We had an incredible experience at Lake Manze. It was the first stop on our honeymoon safari tour in Tanzania, and I can't say enough about the location, the camp and the quality of the guides.
I don't know what expectations other travelers have about "luxury camps," but the permanent tents were clean, comfortable, stylish and private. I wouldn't have asked for anything else especially since we watched a wild elephant calmly pass by the front of our tent under the full moon. Even though we were in the middle of the wild, we always felt safe due to the Maasai guides that accompanied us to the dining and lounge area.
Due to the intimacy of the camp, we didn't encounter large tour groups and the clientele were very friendly as well. We dined under the stars every evening and the food was delicious.
We didn't feel forced to stay on a specific schedule, and our days were always flexible. The boat safaris were a once in a lifetime experience as we saw hundreds of crocodiles, birds, hippos and other animals grazing by the riverside. Our walking safari was so informative as well and all of the guides are knowledgeable.
An important note as well- they were incredibly accommodating to us as KLM misplaced our luggage and we arrived a day later. They were so flexible and friendly upon our arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Manze - Experience adventure! Keep it natural! Feel the thrills of having an elephant eating Doum palm seeds right outside your tent. Hear the sound of its rumbling stomach and see how tender a mother is to her calf. We have so much to learn from our animal friends, teachings that can help us create a better world. We keep everything as it was before we arrived and this is why animals use the camp as much as our guests. Experience this magical, romantic camp on the shore of the Lake Manze with stunning lake views from your own veranda. Experience the sunrise on a walking safari. Enjoy a delicious picnic bush breakfast or lunch during your game drive as you spot lions and wild dogs. Take a fishing trip on the lake. Get close and personal with hippos and crocodiles and thousands of exotic birds on a sunset boat safari. Delight in a sumptuous candlelight dinner on the lake shore to the symphony of the surrounding. You'll never want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Lake Manze Tented Camp, Selous Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Manze Tented Camp, Selous Game Reserve Hotel Selous Game Reserve
- Lake Manze Tented Camp, Selous Game Reserve Tanzania