My new husband and I traveled to Sand Rivers in June 2014. We stayed for four nights and had an awesome time. The lodge is beautiful and the rooms were great with awesome views. The staff was very friendly and really helpful.
The guides were very knowledgeable and its very private and exclusive.
The camp managers, Kate and Cameron were very welcoming, knowledgeable and so helpful.
Overall we had a great time and would definetly come back or recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Richard Bonham built Sand Rivers, he was offered any area in the Northern Selous. There were good reasons why this site, overlooking the mile wide Rufiji River, was the only place he wanted to be. At the heart of an intricate network of sand river channels, oxbow lakes and open plains, Sand Rivers opens a window on the private lives of Africa's big mammals. Creep up on elephant as they wallow in hidden lakes; drift silently by boat down the river at dusk or sleep out under the stars at night in our unique flycamp. With just eight open-fronted rooms looking out over the Rufiji River, Sand Rivers offers variety, spontaneity and a gradual immersion in a seductively wild part of Southern Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Sand Rivers Selous, Nomad Tanzania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Rivers Selous Hotel Selous Game Reserve
- Sand Rivers Selous, Nomad Tanzania Selous Game Reserve