Arabella Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oude Schuur(Vermont)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursea la carte restaurantroom servicegolf estatebot riverplay golfbeautiful hotelcape townround of golfworld classrainforest experiencestunning viewsin room dininglagoon facing roomattention to detailwhale watchingconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a great time at your hotel, the staff were all very friendly but the highlight for me was my massage from Anne. She was amazing. I would come back just to have another massage from her and in the future I will only request her. My boyfriend did not enjoy his deep tissue massage from the other lady he had. Anne for the win :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayne_ASH, General Manager at Arabella Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Megeloff
Thank you for your amazing review. I will certainly ensure Anne gets the credit so well deserved! We value all of our guest’s comments highly as it is important for improving our services and product.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I took a friend to the spa this weekend. What an experience. My consultant ANNE was great. She went out of her way to make my experience a memorable one. Her product knowledge was outstanding and I look forward to my next spa experience with her. Liz

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz19532014

Dear Liz19532014
Many thanks for your kind review. It is great to have some honest and happy feedback from our guests! We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very rarely will you find a gem like Arabella, approx 20k from Hermanus, set in huge grounds and surrounded by amazing mountain scenery in every corner. The hotel offers one of the best golf courses in the world. Carts are available but the course can easily be walked. Accommodation is very luxurious and the service is impeccable. Full Spa services will pamper anyone's need. The outdoor swimming pool is set in beautiful grounds and never too crowded being a medium sized hotel. The quality of food was top class and very reasonably priced. Look out for their winter specials June- August - excellent value.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have excellent views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear MICHAEL FF
Thanks for posting a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Arabella Hotel & Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

After years of holidaying in Hermanus and driving past Arabella, I finally decided to visit. It took me so long to get around to it because the hotel is deceptively plain on the outside, blending into its surroundings and looking a bit bland.

However, the inside boasts surprisingly lush gardens and is unexpectedly pretty. The hotel has an impressive variety of entertainment and tours on offer. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly (nothing was too much trouble) and the food was really good.

The best feature for me was the amazing waterfall built into the rock of the swimming pool. Truly beautiful. I'll definitely return and next time hopefully for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Samantha B
Thank you for allowing us the chance to change your opinion on Arabella! We are looking forward to your return visit and you spending more time with us in feature.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked into the Spa for a full body massage a few days ago. The reception was very efficient and after filling in a medical questionare, was taken to a beautiful treatment room. Soft music and lingering smells of exotic oils immediately calmed my senses. But the the big surprise came when Anne Nanne started massaging me. She is so proffesional and helped me relax within a few seconds. The hour long massage sped past and I was dissapointed when it dad finished. The experience Anne gave me exceeded all expectations. Will be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Anne Nanne by name when you want an excellent massage or treatment.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Wayne_ASH, General Manager at Arabella Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Jan C
Thank you for your kind compliments and comments on TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our hardworking staff that so enjoy making someone’s day special and are pleased that your visit to our Spa will be a very memorable experience.