This was not my first trip to The Cavern, but it has never disappointed and this holiday was no different. The one thing that stands out at the Cavern, is the FOOD! Oh my word, it is simply amazing...designer dishes for dinner, a sizeable buffet for lunch and a full breakfast every day! And let me not forget the cookies and coffee mid-morning and -afternoon. Besides the amazing food, one has so many activities to choose from, such as hiking (various distances and difficulties), horse riding, mountain biking, fishing, bird watching, relaxing at the amazing spa, having a drink in the cave bar, or even just relaxing on the deck with a book. The Cavern really caters for everyone...they even have nannies for hire and a lot of activities for kids. I have always and will always be a big fan of the Cavern and I hope to go back there really soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cavern Resort & Spa welcomes you to the adventures of mountain holidays. The Cavern, named after the “Cannibal Cavern”, is situated on 3000 hectares of private mountain reserve adjacent to the Drakensberg Amphitheatre World Heritage Site.This holiday offers you daily guided hikes to bushman paintings and rock carvings. For the more energetic, walks are organised to the Tugela Gorge, the second highest waterfall in the world, and to the top of the Amphitheatre (3100m). An extensive range of recreational facilities, from a forest spa, horse trails, trout fishing and mountain bike trails are available. This stunning resort has won numerous accolades. Honeymoon suites, superior suites and standard accommodation are available with spectacular views of the surrounding valleys, indigenous forests and mountains. Honeymoon suites are complete with four-poster beds and fireplaces for cool evenings. The superior accommodation is set away from the resort, in tranquil gardens, with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains. The reserve is home to abundant wildlife including leopard, baboon and eland and over 200 species of birds and 150 species of trees.The Forest Spa, set high up in the indigenous forest, is a relaxing space to unwind in whilst being treated by our therapists. Afterwards the unique Cave Bar is the ideal place to meet for a sundowner while looking over the valley below. Just over three hours from Gauteng and Durban it is the ideal area to spend some time in the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavern Drakensberg Hotel Bergville
- Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa South Africa/Bergville