Arabella Hotel & Spa
US$106
Oude Schuur(Vermont)
Villa Exner(Grabouw)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf coursea la carte restaurantroom servicegolf estatebot riverplay golfbeautiful hotelcape townround of golfworld classrainforest experiencestunning viewsin room dininglagoon facing roomattention to detailwhale watchingconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is my 7th event at the Arabella Hotel and I honestly say it is one of my favourite hotel’s to hold our events in, and work with such fantastic event organisers like Birgitta. The hotel is perfect with fantastic facilities, stunning views, great hotel bedrooms and perfect conference facilities. Our company holds many events at this hotel due to the flexibility and style of conference suites. The staff are absolutely fantastic staff in every department, nothing is too much trouble! The food quality and choice has always been incredible which is very important to our attendees also. We have a high level of delegation staying at the hotel for the conference and we are always at ease knowing that they will love the hotel and atmosphere it provides as we always receive fantastic feedback. The only thing I wish is that I could come back for a holiday and have more time to enjoy the amazing pool, spa and leisure facilities! Great work to everyone at this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Leon_Meyer_AHS, General Manager at Arabella Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Claire581

Thank you for choosing Arabella Hotel for the 7th time to host your event! We are delighted that you keep on coming back! Thank you for highlighting the professionalism shown by Birgitta and the event organizers. We wish to assure you that we have congratulated the TEAM for doing such an outstanding job. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon (this time hopefully for a holiday)!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We chose Arabella for a night away to celebrate our anniversary (without our baby) and we couldn't have chosen a better spot.

Arabella excelled in every aspect; the staff were all very pleasant, professional and welcoming - and somehow knew our names on arrival! We were made to feel like celebrities on the red carpet throughout our short stay.

The rooms are not excessively large but are very luxuriously equipped and all have stunning views. The only negative if I am being particularly pedantic is that the road noise travels across the lagoon from the main road which is quite some distance away, but that could hardly be said to detract from the experience nor could it be helped by the hotel.

We ate at the a la carte restaurant, which is priced as one would expect in a 5 star hotel, but unlike our other experiences in 5 star hotels, the food was absolutely superb!

Best of all was our two experiences in the Spa... we enjoyed the signature African Rain Forest treatment which really was a fast track to deep relaxation on day 1, and a 90 min hot stone massage on day 2. My wife being a fan of Spa's and a very qualified skincare therapist with her own business in the industry can be very critical of such Spa's, especially as Hotel Spa's are priced above other comparable establishments. In this instance my wife was nothing but blown away by not only the professionalism of the staff, the top professional products used but also the incredible amount of thought, planning and expenditure that must have occurred to create the facility itself. Truly worthwhile!

We didn't play the golf course but I know it to be excellent from previous experiences.

In life you tend to get what you pay for, and Arabella is not cheap. However I would say that Arabella's rates for what you do get are rather good, and if your budget stretches to that then I would strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Leon_Meyer_AHS, General Manager at Arabella Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear SeanoPienaar

Your comments were read with great pride and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed such a special stay and Spa experience. It is always good to receive feedback where GUESTS rate our Hotel and Spa as highly as you have.

Thank you for highlighting the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and the fact that the team did go out of their way to make you feel welcome! We wish to assure you that we have congratulated the STAFF for doing such an outstanding job.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful Hotel soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Wonderful weekend away! My (now) fiance and I stayed here in March for 2 nights in the Presidential Suite. It was a surprise weekend away for me when he proposed on the second night, it was so magical. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with friendliness and professionalism. The suite was huge with our own sauna in the bathroom and a spa bath over looking the lake! We had a lovely dinner in the Jamani restaurant the first night and the Premier restaurant the second night. I would say the Jamani restaurant had more atmosphere, the Premier restaurant was more intimate but could do with some background music. We spent time at the pool, spa and in the various lounges, and even had a walk around the golf course. I would recommend some form of evening entertainment, perhaps live music at the bar after dinner as there is not much to do in the evening. Other than that it was a spectacular weekend!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Leon_Meyer_AHS, General Manager at Arabella Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear DomeniqueD

We are pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Arabella. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful Hotel (maybe for your Honeymoon!)

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We recently hosted a big Virgin event for 100 or so people at the Arabella Hotel and Spa in Kleinmond, and I have only wonderful things to say about the staff, the service, the food and the venue in general.
The event planning was a complicated and onerous process and the staff at Arabella were a complete pleasure to deal with from start to finish and efficient and professional. The Hotel and Spa are both beautiful and provided the perfect venue for the really prestigious event, and the food was out of this world! I would not hesitate to recommend the Arabella Hotel and Spa as a venue, whether for a personal getaway or a corporate function.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kirstenveenstra

I appreciate the time you have taken to advise me of your impressions of our facilities, food and service. Thank you in particular, for highlighting the helpfulness and courtesy shown by the staff! We wish to assure you that we have congratulated the STAFF for doing such an outstanding job.
It is through such feedback that we are able to enhance our strengths and also provide feedback to our employees of their service to GUESTS.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My wife and I decided to escape the Argus cycle race madness in Cape Town and managed to secure a summer special at Arabella. We used the telephonic booking process and found the lady who did the booking to be charming and efficient. In fact we found almost our entire experience to be fantastic. Service-wise there were a couple of blips, but these were quickly remedied by apologetic and eager staff. The room was spacious and spotless with a flat screen TV, mini-bar, safe etc. We never used the spa facilities, but these seemed clean and tidy. I wasn't partial to the buffet dinner at the Jamani (?) Restaurant, but found the breakfasts to be varied and thoroughly enjoyable. I will certainly return, hopefully in the not-too-distant future !

1  Thank cliffordius1

Dear Cliffordius1

We are delighted to hear that that the Arabellla Team did not disappoint. Thank you for highlighting the friendliness shown by the staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!