We attended the 2014 Flock in the Berg event organised by Birdlife South Africa and made the absolute best choice of accommodation for the 6 nights that we spent in the Berg. The Cavern is an experience that cannot be described. There is a reason why family owned places are so special and this one has quite a history. I can recommend The Cavern to anybody who likes the outdoors and do not mind getting spoilt! Even better, a combination of The Cavern and Birdlife SA. Plenty of special birds around if that is your thing. Else there are lovely plants and rock formations. Something for everyone! Go there and experience it for yourselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cavern Resort & Spa welcomes you to the adventures of mountain holidays. The Cavern, named after the “Cannibal Cavern”, is situated on 3000 hectares of private mountain reserve adjacent to the Drakensberg Amphitheatre World Heritage Site.This holiday offers you daily guided hikes to bushman paintings and rock carvings. For the more energetic, walks are organised to the Tugela Gorge, the second highest waterfall in the world, and to the top of the Amphitheatre (3100m). An extensive range of recreational facilities, from a forest spa, horse trails, trout fishing and mountain bike trails are available. This stunning resort has won numerous accolades. Honeymoon suites, superior suites and standard accommodation are available with spectacular views of the surrounding valleys, indigenous forests and mountains. Honeymoon suites are complete with four-poster beds and fireplaces for cool evenings. The superior accommodation is set away from the resort, in tranquil gardens, with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains. The reserve is home to abundant wildlife including leopard, baboon and eland and over 200 species of birds and 150 species of trees.The Forest Spa, set high up in the indigenous forest, is a relaxing space to unwind in whilst being treated by our therapists. Afterwards the unique Cave Bar is the ideal place to meet for a sundowner while looking over the valley below. Just over three hours from Gauteng and Durban it is the ideal area to spend some time in the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavern Drakensberg Hotel Bergville
- Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa South Africa/Bergville