“Warm and Pleasant on a Cold Night!”
Review of Bingelela Lodge

Bingelela Lodge
Ranked #5 of 14 Bergville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was in the area on business and was booked into the Bingelela Lodge, was met by the owner Joss who kindly showed me the bungalow. Not expecting much, I was pleasantly suprised by the bungalow with a great shower, relaxing couch (with a nice TV!) and a comfortable bed on the mezzanine level. Just what's needed after a long day!

I also made use of the restaurant that evening and the menu was bold and had difficulties in choosing what to try. The decision was made (after recommendations) by the manageress and the food was amazing. The helpfulness of the staff is also exemplary and they were always happy to help.

I even got a puncture, but not a problem, the local staff were there and ready to assist me on my way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
bingelela Lodge b, Manager at Bingelela Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you for your kind and pleasant words,
It was a pleasure hosting for you and your mutual respect towards members of the kitchen staff,floor staff and Management we very much appreciated.
We are glad to hear that you rested well and hope to see you in the near future again.
Once again, THANK YOU !!!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Me and my wife like to break away on weekends and travel with our motorcycle and spent a night or two some nice place. Two years ago i discoverd bingelela and wow what a nice place it was!!! The people are friendly and the food is heavenly!!! We decided on our last trip to take along some friends{ 4 couples} and what a lovely time we have. Bingelela caters for everyone!
WOW WHAT A LOVELY PLACE THIS IS CAN RECOMEND IT HIGHLY!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 10 have a spa bath
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
bingelela Lodge b, Public Relations Manager at Bingelela Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you kindly , we do appreciate your comments and looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I had to spend 6 nights in Bergville on business. A colleague of mine who had stayed at Bingelela twice before recommended me in this direction. He raved about the menu. Upon my arrival I was treated like I was their only guest, and received this same treatment for the duration of my stay (trust me I wasn't the only guest). I stayed very comfortably in one of several thatched cottages built within a Bluegum Tree grove. The seclusion I sought was wonderful, and I went for an early morning run on the farmroads in the maize fields. The food was totally amazing and one would have to stay at Bingelela for a very long time to become used to or even bored with the menu. I had Bingelela garlic snails as a starter almost every night and enjoyed their excellent steaks, curries, pizzas and salads.

I would relish the opportunity to return here anytime.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

This was referred by the place we had stayed in ladysmith last week.We went there for lunch ,had pasta. Good food. Just that we were rushed to place our orders by the waitress. My husband had ordered Tunasian Chicken.nice and spicy they had good selection of cocktails .

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed in the area, not at the lodge, but heard positive comments from several sources in the area on the food quality at this restaurant. We were here on a rainy day and decided to arrive early to spend some time at the bar before the dinner. The restaurant and bar wrap around the swimming pool in the center, both were quite cozy considering the weather, with a rustic long bar and the restaurant warmed by a fireplace stoked with big logs.

We started our dinner with 2 appetizers: an excellent olive packet with olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta in a phyllo wrap and a good smoked trout with avocado and salad. For the main courses, we selected the Tunisian half peri chicken with basmati rice and a fillet steak with pepper sauce, both were done to our entire satisfaction.

Highly recommended for the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I found the Bingelela lodge to be a very good place to stay when visiting Bergville. The accommodations are individual huts that feature good beds and showers. It is a short drive from town, which offers a respit from all the bustle. The restaurant has very good food and the staff is more than accommodating. It could be better as internet access is limited to the restaurant area, but they were more than happy to meet my needs in regards to additional services including laundary service. I've not stayed in other places in the area, but they more than met my expectations. The short drive out of town offers a nice respit at the end of the day. I'll be staying again.

Room Tip: Cottages 7 and 9 have a shower and a loft bedroom.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We spent one night here on the way to hike in the Drakensberg. The restaurant and bar was great. The food was excellent. The accommodation, however, did not match up to the food.

Our party was spread over two cottages. Cottage 11 had two rooms and a bathroom which only had a bath (that took hours to run and a tap that dripped continuously). It was cold and impersonal and not very comfortable.

Cottage 10 was better. It had a jaccuzi in the middle of the lounge in addition to a shower in the bathroom. Bed was in a loft upstairs. Better than cottage 11, but strange arragement.

Room Tip: Room 11 is bad.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RobertH16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bergville
Mont Aux Sources Hotel
#5 of 12 in Bergville
Dragon Peaks Mountain Resort
Dragon Peaks Mountain Resort
#1 of 6 in Cathkin Park

Been to Bingelela Lodge? Share your experiences!