (240), the lady at reception called and asked for my passport, and then came up to collect it. When I asked her about dinner she told me the dining was closing at 10PM (in 15 minutes) and therefore I was too late, and that every other place in the area was closed except for Mcdonalds. However since I did not have transport, I passed. A few minutes later I asked reception for a laptop charger, but they did not have one. I then tried to call my family in Madagascar to let them know where I was, but I could not go through. Reception advised me to try a local number, and when I told the gentleman I could not get through either, he advised me to try a minute later. When I later tried, the local call went through, and the receptionist said he had authorised calls from room 240. However international calls kept giving me a long silence, then a local-sounding ringtone, and then a recorded message which did not make any sense to me, and ended with the repeated number 628126747436.

After several attempts, I requested if I could call from reception but they said sorry, I could not. Eventually I gave up and went to bed without having dinner, and having failed to call my family. So much for the form about the right kind of kind "going that bit further" in the room!

In the morning I offered to pay for my breakfast with USD, and as soon as the lady from the previous evening said I could not, her colleague said I could. So I paid with USD50, but not before It was photocopied against my details. I then left on the airport shuttle.

Room Tip: You'll be spoilt for choice between "smoking" and "no smoking rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us - sorry about the difficulties you experienced, we will look into this on your behalf.

Travellers are raving about these Germiston hotels

Nelspruit, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I find the combination of quality accommodation without frills and an excellent breakfast is hard to beat. Other places may have fancier rooms but may not have as many options for breakfast. The staff are efficient and welcoming and the rooms are well maintained with everything working. My only disappointment was that the restaurant that was next door has closed so if you don't have transport you may have to order take-aways for supper.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thanks for your for your comments - hope to see you again soon.
Witbank, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

i was in jhb for business purpose and i check in at Town Lodge and the staff was friendly and welcoming.The hotelis in the centre of everything and what i like about most is that is within the walking distance from where i was attending.The rooms are clean and good for business with air conditions but not good for family vacation cos u have only the shower and no baths.Rooms layout is compact but neat not as good as their sister hotel City lodge.Breakfast was excellent but no dinner only Mr deliver does the service of which i feel its not fair because the overcharging with late deliveries.The hotel has a safe parking

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thanks for your review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germiston
City Lodge Hotel Johannesburg Airport - Barbara Road
AirportInn & Suites Isando
AirportInn & Suites Isando
#44 of 70 in Johannesburg
Road Lodge Johannesburg International Airport

Been to Town Lodge Airport Johannesburg? Share your experiences!