My partner and I had the pleasure of spending the weekend at the Cavern Resort and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. From the moment you enter the premises, you are greeted with friendly smiles and wonderful service. We were assisted by Alex, telephonically, initially and when we arrived, Alex was very welcoming and friendly. Although its a family resort, we were put into a room away from the kids which was wonderful. Our room was clean and neat, the staff were friendly and efficient.
We felt so relaxed and at home at the Resort. The food was really great, so well done to the chef. We did a hike and must say that its really a neat idea that the resort packs a lunch for the hike. The view is breathtakingly beautiful. There is also plenty to do during the day.
If you are looking for a place in the Berg that is value for money, be it a couples getaway or family weekend, the Cavern is definitely your option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cavern Resort & Spa welcomes you to the adventures of mountain holidays. The Cavern, named after the “Cannibal Cavern”, is situated on 3000 hectares of private mountain reserve adjacent to the Drakensberg Amphitheatre World Heritage Site.This holiday offers you daily guided hikes to bushman paintings and rock carvings. For the more energetic, walks are organised to the Tugela Gorge, the second highest waterfall in the world, and to the top of the Amphitheatre (3100m). An extensive range of recreational facilities, from a forest spa, horse trails, trout fishing and mountain bike trails are available. This stunning resort has won numerous accolades. Honeymoon suites, superior suites and standard accommodation are available with spectacular views of the surrounding valleys, indigenous forests and mountains. Honeymoon suites are complete with four-poster beds and fireplaces for cool evenings. The superior accommodation is set away from the resort, in tranquil gardens, with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains. The reserve is home to abundant wildlife including leopard, baboon and eland and over 200 species of birds and 150 species of trees.The Forest Spa, set high up in the indigenous forest, is a relaxing space to unwind in whilst being treated by our therapists. Afterwards the unique Cave Bar is the ideal place to meet for a sundowner while looking over the valley below. Just over three hours from Gauteng and Durban it is the ideal area to spend some time in the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavern Drakensberg Hotel Bergville
- Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa South Africa/Bergville